General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Would you get the hybrid fit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Would you get the hybrid fit?

I actually would. While a student in college I had my eyes on a hybrid. But now that I started working i didn't ahve enough money in pocke yet for one, which is why I was fascinated of the Fit. Unlike most ppl here, I plan on getting fit as a useful and fun vehicle to drive, not trick out. When the fit comes out, i'll still wait a few months, to see if there are more news for a hybrid fit. If a hybrid fit comes out next year, I'd actually wait.

Anyone here also would get one?

Old 03-18-2006, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
I like the idea of waiting but finacially it doen's make sense for me. I would have to figure something else out for now which I don't want to do. Also one major concern is that the Hybrids seem to only come in certain colors and packages. I do not want to trick it out, but want something that looks stylish. One nice thing about waiting is that there will probably a new generation within a few years. Of course this is all speculation currently.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:43 PM
No -

Old 03-18-2006, 09:37 PM
No, not unless the hybrid mileage was much much better than standard ice with comparable performance.

Old 03-18-2006, 11:32 PM
I would if the price is affordable. Global warming has had insane effects on our earth i.e. 50 years ago we didn't have 1/4 of the tornados and storms we have today. C02 emissions are definitely playing a huge role. I'd like to see my kids in a cleaner and healthier environment than the one we live in today *thumb up*

Old 03-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by diversity2
I would if the price is affordable. Global warming has had insane effects on our earth i.e. 50 years ago we didn't have 1/4 of the tornados and storms we have today. C02 emissions are definitely playing a huge role. I'd like to see my kids in a cleaner and healthier environment than the one we live in today *thumb up*
If you are that concerned about the environment, you should try public transit, riding your bike or carpooling. Hybrids still put a lot CO2 into the atmoshere and really don't make all that much difference.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by kjnangre
If you are that concerned about the environment, you should try public transit, riding your bike or carpooling. Hybrids still put a lot CO2 into the atmoshere and really don't make all that much difference.
But they dont' emit as much NOx or SOx. hydrocarbons (fuel) also burns more completely, so less is wasted into the air. CO2 willa lways increase whether we drive cars or have the industry or not for it has always increased.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Hybrids still put a lot CO2 into the atmoshere and really don't make all that much difference.
After taking an Environmental Bio class that discussed a lot about hybrids, I would like to see where you're getting your figures from.

I wouldn't mind taking public transit at all, but with school, work and a girlfriend that lives a hour away, it's really not an option.

I'm not that crazy about hybrids nor does my salary permit me to own one at this time, but I find the large masses of people who drive huge SUV's who have maybe 1 child is just ridiculous. Sure you're more safe in an SUV, but if more and more people drove smaller, more gas efficient vehicles, then coming in contact with someone else wouldn't be a big deal