General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Or a matrix

Old 04-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Feel the need to expand the horizons? ps my parents own to toyotas and they are great... just they are more expensive and i've had bad dealings with toyota guys at dealerships

Old 04-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Iamthespy007
Feel the need to expand the horizons? ps my parents own to toyotas and they are great... just they are more expensive and i've had bad dealings with toyota guys at dealerships
yea i wont have much problems with a toyota dealer mostly because our family friend is a dealer and we've purchased 6 toyotas from him in the past 10 years.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:15 PM
cool... i dont have that luck cuz i live in a different state now...about 4 hrs away...

Old 04-13-2006, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chopsuey
of course...thats how they make a living. i still dont care what you pricing experts are saying in this thread...i refuse to pay MSRP...the fit is supposed to be slotted below the civic....and at almost 16grand MSRP, the civic lx's MSRP is not much more...and you could probably get invoice or close to it on the civic.
well then I guess you are getting a civic lx. hope you enjoy it, but it won't be a fit.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:31 PM
of course...thats how they make a living. i still dont care what you pricing experts are saying in this thread...i refuse to pay MSRP...the fit is supposed to be slotted below the civic....and at almost 16grand MSRP, the civic lx's MSRP is not much more...and you could probably get invoice or close to it on the civic.
you can refuse to pay msrp, you can want to pay invoice.

in the end, you dont dictate what the car sells for. the market does. if the demand for the vehicle is there at msrp, dont expect to get it for invoice. how well you can haggle or who you know will make no difference.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by crankshaft
Another salesman trying to convince us to pay more than we need to.
funny...

how much exactly is what you need to pay??

Old 04-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm picking up my Fit Sport, Storm Silver Metallic Manual w/ ipod uplink!(hopefully on 4/20) in Portland, Oregon...I had been waiting for a Civic LX with a manual tran. (why SO hard to find?) I've been working with a great Honda dealer that honored all of our predetermined discounts and applied them to the Fit, and I'm coming in less than 16k(title registration etc included) on the purchase..hoping that's a pretty good price...and if the rep makes a little $ for helping me out for the past month looking at a new Honda then that's fine by me.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:18 PM
man i envy you oregonian's policy with no sales tax.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah well you just don't want to pay our property taxes !

Old 04-13-2006, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
I FOUND A FIT FIVE SPEED FOR MSRP+DESTINATION+TAX. tHEY ALSO HAVE A BLACK FIT SPORT TO BE SOLD THE SAME WAY.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:23 PM
"to be sold the same way" in that it's the same price?

Old 04-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Question for the sales guys. I am either buying a civic lx or a fit but not until they have one to test drive. What do you guys feel is a fair % over invoice to make a deal on average. I just want a fair price and don't want to waste his time or mine . I have what I think the car is worth and if he tries to hit a home run I walk and would expect him to do the same if I gave a rediculous offer. No time or patience for B.S.I feel the pain of sales because I have a guy trying to low ball me on my truck for less than I can get as a trade in!

Old 04-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by mriz
Question for the sales guys. I am either buying a civic lx or a fit but not until they have one to test drive. What do you guys feel is a fair % over invoice to make a deal on average. I just want a fair price and don't want to waste his time or mine . I have what I think the car is worth and if he tries to hit a home run I walk and would expect him to do the same if I gave a rediculous offer. No time or patience for B.S.I feel the pain of sales because I have a guy trying to low ball me on my truck for less than I can get as a trade in!
for the fit, i expect it to sell for msrp for at least a few month.

civic lx, i personally quote 400-500 above invoice.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:12 AM
mav
Originally Posted by aywwsd
by may, fit will still sell for msrp.

go look at the scions, out for years and still sell for msrp.
Scions are priced differently under their Pure Price policy. Even so, I know of several people that have gotten their Scions for below the "Pure Price" price.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
Plus_C - not really sure. I have pretty good credit (FICO = 757), but Capital One is known for taking in "less than perfect credit" people, too (not that mine's "perfect"). At least if you're rejected, you don't have some banker or dealer staring at you, making you feel even worse about it.
757? That's probably a dream for me - 20 years old here, just getting out of college, not much credit to speak of. Hmm, wonder if they'll still approve me...

Old 04-14-2006, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member
man i envy you oregonian's policy with no sales tax.
Don't forget when you do your federal income tax for 2006: If you do have a state income tax, you can choose between getting an exemption for that, or for the sales tax you paid all year. Save your receipts!! We don't have a state income tax, so I take the time to total up my sales taxes from all receipts and compare it to the standard deduction (Turbo Tax helps). You will be able to include the sales tax you pay on your Fit -- so itemization is the way to go for your '06 1040. You will get a very nice tax exemption. This tax law was enacted to make it as fair as possible for everyone to get a tax break. (Of course if you have high state income tax, compare that to your sales taxes for the year.)

Old 04-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by plus_c
757? That's probably a dream for me - 20 years old here, just getting out of college, not much credit to speak of. Hmm, wonder if they'll still approve me...
American Honda Finance does have a graduate program just for folks like you. You have to have graduated in the last year, or will graduate in the next 2 months, have no derogatory credit, and bring proof of education. Check it out at your local dealer.

Russ

Old 04-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Watching Fit pricing is going to be very interesting. A lot depends on gas prices. Few here remember the 1973 Arab oil embargo, no driving on Sunday, 55 mph speed limits, and only being able to purchase $10 of gas at a time. There's a "big picture" reason manufacturers are rushing b segment cars to the U.S.

My take is if you can afford it, even if it takes a little bit of stretch, get a Fit for MSRP as soon as possible. There is every likelihood that by September a new Fit will be selling on e-bay for MSRP +?.

At best, in 6 months, you might get $500 off MSRP, but it could be much worse, that is, MSRP + a loooong wait. Then it's Civic time.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Here in central Virginia, I can not find a dealer that will even discuss a deposit! However, I got an e-mail from a dealer (50-mi away) saying his first FIT was due in on April 20! His first ONE? Are dealers around here only getting ONE to start?

My truck is in the city paper & Autotrader this weekend and I really dropped the asking price!

I may have to settle for a Scion XA My second choice vehicle!

Quick Reply: Fit Pricing