General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

You know you own a Fit when....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 03:31 PM
when you believe it's a luxury car that is fitting for VIP style.....lolz

Old 03-04-2009, 04:44 PM
When you have to wait for your turbo motor to explode before buying forged internals(sorry Josh)
When the water streaks from the door handles compliments the water streaks from the mirrors and the rear hatch ROFL

Old 03-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whyzor
...when you believe the Fit is not underpowered, just that most other cars are overpowered.
That's brilliant, whyzor!

---

...when you notice an entire family being tossed out of a car and wonder if they need a ride home.

And they did too. A younger guy, an older woman, two kids in child seats, and a dog. I don't speak Spanish at all, and their English was just enough to say that they bought the car off some guy, and the vehicle turns out to be stolen. And older car. Scam artists everywhere, taking advantage.

So, anyway, I asked if they had ride home yet, they didn't, and I offered to drive them home, even though I didn't know where "home" was. LOL!

---

...when you have dreams featuring YOUR car, and for some reason your DAD takes it and mods it for you.

---

...when you have another dream that features the word "Tanabe" and you have only seen that word on FitFreak and don't even know what they make.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
..... you friend's little sister thinks you car is cute.

..... your girlfriend thinks it's cute and she wants to drive it.

..... you think your car looks hella badass but then that moment of clarity kicks in..... my car is cute. Damnit!

Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
when you always have water streaks on your door from your door handles after washing the car
This is true.

Not only on the door handles either: I see them on the rear hatch, the rear license plate, the fuel filler door area (water pools easily there), the side mirrors...they tend to appear when you open and close the doors after you've washed the car.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Contrabida Face;596765..... you think your car looks hella badass but then that moment of clarity kicks in..... [i
my car is cute.[/i] Damnit!
That cracked me up!

Old 03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
.........when you fold your rear seats down and people think you gutted your car/took them out

ive gotten that a few times and they were from sales people hahaha

Old 03-05-2009, 12:16 PM
...when you go to "ECO FIT" forum on here and keep seeing the word "hypermiling" and you are to scared to post a thread asking what that means so you go to Wikipedia to find out what it means.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
When you can wait for the weather to warm up so you can detail your car.
When you take the tires once a month so you can clean the inside of the rim.
When you've taken your car to the car wash and the temperature was 4° F. (No kiddin'. The soap was freezing to the car and the rinse froze up almost as fast as I could wash it off. I got the salt spray off the car, though!)
When your wife says "You love that car more than me!" and you answer 'yeah... and?'.
When you take the tires off once a month so you can put tire dressing on the inside.
Brake dust? Who lets the car go that long between cleanings?
When you take someone somewhere and apologize about how dirty the car is... and you cleaned it two days ago.
When you're pissed that other countries get smaller, more fuel efficient engines.
When you've seriously considered building wheel skirts for better FE.
When you've pondered getting the 'stubby' antenna for better FE.
When you've thought about removing the windshield wipers for better FE.
When you are pissed that the Civic has 5-lug wheels. (me wants Civ-hybrid rims on me Fit!)
When you've pissed off Civic HYBRID owners by pointing out that your car is bigger inside, cost less, and oh, BTW, gets better fuel economy.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
When you're pissed that other countries get smaller, more fuel efficient engines.
But your L15As are much better at climbing hills with a full load compared to our L12As and L13A3s. I tried it once on my GD1 and it wasn't much fun.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
...whenever your other half wants to "have some fun."; you grab your keys and get prepare to hit some twistes.

...when you can park in cart returns at Home Depo or Lowe's.

...when you have a "Disk +" and "Disk -" on your headunit, but no CD changer in the car.

...when you have used refresh mode for a nap during a trip or school/work break.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
my thread owns. haha

Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
...when you install a performance exhaust and a V6 STILL sounds louder.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
when u gotta shift to 1st to go up inclines

Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 PM
When you can't find curb feelers in the parts catalogues.
When your local dealer wants to charge you $170.00 to connect a wire (Williamson Honda, lincoln NE) and then tell you you are not welcome in their dealership again because you complain.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
You know you own a Fit when
-people ask you about mileage.
-people ask how much HP it has.
-people ask what's your next mod.
-you have dirt on top of the rear bumper.
-you wanna take some clean pictures of your car.
-vtec doesnt make a difference lol!

Originally Posted by fittmann
You watch your image as you drive by a bank of store windows...even at the risk of rear ending the car in front of you!!
i always do this too. i look at the reflection of my car while im driving haha.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
...you look at a Cooper S and know that you can take it on a canyon run with a T1R turbo and a rear sway bar.

...you wait till the absolute last minute to go grocery shopping just to try to fill up the entire cargo area.

...you see a Cooper and feel like your in a SUV.

...you've thought about holding a small wrestling tournament in your car when all the seats are flat.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:49 PM
You know your in your Fit when your 10 year old grandaughter says I can drive this little thing grandpa.
You know you have a Fit when a speck of dust puts a chip in your bumber paint.
You know your driving a Fit when one headlight is aimed at the sky and the other one at the ground.
You know you have a Fit when your wife says the engine looks like her sewing machine. Ouch!

Old 03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
When you've pondered getting the 'stubby' antenna for better FE.
If you're going to wreck your reception, go all the way and get a shark fin. There's a guy selling them on eBay, already painted to match your car! OBTW please post here letting us know how it works.
When you've pissed off Civic HYBRID owners by pointing out that your car is bigger inside, cost less, and oh, BTW, gets better fuel economy.
LOL so true. I had a guy come up to me the other day to talk about the car, and he rattled on about getting 36 MPG in his '96 Toyota Celica on a road trip; then he said, "What do you get in this car, 30-35 MPG?" And I said "40 but then I don't try very hard; I know folks getting 45 to 50", and his face dropped. FTW.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 AM
...when your boss clowns you with *** jokes about your car and then shuts up when you tell him you are getting 36MPG without even trying.

Yeah...suck it Mr. BMW!

Quick Reply: You know you own a Fit when....