General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

trading sport parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:36 PM
trading sport parts

so i really like all of the benefits to the sport but prefer the body of the base model. i'm thinking of buying the sport and trying to trade the parts with a base owner because that would probably end up being less expensive than adding on an auxilary input, keyless entry, etc. to the base. any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
I see what your saying. Just make sure then that you dont buy the exclusive Blaze Orange color.
But how much do you plan to get back on the parts trade (I assume you would trade out the body kit and hatch spoiler)? A couple hundred bucks?

Old 03-28-2006, 01:38 PM
no worries on the orange color. not really my thing. honestly this is my first time buying new so i don't really know too much about the trading thing. it's just kind of something i've been thinking about since i saw the two side-by-side. as far as how much money back, that's pretty much what i would expect. i would just imagine that it would be less expensive (although more of a hassle) to buy the sport and trade parts than to put what i wanted on the base.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by stacey14
so i really like all of the benefits to the sport but prefer the body of the base model. i'm thinking of buying the sport and trying to trade the parts with a base owner because that would probably end up being less expensive than adding on an auxilary input, keyless entry, etc. to the base. any thoughts on this would be helpful.
If you remove the body panels, you will expose anchor holes used to secure the parts. Also, you will have to remove some glue / adhesive used here. After you scrape off the sticky stuff and fill up the holes you may have to repaint this area. So, how much did you hope to get for the parts?

Old 03-28-2006, 02:12 PM
I used to own a WRX, and Impreza owners do stuff like this all the time.

Lots of STI people want a wingless trunk (or the smaller WRX wing), so they trade with WRX or 2.5RS owners for the lower-profile gear. Consequently, the WRX and 2.5RS owners want STI stuff, and so on. For instance, the STI guys might want the smaller hoodscoop.

I'm sure a market like this will pop up for Fit owners as well. I mean, with every other car with an enthusiast following, there's always a market for used OEM aero. Hell, OEM STI splitters or S13 window rain visors will cost you a mint used.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by fitntrim
If you remove the body panels, you will expose anchor holes used to secure the parts. Also, you will have to remove some glue / adhesive used here. After you scrape off the sticky stuff and fill up the holes you may have to repaint this area. So, how much did you hope to get for the parts?
do you know for a fact that the holes will be different between the sport/base panels or is it a speculation? i definitely would not be interested in swapping parts if the mounting holes were different. thanks for the info, everyone!