General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Build dates - tracking arrival in US

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Build dates - tracking arrival in US

I put my $500 down on a Fit Sport Automatic today.

I thought that it might be interesting to hear when your Fit was built. Then we would follow up with arrival dates to get an idea how they are moving into the country.

My Storm Silver Fit Sport was built on March 10 and will be delivered to Columbia, Missouri.

I’ll keep you posted.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
My Fit Sport 5MT (Black) was built yesterday (March 23rd) per my dealer, port of enrty is Long Beach.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
My local dealers are only getting 3-4 Fits each in April and don't want to take deposits. They're getting lots of calls and they don't have to bother.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Sounds like those are going to go to the highest bidder, unfortunately.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:35 PM
It sucks when they do business that way.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VTECRoadWarrior
Sounds like those are going to go to the highest bidder, unfortunately.
The dealers tell me they're selling at MSRP. I'm not sure if individual dealers will try to mark them above sticker. I've heard Honda discourages that. What I find discouraging is that hard working people who really need a good, versatile commuting car are going to get shut out. Ever have the experience of rushing to a sale on anything after you get off work and the shelves are empty? Or your size is gone? If I miss out in April, I won't be able to wait any longer and I'll have to buy something else.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:57 PM
FondaFit,
Why not try a dealer in a neighboring state, GA, AL, or LA?
A flight on Delta or Southwest would be cheap enough and you would have a nice little vacation drive back. When the Accord was really hot, hot, hot in the 80s, friends of mine flew up to Maine on vacation and drove their new Accord back. Saved thousands (at the time they were really gouging people on price) and had a great trip.
You could mail a deposit to the store you choose and lock something in for sure. Just a tought.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by fit_4_a_king
My Fit Sport 5MT (Black) was built yesterday (March 23rd) per my dealer, port of enrty is Long Beach.
Haha, mine is exactly the same, same color, same trim/drivetrain, same build date and same port of entry.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VTECRoadWarrior
FondaFit,
Why not try a dealer in a neighboring state, GA, AL, or LA?
A flight on Delta or Southwest would be cheap enough and you would have a nice little vacation drive back. When the Accord was really hot, hot, hot in the 80s, friends of mine flew up to Maine on vacation and drove their new Accord back. Saved thousands (at the time they were really gouging people on price) and had a great trip.
You could mail a deposit to the store you choose and lock something in for sure. Just a tought.
I figured I'd check with friends and family in other states. They're in high population areas, too, though, so I imagine the Fits will sell out fast there as well. (I used up most of my vacation on my old Honda Accord wagon, taking it to the mechanic repeatedly, and on my old pets, hauling them to the vet in my old Honda!) I've gone back to looking at other wagons in case April goes by and I still don't have a Fit (at least not the kind you drive). There are a lot of puns about the Fit already. By May they'll be along the lines of "People are having a fit because the Fits are all gone." I tried for an on line quote, but it was forwarded to the salesman I've already talked with. I really want to buy a Fit from this guy -- he told me about the vehicle in the first place. He's doing his best, but if his dealership can't get enough to go around, he's in a bind, too. I'm used to buying the leftover models from the previous year after the new version comes out. This is the first time I've tried to get a new release, and the experience sucks!

Old 03-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Well I put $500 down some weeks back for a Copper S with auto but spoke with my dealer yesterday and changed my order to a Silver S with manual trans. It was built 3/10 and is enroute from Japan.

I was originally going for the auto trans due to a knee problem but between the price difference and fun of driving I came back to the stick. Not to mention the copper was just a little over the top for me, I think the silver is more my speed.

The sales manager informed me that he would not add to the msrp since we have done business before and he is glad to put me back into a Honda. A very decent guy as he could make more than book on this with another customer.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
I am paying MSRP and have no build date

I will be paying MSRP but did not have a build or ship date when I put the deposit down. One nice thing is that I am doing a trade in with a 2003 Civic so I can still negotiate a little bit.

Old 03-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by FondaFit
The dealers tell me they're selling at MSRP. I'm not sure if individual dealers will try to mark them above sticker. I've heard Honda discourages that. What I find discouraging is that hard working people who really need a good, versatile commuting car are going to get shut out. Ever have the experience of rushing to a sale on anything after you get off work and the shelves are empty? Or your size is gone? If I miss out in April, I won't be able to wait any longer and I'll have to buy something else.
me too. that would suck!

Old 03-25-2006, 07:16 PM
i was just quoted avivid blue sport for $16350

what have any of you been quoted?

Old 03-25-2006, 08:17 PM
misc

I just put $500 down on my Fit Sport Auto, Silver color. They said the official release date is April 20, but this one, along with 3 others, is coming in an earlier batch. He didn't know the exact date, just that it would be before April 20. He said he'll call me when its in.

I tried my best poker face and "insisted" on $300 off MSRP (said the sale was contingent on it), but he came back and said they aren't going below MSRP on the initial release. But he agreed to throw in free tinting (done at the dealership) and 2 oil changes. I said ok, hee! I dont really care, i want the car now! I'll be paying cash for it.

He said i was the first one to actually buy one (via a deposit), but others came in asking about them unwilling to put down the deposit. He said an older lady wanted the silver one too that i bought, but she was just going to wait until they came in. He said she won't be getting this one now.

Azanon

Old 03-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Talked to two dealers and both said they did not sell above MSRP so I think Honda would not like the dealerships doing that. Sioux Falls SD had all six spoken for but I was the first to put a deposit at the dealer in Sioux City so I was given choice of color (lunar mist), been driving a Metro for a little more than eight years so the Fit will be a shock to my system in a good way of course.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Nice try azanon. Good job getting the free tinting. With negotiation skills like that you should be able to retire early!

Old 03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
My Taffeta White Sports Manual Model is being build as we speak right now... I got confirmation at the dealership today.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by moonhunt18
what have any of you been quoted?
My Fit Sport (AT) is on order officially and I got the price quote of $15,970 MSRP plus $550 delivery charge, total of $16,520. By the time they added in 6% state sales tax, dealer prep tag-on of $395, registration fee, etc. it came in a little over $18,000. I had to remind myself that I haven't bought a car in almost 11 years and paid more than that for my Honda Accord wagon. The Accord sedan on the show room floor had an MSRP of over $29,000 and the Civic nearly $23,000.

If you haven't already seen this (in my Google Alert from the Toronto Star):
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...d=970599119419

Old 03-28-2006, 08:14 AM
misc

My Fit Sport (AT) is on order officially and I got the price quote of $15,970 MSRP plus $550 delivery charge, total of $16,520.
I think my salesman is going to need a bit of help when my car comes in because when i tried to explain what i was agreeing too, i mentioned MSRP + destination charge, then he interjected and said "oh, the destination charge is included in the MSRP". I wasn't going to argue with him. He can charge me $550 less if he insists.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by azanon
I think my salesman is going to need a bit of help when my car comes in because when i tried to explain what i was agreeing too, i mentioned MSRP + destination charge, then he interjected and said "oh, the destination charge is included in the MSRP". I wasn't going to argue with him. He can charge me $550 less if he insists.

I bet once it comes time to write the check he will "remember". I had several Ford dealers suddenly remember a lot of costs once I agreed to their original price, then went in to finalize the deal.

Quick Reply: Build dates - tracking arrival in US