General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Anybody 6'2" and fit in a Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
For those over 6' 4" who have sat in/driven the Fit - with the seat all the way back does the B pillar block the side view very much? This is always the problem for me in most smaller cars. I can live with it if the side view mirrors are well placed...

Old 04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi...

As my husband just said "I'm 6'2 and fat and I fit in the FIT". You wouldn't believe how much headroom there is for him!

Old 04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by willmax11
I prefer A-Silver. I test drove the Storm Silver, but when I saw them together changed and got the A-Silver instead. The other one looks Grey in this picture of them side by side.

Click- "Previous" button.

http://spaces.msn.com/willmartfit/Pe...m&_c02_owner=1
Nice armrest Willmax11, You could make some money with the aftermarket tuner crowd on e-bay

Old 04-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by coopula
dosent the sport have a roof spoiler standard?
The sport I drove tonight had one. Considering that the dealer has 'no accessories in yet' for the Fit, I'd have to say that makes it standard.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:11 PM
I am 6'2'' and felt VERY comfortable in the Fit. The civic I drove has the emergency brake closer to the front of the center console and it hit me in my right knee - I felt more cramped in the civic than the Fit.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:11 PM
I finally drove a Storm Silver Sport AT tonight. I was most impressed with the interior. Very nice quality design and materials. The space configuration is ingenious. I am just shy of 6'1" and I felt the driver's seat was just right for me. I couldn't imagine being much taller and feeling comfortable though. The front passenger seat was a tad more snug, but not enough to be considered problematic. The rear passenger seats had a very nice amount of leg room and the ceiling was nice and high. I'd say there was at least 3 or four inches above my head.

The drive was pretty good, but I must admit that I was a bit underwhelmed with the acceleration. It was fine and more than adequate, but the engine was kind of loud and sounded like it was working very hard to rise in speed. In contrast, I thought the Toyota Yaris Liftback accelerated more seamlessly and was a much plusher feeling ride. But the Yaris' interior felt cheap and a bit clausterphobic. The Fit made me feel like I had more command of the road, while the Yaris made me feel puny.

I feel pretty good with my decision to go with the Fit. I think it's just a matter of me getting used to its ride, which is lighter and a bit more tempermental than my current VW Golf. The Golf feels like a much heavier car with a more steady engine. But I've given up on it because I've had horror stories with it in terms of reliability (towed 6 times in 2 years). I'm excited to see my Vivd Blue Sport AT in a few weeks. I hope I feel more steady in my decision by then.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
I just picked up my Fit tonight. I am 6' 2" and 245 (on a good day). I have pretty long legs. Headroom is NOT an issue.

I will say...legroom may be. I certainly hope it's not too much of a problem. I used to own an S2000 (a couple cars back) and feel that the Fit might be a bit more snug on legroom than the S2000 was.

What I really find weird...sometimes on a long drive, I pull my left foot back toward the seat. In the Fit, you end up hitting the gas tank bulge. Not a huge deal, but kinda strange.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Ditto on the height. In my LX auto I found the well for the missing clutch was a good spot to park my left foot on the highway. Then I found another notch up into the area near the fuse box. This allows me to stretch my leg out, completely straight.

Did you also lean the seatback a notch? Made all the diff. for me.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:04 PM
I also pull my left foot back - I will have to see how comfortable it is.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DRum
I also pull my left foot back - I will have to see how comfortable it is.
It's not.

I have size 13s, but I guess it really doesn't matter because everyone's heel is in the same place.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by willmax11
Ditto on the height. In my LX auto I found the well for the missing clutch was a good spot to park my left foot on the highway. Then I found another notch up into the area near the fuse box. This allows me to stretch my leg out, completely straight.

Did you also lean the seatback a notch? Made all the diff. for me.
I did....I leaned it back pretty far for me...didn't make much difference. I had a 2002 Civic Si at one point and I remember that leaning trick helping in that car.

I have been using my 1997 Odyssey as a daily driver for the last couple weeks, so maybe I am just used to a lot of room coupled with not having to shift.

I don't have a missing clutch spot...I'd rather die of leg cramps than buy an automatic!