General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do You LOVE The FIT??? Then DEFEND The FIT...!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Banned
Do You LOVE The FIT??? Then DEFEND The FIT...!!!

Hello.

Come defend Honda and the Honda FIT on the AutoWeek forum. The place is crawling with domestic fans that pray for Honda to die. They've all dismissed the FIT because it's a) a Honda and b) because it's getting rave reviews.

Also, it's the best forum on the internet to discuss cars, so you win anyway.

www.autoweek.com

Look for my FIT threads... my user name is Karma Police.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Banned
http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.js...=693989#693989

Here's one thread... they absolutely hate any good news about Honda.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Banned
Old 04-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Banned
As you can see, I'm pulling one massive FIT campagne by myself. I need help. Note the intense hatred for Honda/FIT!!! Come represent!

Society of Fit!

Old 04-04-2006, 01:52 AM
^^^^^^ hahahahahahha

Old 04-04-2006, 02:03 AM
^lol

why the hell would u care about it anyway?

Old 04-04-2006, 06:54 AM
Over the years I've learned to stay out of car conversations with DOMESTIC DIE HARDS, the majority tend to be less educated and of a redneckish mentality. The further you go south of the Mason/Dixon line the more ignorant they get. The more rural you get too, Dumbmestic fans get even more dumb.

I find import owners, especially Japanese owners who tend to value, quality, durability, longevity and know what true value is.

I'm fawkin' tired of hearing hemi this, hemi that, torque this, torque that, horsepower wars that Detroits shitty big three have created. They have to discount their $#itty product with employee discounts, massive rebates, zero down and low interest rates to move their junk.

Most of them cannot build a durable 4 cylinder bread and butter car properly so I don't give a goddamn about the V6, V8 , V10 and V12's, with superchargers, turbos and hemi shit land yatch barge handling UAW/CAW plants with N.A bad production methods and profit over quality mentality. Plus, we here in N.A. need a good fawkin' fuel crisis to make us s#it our pants and turn to more efficient vehicles. Chrysler needs to get fawked badly as they seem to be leading this horsepower war in these delicate times.

I buy Japanese especially if it is from Japan because they have a better quality oriented proud culture with constant innovation and treatment of employees who are loyal and have input into production methods which transfer down to solid product.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jesus
Hello.

Come defend Honda and the Honda FIT on the AutoWeek forum. The place is crawling with domestic fans that pray for Honda to die. They've all dismissed the FIT because it's a) a Honda and b) because it's getting rave reviews.

Also, it's the best forum on the internet to discuss cars, so you win anyway.

www.autoweek.com

Look for my FIT threads... my user name is Karma Police.
Lots of reviews just out, all good (summaries after websites):
Google Alert for: Honda Fit
http://macleans.auto123.com/en/info/...y?artid=58280#
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...02/002704.html
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/03/honda-fit-reviewed/

2007 Honda Fit Road Test
Macleans - Toronto,ON,Canada
... I've mentioned this before in previous reviews, but my enthusiasm for the budget-mobile was recently reaffirmed while testing out the 2007 Honda Fit, which is ...

2007 Honda Fit Chassis
Auto Spectator - USA
... Accessory alloy wheels and tires from the Honda Factory Performance division are available for Fit and Fit Sport in a 16x6.5-inch size and a bronze finish. ...
See all stories on this topic

Consumer Guide, Edmunds review Honda Fit
Autoblog - Santa Monica,CA,USA
Both Consumer Guide and Edmunds have published new reviews of the Honda Fit, which went on sale this weekend. The Consumer Guide ...

Honda FIT and Ready To Go - VIDEO ENHANCED STORY
Autochannel - USA
... Fit will also offer the Honda Apple® iPod® Music Link® as a dealer-installed Genuine Honda Accessory. The iPod Music Link allows ...
See all stories on this topic

Old 04-04-2006, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CarDemon
Over the years I've learned to stay out of car conversations with DOMESTIC DIE HARDS, the majority tend to be less educated and of a redneckish mentality. The further you go south of the Mason/Dixon line the more ignorant they get. The more rural you get too, Dumbmestic fans get even more dumb.

I find import owners, especially Japanese owners who tend to value, quality, durability, longevity and know what true value is.

I'm fawkin' tired of hearing hemi this, hemi that, torque this, torque that, horsepower wars that Detroits shitty big three have created. They have to discount their $#itty product with employee discounts, massive rebates, zero down and low interest rates to move their junk.

Most of them cannot build a durable 4 cylinder bread and butter car properly so I don't give a goddamn about the V6, V8 , V10 and V12's, with superchargers, turbos and hemi shit land yatch barge handling UAW/CAW plants with N.A bad production methods and profit over quality mentality. Plus, we here in N.A. need a good fawkin' fuel crisis to make us s#it our pants and turn to more efficient vehicles. Chrysler needs to get fawked badly as they seem to be leading this horsepower war in these delicate times.

I buy Japanese especially if it is from Japan because they have a better quality oriented proud culture with constant innovation and treatment of employees who are loyal and have input into production methods which transfer down to solid product.
The domestic divas need to read the editor's response in Consumer Reports' car issue to all the criticism they took for choosing all Japanese vehicles in the top ten. The paragraph about where those "American" cars are actually built vs. where some of the Honda and Toyota models are built, was downright funny.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Banned
Mav,

You're on this forum because you like the Fit, right? You're just expressing the same thought on another... it's all in good fun.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:16 AM
mav
If you think that is bad you should see Honda S2000 owners bashing the Fit...

"Seriously, if there's a sequal to the 40 Year Old Virgin, I bet Steve Carroll trades his bike in on a Fit. I think the Fit is kinda like a modern moped. Sure, it's probably gonna be pretty fun to drive, and your friends might agree in private, but in public, everyone's gonna laugh at you."

"Car and Driver's lane change test ain't gonna make the girls at the bar stop laughing at you. It's a shame, because I'm sure it's a great car. But that doesn't overcome the "I'm a loser" image it portrays, to me."

"But a pocket protector and a palm pilot clipped to your belt are real practical, too! That doesn't make them cool! Just like a Toyota Echo or a Geo Metro aren't, even though they are practical. As far as the commuter aspect, you've got a 1g MR2 in your sig that I assume you get 30mpg in now, right? THAT is a cool commuter car. Even a used Civic (I used to get 34mpg combined in my 98 EX 5-speed sedan) or something, though slightly dorky, is 1000x cooler than the Fit. My prediction? It follows the Xb and the Element as THE car to have in the 55+ "Active Adult" communities."

"2002 RSX = $15,000 vs 2006 Fit = ~$15,000. I'd be all over that Acura."

"Sorry, I'm of the mind that no such thing exists. Honestly, the urge to put performance mods on one of these miniminivans baffles me...why not start out with something meant to be fast?"

And my personal favorite...

"Remember this guy?

And what he drove?

The Fit reminds me of a modern Isetta."

Old 04-04-2006, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
I actually have seen TWO "smart" cars here in Phoenix, and they are not a whole lot bigger than that poor ol tiny Isetta.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:09 AM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Well, you know what they say about people driving large flashy cars to compensate for certain personal inadequacies. So I'd be comfortable driving a Fit or Isetta.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:45 AM
mav
Well, you know what they say about people driving $15K b-segment cars who criticize other people for driving more expensive and better cars... JEALOUSY.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Well regarding these s2000 owners who are criticizing the image of the fit -
A lot of people who drive a sports car are more concerned with an impressive image in the first place. I don't think a happily married man (like myself) typically drives a car like the s2k. Its about impressing women. Its about impressing in general. The fit is of a totally different mindset. Its not about impressing anybody. To me the fit is very minimalist. What ever happened to good old simplicity.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Gas is $1.05 per litre here today, fawck horsepower. That would be $3.30/us gallon in us$

Last edited by Daņiel; 04-04-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Daņiel
Gas is $1.05 per litre here today, fawck horsepower.
I concur Doctor....

Old 04-04-2006, 12:18 PM
I agree with minimalism and simplicity. I know it would not sell here, but I would take it a step further and enjoy a fit with manual steering and windows. I will admit that I do prefer cruise contol though, so not totally bare bones for me.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I think that is pathertic how people do this... Hey if you don't like it don't talk about it... LOL

Old 04-04-2006, 12:53 PM
f64
Originally Posted by mav

"Car and Driver's lane change test ain't gonna make the girls at the bar stop laughing at you. It's a shame, because I'm sure it's a great car. But that doesn't overcome the "I'm a loser" image it portrays, to me."

I'm not sure what reality you live in, but I never had a girl care one bit about what I drive. It must be my wit and charm that's getting me by.

This girl loves the Fit and the fact I'm going to drive one. I think you under estimate some women. This one loves the Fit, and probably couldn't tell the difference between an S2000 or the Fit except the S2000 is too small. Maybe I'll post her in the Fit babe of the week thread with my Fit when I get it.

Last edited by f64; 04-04-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Do You LOVE The FIT??? Then DEFEND The FIT...!!!