General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Toyota Yaris Review: Small is scary?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vividjazz
A new rider once asked me how did you know when a car is going to change lanes when it fails to signal. My reply "because when most car drivers turn their head they turn the wheel at the same time. They more often lack the co-ordination to do one without the other. They aren't trained to do head checks like riders." You have to drive and ride for the other road users and always assume the worst to stay alive.
Also a motorcyclist, also fully protected at all times. A more experienced rider once told me to ride as if everyone else is drunk. Since I have been in Thailand, I have added stupid to that. No offense to the collective Thai intellect, but they are some horrible drivers. I always expect them to do the dumbest thing at the most inopportune moment. Don't even get me started about the cabs and the Mercedes drivers...

Old 03-06-2006, 09:04 PM
You want to talk about feeling vulnerable in a small car on the road, how about a motorcycle. As a motorcycle rider I encounter more hair raising situations on my scoot in one month than the typical cager encounters in a whole year. With that said, I like the feel of a small car. It feels safer than having no sheetmetal around me and I like the quick handling of small cars. SUV's do have their place though. I will always have a full size SUV for the "Family" vehicle because it is convenient to haul around the family and other stuff, but our second vehicle doesn't have to be another bohemouth SUV. Nope I prefer my commuter car to be a small fuel efficient vehicle. So all you slow moving SUV driver's lethargicly meanderanding to and frow between the lines, chating on your blue tooth ear buds, drinking your starbucks coffee, listing to your God damn beetle albums...........Get out of my way cause your nothing but road cones to me!

Nissan GOD

Last edited by Nissan GOD; 03-06-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ginza Wagon
So far, the Aveo is the best-selling economy car in the U.S.
You're joking, right?

Old 03-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Exclamation

Go check it out on Edmunds.com - Chevy sold over 56K Aveo's making it the #1 selling sub compact in the NA market...

Old 03-07-2006, 02:09 PM
No I am not joking. Thanks for the number sold, Jonniedee.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Two words to describe the amount of Chevy Aveos sold: Fleet Sales!

Old 03-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by corey415
Two words to describe the amount of Chevy Aveos sold: Fleet Sales!
Another contributor was Chevy's Employee Discount sale last year. That sold a lot of Aveo's.

Old 03-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I got bullied this weekend!!!!!!!!

Well this thread was the first thing to came to my mind as I experienced being bullied by some dumb hick and his inbred friend driving a Dodge Ram pickup.

I was out with my fiance and I was driving her Honda Civic. As I was merging onto the highway, this Dodge Ram came flying up to not let me in. There was plenty of room and time for me to merge and absolutely no reason for this guy to fly up on my ass. However, as I got in to my lane, this redneck turd thought it would be funny to ride my ass.

I know for a fact, that this guy was trying to intimidate me with the size of his truck. To a less experienced driver, I would imagine that this would have had someone's heart pounding. I wanted to slam the brakes on this butthole...but figured since it's my fiances car, I would behave...so I just took my foot off the gas and started coasting till he decided to change lanes and go around me.

I have to say, that the experience in no way deters me from my decision to buy a subcompact car like the Fit. I know there are people out there that would be turned off, but it just made me laugh.

I say, let the ignorant / toothless hicks have their fun in their gas guzzling 11mpg pickups and SUV's. The subcompact crowd will have our fun at the pump!!!

Old 03-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
HEHEHE

I one pissed off a GMC 454SS pickup truck owner, and provoked him enough to constantly accelerate like a mad man. It didn’t take long I got to see him pull into a gas station. I laughed pretty hard.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Being intimidated by larger vehicles is horseshxt.

I'm only scared of someone in a larger car if I think that they have the cajones to actually hit me with it. Otherwise, let 'em try to intimidate me, what are they going to do?

I mean, my S14 is no more safe in a crash with a big SUV than a Fit would be. It might even be LESS safe, as it's low to the ground. The big danger is that the SUV or truck is just going to roll right over you, and that's probably more a danger in an S2k than it is in a Fit.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Newer small cars are safer than most vehicles made 10 years ago. Thanks to technology and stricter crash test requirements.