General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Lease Price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Fit Lease Price?

Is there any news on what the lease price for the Fit in Canada will be. I will ether be leasing a 06 Civic or a Fit. Does anybody know what is the lease price on the FIt?

Old 03-23-2006, 03:43 AM
i can assure you that there is no one way about this question

Old 03-23-2006, 08:33 AM
mav
Well I have no idea on a lease price in Canada but in the US, it will probably fall around the $250 range for a 48 month / 12,000 miles per year lease for a Fit Sport 5MT.

Last edited by mav; 03-23-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I would think it would be in about the same range, but corrected for Canadian currency...

Old 03-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Fit

I Just called them up and here are the lease price with $5000.00 Down payment and 48 months term:

LX Manual = $206/month + Taxes
LX Auto = $225/month + Taxes

Fit Sport Fully Loaded + whell - mounted Paddle Shifters = $270/month

Kevin L

Ps: Forgot to ask about the Mileage. I think around $24000/year

Old 03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Titans
I Just called them up and here are the lease price with $5000.00 Down payment and 48 months term:

LX Manual = $206/month + Taxes
LX Auto = $225/month + Taxes

Fit Sport Fully Loaded + whell - mounted Paddle Shifters = $270/month

Kevin L

Ps: Forgot to ask about the Mileage. I think around $24000/year
Hmmmm, if you are going to put $5000.00 down on a car, shouldn't you just buy it.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I would have to agree with if you are putting 5K down on the car you should just be purchasing it

Old 03-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Advice would be greatly appreciated

Bought my first used car in 1998 for $6000.
Never leased a car before and my old car burned out last Tuesday.
Currently tight on cash, and need a new car, Fit looks nice and it's by honda.

How much should I put down to make the monthly payment lighter?
It will cost me around $600/month ball park to finance it, can't affort it when I have a kid. Hate getting a used car cause I don't want to visit the mechanics every month.

Thanks

Old 03-24-2006, 12:51 PM
How much should I put down to make the monthly payment lighter? It will cost me around $600/month ball park to finance it, can't affort it when I have a kid. Hate getting a used car cause I don't want to visit the mechanics every month.
How did you come up with a $600/month figure??? Is this for purchasing or leasing? How many months did you take into consideration? What interest rate did you calculate this with?

Old 03-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by SBC31
How did you come up with a $600/month figure??? Is this for purchasing or leasing? How many months did you take into consideration? What interest rate did you calculate this with?
This is Canadian price.
-Purchasing.
-48 months
-3.9%

Thanks

Old 03-24-2006, 12:59 PM
They have some kind of fomula to use to calculate those figures.
I have to double check with them again

Old 03-24-2006, 01:12 PM
This is Canadian price.
-Purchasing.
-48 months
-3.9%
Thanks
I realize you meant CDN pricing by your profile. So now did Honda tell you the interest rate would be 3.9% on purchasing, that seems pretty darn low for a fresh new Honda. I think they have Civics at 6.95% right now. I also assume you based this on the Sport model with automatic and paddle-shifters?

If you want lower payments, leasing may be the best way to go, but of course you don't own the car after 48 months.

Loan calculator: http://www.canadiandriver.com/tools/loan.htm
Lease calculator: http://www.canadiandriver.com/tools/lease.htm

p.s. Keep us posted as to what you do, I have to get a car by the end of May given my lease is about to expire on my 2002 Civic SiR and I wan't something with 4/5 doors at a decent price (being a dad also).

Last edited by SBC31; 03-24-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:24 PM
First I want to apology to Patr 18 for High jacking his Thread.

I had a 4 drs Civic, tell you the true, it's pain in the a$$ try to fit the Baby Stroller in the trunk or the back seat. The Mains reason I want the Fit is because of my 3.5 yrs old kid, plenty of room to put his hockey gear and his little bike.

Hey SBC 31, thanks for the Lease/Loan Calculators.
I am heading to the Honda dealer to see my buddy's Dad (Saleman) to see what he can do to help me out. I will keep you all posted.

Kevin L

Old 03-24-2006, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Another Option

I just found about this yesterday, so am still phoning to see what advantage there is and what may be the catch.

It's TD Bank's Payment Advantage Auto Loan. Seems to be flexible in the
payment side, variable or fixed interest rate , prepayment, and you own the car.

TD Auto Option; https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/lending/paal.jsp

Check with your own bank, too.
And Titans, mind telling what province, rates differ.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by willmax11
I just found about this yesterday, so am still phoning to see what advantage there is and what may be the catch.

It's TD Bank's Payment Advantage Auto Loan. Seems to be flexible in the
payment side, variable or fixed interest rate , prepayment, and you own the car.

TD Auto Option; https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/lending/paal.jsp

Check with your own bank, too.
And Titans, mind telling what province, rates differ.
Toronto Ontario.
All Rates should be the same, CIBC, Bank of Montreal, TD etc they all willing to price match.

I will try to get more info tomorrow.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:16 PM
I went to see the salesman yesterday at the dealer that im getting my Fit from and I wasnt happy with what he told me. I will be buying it not leasing it but this is the scenario we talked about. I wanted to pay no more then $300/month for payments. The total price of the car out the door will be $17,200. I have to put down $1800 so my monthly payments will be $300. This is at a rate of 6.29% which is Honda's "Super Preferred" rate for buying only not leasing. So $300/month for financing $15,400($17,200-$1800), to me that is alot. I am going to look into a few car loans or a small home equity loan.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
From seeing the BS some coworkers had gone through by leasing from a company other than the dealer, I sure wouldn't do that again. Most dealers will take a leased car back with a reasonable amount of extra mileage or wear, in return for buying or leasing another car from them. 3rd party companies don't offer such an option.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
From seeing the BS some coworkers had gone through by leasing from a company other than the dealer, I sure wouldn't do that again. Most dealers will take a leased car back with a reasonable amount of extra mileage or wear, in return for buying or leasing another car from them. 3rd party companies don't offer such an option.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here? So your coworkers and yourself leased say a Honda but from a "leasing" company that is not Honda? What kind of BS did you all have to go through?

I also wonder how dealers are when you use the "walk away" option at the end of a lease. From what I hear, if you are not leasing or buying from that dealer again, they get more aggressive in charges for wear and tear.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
No, one coworker a Nissan Sentra, another a Mazda Protegé. Since the 3rd party wants to protect their investment, they aren't as likely to tolerate as much as the dealer, especially if you lease/purchase something else from them.

All depends on the model and dealer. Hondas are generally worth more than the buyout amount once the lease is up, so very few people will bring back a lease to Honda. Most will either trade it in or sell it and pocket the difference.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Sorry for getting off topic with this thread.

That said, perhaps those of you leasing a Fit can post the pricing they get once they get one. Perhaps put where you are from (US, Canada, other), what your monthly payments will be and for how long. What money you needed to put down to get the car. The interest rate, and the buyback price.

Here's a template:

Fit Model:
Interest Rate:
Money paid to get the car:
KM's or Miles aloud:
Buyout at end of lease:

Quick Reply: Fit Lease Price?