General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda fit seats could be a problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Honda fit seats could be a problem

I was reading something someone wrote, I believe at edmunds, where a guy, 5'10" with 32" inseam got to sit in a Fit (at a carshow), and he said the seats weren't very adjustable. Apparently, the seat height cant be adjusted, and he also said the lock-in points either had his hands too far away or too close to the steering wheel.

I'm 5'11" with 33" inseam, and i have this problem with my wife's car. I cant get the seat to lock to a comfortable position. I'm glad its not mine!

This would be a deal killer for me, if i cant adjust the seat to where i'm comfortable. I really hope that doesn't happen with the fit and my body, but since the seats supposedly aren't very adjustable, its a real possibility.

You folks ordering one before even sitting in it are taking a real risk.

Azanon

Old 03-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I’m 6’1” with a 34” inseam. I was soo comfortable in the Fit at the Montreal Autoshow, I can’t wait to test drive one and see how the seats feel after sitting in them for a longer period of time.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:39 AM
I cant wait either. But like you say, i'm going to test drive it first then consider buying it.

Azanon

Old 03-08-2006, 12:43 PM
i had the same problem with the scion xb. when i was far enough so my legs were comfortable the steering wheel was to far. when i got close enough to the steering wheel to be comfortable my legs were too cramped.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:17 PM
I had a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT rental for a month. It had motorized pedals and telescopic steering wheel. I think some “vertically challenged” or “little people” designed it. I had the pedals as far back as possible, and I needed the telescopic steering pulled out to the maximum for the positioning to be acceptable. I wasn’t as comfortable as the seating position in any Honda/Acura I’ve driven.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:44 PM
No car should be bought without an extensive test-drive or sit-in. I sat in it at the CIAS and it seemed okay with my 6'2", 240lb, 40" waist. However, with all the excitement and ruckus with the crowd all around me and in the car.., I did not evaluate all the features.

I did not get a chance to feel for various seat adjustments whether it was in the lower leg, ass or lumbar. Damn I did not even check for telescopic or parascopic type steering wheel if there was any at all? I'll be driving it in MT so when it hits the dlrships I'll be sitting in every goddamn seat, laying in it and crawling in the trunk like I've been kidnapped.

I guess I was just checking my ingress/egress and if my head hit the damn ceiling. I was fine so far.

Last edited by CarDemon; 03-09-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by CarDemon
I'll be sitting in every goddamn seat, laying in it and crawling in the trunk like I've been kidnapped.
LOL .......

Old 03-08-2006, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
At the other end of the spectrum: I am 5'6" with a 30" inseam. I rented one for a weekend, drove the hell out of it, and felt perfectly comfortable the second I sat down. The car I drove had a tilt, but no telescope. Not that I am suggesting compromise, but I would offer any car that isn't your daily driver is going to feel odd the first time you sit in it. Give it some time. All the more reason for as lengthy a test-drive as the dealer will allow.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by azanon
I was reading something someone wrote, I believe at edmunds, where a guy, 5'10" with 32" inseam got to sit in a Fit (at a carshow), and he said the seats weren't very adjustable. Apparently, the seat height cant be adjusted, and he also said the lock-in points either had his hands too far away or too close to the steering wheel.

I'm 5'11" with 33" inseam, and i have this problem with my wife's car. I cant get the seat to lock to a comfortable position. I'm glad its not mine!

This would be a deal killer for me, if i cant adjust the seat to where i'm comfortable. I really hope that doesn't happen with the fit and my body, but since the seats supposedly aren't very adjustable, its a real possibility.

You folks ordering one before even sitting in it are taking a real risk.

Azanon
I never rode on the fit, but I read that post. I think he doesn't know what he's talkinga bout. What he described isn't even possible unless you have short arms relative to leg length. I also had the impression he is very stubborn on what "comfortable" is.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Gordio
I never rode on the fit, but I read that post. I think he doesn't know what he's talkinga bout. What he described isn't even possible unless you have short arms relative to leg length. I also had the impression he is very stubborn on what "comfortable" is.
Maybe he or she is the laid off executive who is used to the ACURA or LEXUS ride but now has to resort to a scaled down budget litterally. Damn humanoids; the must have some messed up arm to leg ratio as mentioned.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:00 PM
it all depends on every car with each indivdual person.

i'm 6'5" with a 32" waist and i sit in a Mazda Miata perfectly. it takes a little work to get in and out, but once i'm in it's fun to drive.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:24 AM
I fit comfortably in my Jazz/Fit back in Bangkok, and I'm 5' 10", 205 LB. As for the seat, it's pretty flexible as far as adjusting is concern. Mine also have the seat height adjustment as well. The guy at Edmunds should compare with the similar vehicle when he makes that comment. Obviously, I can't compare it to my CTS seat back in the states.