General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Stolen Wheels - Need Help!! Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Damn... wtf!?!?! This seems like a very common problem to our Fits.

Sorry to hear about your loss, and hope you find the crook.

Which part of NY are you from?

anyone try those McGard wheel locks?
Originally Posted by FitStir
That's a good idea, I wonder if the spinning outer ring would prevent thefts? Or atleast drastically deter thieves?

Here's a link but which size/style??? McGard Wheel Locking Lug Nuts - JEGS The McGard site McGard: Innovative Security Products only shows 07-08 fitment, is it the same for the 09's?

Here's two more links but they have less info (cant look up vehicle) McGard - Wheel Locks Parts | Page 1 & Safety & Security - McGard Wheel Locks and Lug Nuts

Old 07-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Angry This must be a record...

I've owned my 2009 Honda Fit for three days and woke up this morning to find it resting on milk crates, all four wheels gone.

I'm angry, not only for the obvious reasons, but that I heard nothing about this before. The dealership that is taking care of replacing the rims and tires has started including wheel locks in every Fit, as it should be. In my area (which isn't a terrible part of Chicago, but there's gang activity everywhere), 19 Fits have been towed THIS MONTH ALONE due to all tires being stolen. I'm supet my dealship didn't warn me of this and even to offer to SELL me wheellocks- I would've purchased them right away. Now they're giving them to me for free, but it's too little, too late. With my deductable, I'm responsible for $500 in "damages" not to mention the hassel of explaining to my insurance company that I'm not commiting fraud, but I just want new tires and rims like the ones purchased three days ago!

My worry is...I have an orange Fit. There's not where to hide it! The theives know where it is and they know I need new tires. So they come back in a few days to steal them. Or, if they don't want the hassle of breaking the locks, they damage my car.

I know it's a rough time nowadays, but so frustrating...

Old 07-14-2009, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Your insurance doesn't cover theft? !!!

Old 07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Not 100%, there's a deductable. I thought there always was. What insurance do you have?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
Sure there will be a deductible.... the amount depends on your insurance terms. You can pay more with lower deductibles etc...

Old 07-14-2009, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
I had the same thing happen to me on christmas eve morning, I walked out to go to work and my car was sitting on bricks in my freaking driveway! Called my ins. company and they had a hard time believing that someone would steal factory wheels from a car in the driveway, but it all worked out in the end and after about a two month wait they finally paid for everything after a 500 dollar deductable of course...

Old 07-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by KHoulihan
I've owned my 2009 Honda Fit for three days and woke up this morning to find it resting on milk crates, all four wheels gone.

I'm angry, not only for the obvious reasons, but that I heard nothing about this before. The dealership that is taking care of replacing the rims and tires has started including wheel locks in every Fit, as it should be. In my area (which isn't a terrible part of Chicago, but there's gang activity everywhere), 19 Fits have been towed THIS MONTH ALONE due to all tires being stolen. I'm supet my dealship didn't warn me of this and even to offer to SELL me wheellocks- I would've purchased them right away. Now they're giving them to me for free, but it's too little, too late. With my deductable, I'm responsible for $500 in "damages" not to mention the hassel of explaining to my insurance company that I'm not commiting fraud, but I just want new tires and rims like the ones purchased three days ago!

My worry is...I have an orange Fit. There's not where to hide it! The theives know where it is and they know I need new tires. So they come back in a few days to steal them. Or, if they don't want the hassle of breaking the locks, they damage my car.

I feel for you. I had the same issue as you (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-bad-luck.html). I got my car on Wed pm. Wheels stolen by Saturday am.

But it's a blessing in disguise. There was no permanent damage to my car (aside a small scratch on the console). The insurance company wrote me a check. I got Enkei RPF1s and General Altimax tires. Plus some pocket money after repairs. I am actually happy that they stole the stock rims.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by KHoulihan

can i ask what part of the chi?
this sounds like something that would go on in the southside. maybe the westside too? imho, 500 dollars would just cover the tires and not the wheels.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sorry to hear about this. my wife takes my GE to the city (watertower place area) every week but she only parks at those parking structures rented by businesses with valet so i have not had this happen to me.

i would just get some aftermarket wheels if it ever happened to the GE...and lower it like bakedcookie's ride... and the modding begins.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Why are honda fit wheels such a hot commodity? Why steal stock 4x100 rims?

Old 07-16-2009, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
because it fits a lot of older honda's.

also base owners typically want the sport wheels so they buy them from private sales, etc.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Its quite common because the sport wheels and lips look good on an EG

Old 07-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by lroy12
Why are honda fit wheels such a hot commodity? Why steal stock 4x100 rims?
Also there is a rumor that the GD3 sport wheels are the lightest 15" 4x100 honda rims. I don't know if that is true or not

Old 07-16-2009, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
yah, that makes sense for those running auto-x stock class, probably? (im not familiar with the rules). but during the week you dont see them running the fit wheels but on weekends maybe a different story.