General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit leg room

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Fit leg room

I wanted to know for those that are over 6'0 (I'm 6'3) that had cars before that had lots of leg room (for the drivers) if you have a Fit how are you finding the adjustment? While I like the car, I'm not too thrilled with the leg room. It seems like good leg room for the front (driver side especially) is getting shorter and shorter...and made more for people who are 6'0 and shorter.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
im 6'7", my brother is 6'4, my stepdad is 6'10", my mom is 6'2", and my sister is a kid lol. well, we can all ride in the fit no problem. my stepdad doesnt even have a problem riding in the back seat. i dont have a problem either. hte fit has nice headroom, and TONS of head room

Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
I'm 6'2" and my 08 seemed a little tight. Maybe it was just me. I do like the new seat position in the 09 as the seats seem to sit a little higher and give a little more room.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
im 6'7", my brother is 6'4, my stepdad is 6'10", my mom is 6'2", and my sister is a kid lol. well, we can all ride in the fit no problem. my stepdad doesnt even have a problem riding in the back seat. i dont have a problem either. hte fit has nice headroom, and TONS of head room
You haven't sat in a '97 Civic then to really enjoy leg room, believe me. After that kind of leg extension, I'd be lying if I said I thought it was too much.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Too cramped....to just right.

When I first test drove a 2008 Fit Sport (AT), I was very unhappy with the "cramped" feeling I got in the drivers seat. I could not get the seat or steering wheel adjusted for comfort. My feet felt very constrained and I knew this would not work for me. I am 5'9".

I couldn't seem to shake my intrigue with the car though. I really liked the design and look of it, so I test drove a (MT) to see if it made any difference in my comfort level. I was shocked! I "FIT" perfectly and didn't have that "cramped" feeling I had previously experienced with the (AT). My guess is the pedal placement in the (MT) must have made the difference---so much that I purchased the car after my test drive.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by somdamon
When I first test drove a 2008 Fit Sport (AT), I was very unhappy with the "cramped" feeling I got in the drivers seat. I could not get the seat or steering wheel adjusted for comfort. My feet felt very constrained and I knew this would not work for me. I am 5'9".

I couldn't seem to shake my intrigue with the car though. I really liked the design and look of it, so I test drove a (MT) to see if it made any difference in my comfort level. I was shocked! I "FIT" perfectly and didn't have that "cramped" feeling I had previously experienced with the (AT). My guess is the pedal placement in the (MT) must have made the difference---so much that I purchased the car after my test drive.
You're 5'9, you don't count... lol Congrats on the purchase though. I'm gonna take one for a long spin and see what it's like. Like I said, if you guys that are over 5'11/6'0 sat in a '97-99/00 Civic, you'd see what real leg room is like.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by somdamon

Really? until i used my MOMO steering wheel with
some daikei spacers to push the steering wheel back
away from the pedals on my 08', i felt like i was driving
a corolla (the stand and drive feel. at least it doesn't
have the horizontal steering feel like on the borolla's ).
even with the 1" spacer it still feels like the steering wheel
is too close, but within acceptable level.

my other cars do not feel like this way at all. the
car was made for a small japanese woman, i think.
so my wife fits perfectly.

the 09's however feel much better as far as the steering
position.... the car just feels huge.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
For '09 the telescoping steering wheel and the dead pedal help find a comfortable driving position. You have a few more options for getting comfortable. Plus--and I think this is important--the car feels much more spacious than the '08s. I don't know how much is real and how much is illusion, but I drove the '08 before deciding to wait. I just couldn't get comfortable (6'1" and normal weight).

Cheers

Old 03-09-2009, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
I'm 6'3", 280lbs and Fit in the '09's pretty well. I have rather long legs and still fit pretty well, i'm used to being sort of cramped though, my '91 Civic (current DD) was not made for me, either. haha

You guys should remember though that just because you're...say 6'3" and YOU fit, does not mean that someone else who is even 6'1" will fit, we're all made differently!

Old 03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
i'm just over 6foot and feel like there's just enough leg room in 09. one other thing is i just BARELY fit under the hatch when it is opened. any taller and i'd be hitting my head on it all the time. it's one of (few)(small) things i don't like.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I took one for a test drive today, liked it, but, again the room. Wondering if you can remove the dead pedal completely. On the new Civics I noticed it's a piece of hard plastic/metal? screwed onto the floor and it can be removed. But in the Fit it looks like it's molded into the body and underneath the "carpet". Nice ride, but I may just have to buy a used 2005 Civic. New cars = more price and you lost a nice chunk of money once you drive off the lot...but it's new, gotta love the feel of a new car...damn dilemma.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kuba
I wanted to know for those that are over 6'0 (I'm 6'3) that had cars before that had lots of leg room (for the drivers) if you have a Fit how are you finding the adjustment? While I like the car, I'm not too thrilled with the leg room. It seems like good leg room for the front (driver side especially) is getting shorter and shorter...and made more for people who are 6'0 and shorter.

Ever had the expereience of hobbnobbing in Japan? The Fit is designed for people generally shorter than Americans.