General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 08:55 AM
willee, have you tried dealers outside Richmond? Try asking the ones closer to DC, or if you're willing to drive south, in the Raleigh/Durham area. Someone in this thread is from Raleigh and is getting dealers to talk deposits there...

Old 04-14-2006, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Willee51, I live in the Richmond area, and Pearson Honda WILL take a deposit. They have at least four coming in the first batch, and only one is currently spoken for (mine).

Vivid Blue Sport Auto - MINE!
Milano Red Sport Auto
Taffeta White Sport Auto
Vivid Blue Base Manual

They won't let you pay in full yet, but they are fully aware of the car, and the amount of interest in it. There's a young guy there, by the name of Shawn Bolden, that'll be glad to help you. They also have an older guy that went on the ride and drive, who could answer any questions.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by willee51
Here in central Virginia, I can not find a dealer that will even discuss a deposit! However, I got an e-mail from a dealer (50-mi away) saying his first FIT was due in on April 20! His first ONE? Are dealers around here only getting ONE to start?

My truck is in the city paper & Autotrader this weekend and I really dropped the asking price!

I may have to settle for a Scion XA My second choice vehicle!
I'm gettin 5 sports, and 1 Base. I even have the Vin#'s
Va. isn't too far away.
You could purchase one right now if you wanted.
Unfortunately I'm in Atlanta GA., what is that about a 7hr. drive?

Last edited by hgunn; 04-14-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by big Fit
I have been told that this new car the Fit is to be an entry level car for college folks and first time buyers. It is a good Idea however They are not doing a good job. A civic dx meets the discription in that catagory much better
I live in Ga and I don't think anyone is going to want a DX. No A/C or radio.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Last time I drove to Atlanta from Richmond, it was a 9 hour drive... and it wasn't even a holiday weekend.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
the real simple fact is you are buying a 20,000 dollar object with a profit margain of 11-14%, you are just so cheap, you are trying to cut that profit margain to 3%.

and even when you are presented with the offer at only 3% profit, you want even more.
Sorry, no numerical values have been presented from my side on this topic what so ever. You have absolutely no idea what I pay or want to pay for my vehicles, and the blind accusations make you sound foolish.

lastly, the value is far from fixed, how much the dealership sells, the amount of time the vehicle have been sitting, any potential spiffs in the near future, or even which sales person sells it all have a play on the vehicle's value.
Of course if you leave and come back another day, or go to a different dealer, the value can change. However, while you are seated and negotiating, the value is effectively constant. The point is that you are negotiating around this value.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by plus_c
And what multiple people, with varying degrees of politeness, have been trying to tell *you* is that your point of view on negotiations is overly simplistic. If price minus incentives was the only thing on which a dealership made profits on a sale, you would be correct. HOWEVER - the additional incentives available to a dealer but not commissionable for the salesman means that incentives for those two parties are NOT completely aligned. Therefore, the salesman and sales manager will act in different ways to look out for their own incentives. As a consumer, you're up against both of them, and therefore must take both of their incentives and motivations into account in order to reach an acceptable deal quickly. Being cognizant of this will allow you to spend less time in the dealership, and possibly let you end up with a deal that's better for you.
Like I said, more information is always better, but I still don't think this view is overly simplistic. The salesman and the manager still play for the same team. They've got the same goal: more money. Their profits are different but it all comes from your wallet.

Also, frequently when the salesman and manager are acting differently, it is just that: acting. Playing a character for profit.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by watermelonman
Also, frequently when the salesman and manager are acting differently, it is just that: acting. Playing a character for profit.
...jackpot

Old 04-14-2006, 04:12 PM
combine your purchase

Here's an idea that might be dead in the water, or might actually work. I got to thinking about this when HashiriyaS14 started talking about going straight to the fleet manager.

There are a number of people here who are in the same general area. For instance, plus_c is in Philadelphia, PA and DewaltDakota is in Richmond,VA. You two could agree to meet at a Honda dealership somewhere in between your locations. You both go into the dealership and talk to the same salesperson at the same time, both wanting to buy a Fit that day. It seems to me that you would have even more bargaining power because the salesperson would sell two cars at the same time. If they choose not to bargain with you, walk away, and go to another dealership in the area. I can't imagine a salesperson wanting to lose a sale, and losing two sales would be even worse. If the sales manager says you both have to deal with separate salespeople, walk away, and go to another dealership.

Sort of like a coop. The greater the number of people in the coop, the greater the bargaining power

Prerequisites would be:

1. The dealership would need to have more than one Fit.
2. The dealership would have the color/options you both want whether duplicate or different.

I'm sure I'm probably not the first person to think of this.

Last edited by crankshaft; 04-14-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:35 PM
crankshaft, not a bad idea actually - in fact, in China this "group buy" concept is well-established. People have been known to descend on Chevrolet dealerships en masse in Beijing to get 10-15% off of an Aveo because of their numbers. Dewalt, who are you working with at Pearson? I might as well buy from a dealer who will be local to where I'm working in future.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by plus_c
crankshaft, not a bad idea actually - in fact, in China this "group buy" concept is well-established. People have been known to descend on Chevrolet dealerships en masse in Beijing to get 10-15% off of an Aveo because of their numbers. Dewalt, who are you working with at Pearson? I might as well buy from a dealer who will be local to where I'm working in future.
Hmmm.....maybe I should start this idea as a new thread called "Group Buy". Thanks for the thread name plus_c.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:24 PM
lol there is a whole forum for that!

Old 04-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Oops! Disregard

Originally Posted by Iamthespy007
lol there is a whole forum for that!
Disregard.

I didn't know there was already a forum for this. Sorry about that.

I told you somebody probably already thought of it.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:03 PM
I think that part's for part buys, not exactly for the Fits themselves. But yeah, it'd be cool to see if there are enough people close enough together to go into a dealer and negotiate as a group.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry The same way meaning they will sell it for msrp. if ineested send me a messege

Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by big Fit
I FOUND A FIT FIVE SPEED FOR MSRP+DESTINATION+TAX. tHEY ALSO HAVE A BLACK FIT SPORT TO BE SOLD THE SAME WAY.
A specific dealer in washington state is content selling fits at msrp.