General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

i cant believe what happened today..

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:40 PM
i cant believe what happened today..

About a few hours ago, my girlfriend and I were pulling into the mall, and to get to the parking garage you have to go arounda huge corner. i passed a car and didnt realize how fast i was going and hit a patch of black ice and some sand and felt the car spin. i tried to straighten it back out but it spun the other way and we slammed into a wooden wall on my gf's side. we both came walked away without a scratch....my Fit however..totalled. :[ i cant believe it. the whole front end was just gone. headlight and everything. both front air bags came out and passanger curtain airbags came down. we were both so shaken up. i didnt get a chance to snap a picture because i was just too upset about it haha. but im just glad we're both okay. thank God Honda knows how to build vehicles. i dont think i'll ever buy a car thats not a honda.

depending on how much damages are going to cost, im going to decide whether or not im going to buy a new car. but if i do its either going to be a civic or a ge8. im not really sure yet.

the sucky part about this is that i JUST started modding my car and i had so many plans for it. well, everything happens for a reason i guess.

thanks for reading.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Glad you're both all right. Too bad about the car. It sure is hard to see that ice, isn't it?

Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
shouldn't speed in a mall you are lucky no one got hurt including innocent bystanders . let that be a lesson number one , as for lesson number two good luck with your insurance and rate hikes . sorry but this really upsets me on how people feel sorry for something that should have been avoided altogether.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
totalled?? be honest and tell us how fast you were going

Old 12-14-2008, 10:07 PM
i honestly really dont know how fast i was going. this sucks :[

Old 12-14-2008, 10:28 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
bummer on the wrecked fit. glad everyone is alright. i see some moms posted already.
if they total it just get another gd3 since you already know how well they will do in an accident.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah I would say just get another gd3.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear that man what mall was it at? glad you and your GF are ok the car is replaceable GL car hunting!

Old 12-14-2008, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
damn, sorry to hear that. at least everyone was ok. yeah it just happens so fast, worst thing is that you always think about what you couldve done or couldve done different to avoid it, but its already too late. I got into an accident last year with my old car, couldve been avoided, i was talking on the phone. Thats why california has that law now. LOL.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:03 PM
i was thinking about it. theres a nice white one on the lot. its an m/t and it has 32K on it for like 15,400$ which is what i paid for mine with 24K on it. and my SSM was an a/t. im not sure what to do. its either that or a civic dx with NOTHING in it for 15K brand new. i was looking torwards scion tc's as well. idk. i have to wait and see waht the deal is with insurance and what not.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Firebat666
sorry to hear that man what mall was it at? glad you and your GF are ok the car is replaceable GL car hunting!
thanks man.

it was at the Trumbull mall.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned
Two words:

Winter tires.

If you have no idea of your speed, you are driving like an idiot, I suspect you (GF for sure) knows that, but still driving and not knowing your speed? Lucky to not have killed someone walking in the area.

On the other side, the mall owner needs to step up the de icing program, pedestrians can slip and fall, cars can collide. So the mall takes a bit of the blame as well.

Glad to hear no one was hurt, well other than your insurance rates and ego. Often an accident with no real injuries is simply a karmic warning of sorts, your next accident posting will be more severe, injuries, maybe a death or two. Get with the program and drive like a person who cares about others and not the self centred twit who we read about every day in the papers. Your "accident" was self made, this is not an accident but a path of bad decisions by someone who ought to know better.

Get me on a DWI topic, I am even less "understanding".

Last edited by kamakurakid; 12-15-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by silverbulletfit
i was thinking about it. theres a nice white one on the lot. its an m/t and it has 32K on it for like 15,400$ which is what i paid for mine with 24K on it. and my SSM was an a/t. im not sure what to do. its either that or a civic dx with NOTHING in it for 15K brand new. i was looking torwards scion tc's as well. idk. i have to wait and see waht the deal is with insurance and what not.
Hope you get everything straightened out. Hope you either get a GE8 or a Sction Tc. Tc's are moderately fast and get great mileage. But you can't carry stuff in it like you can in a Fit obviously.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
I have a story for you.

My ex-gf's brother and his girlfriend got killed in Michigan while walking on the sidewalk by an idiot like you who was driving too fast in the snow.

We don't know who you are, how old you are, how experienced of a driver you are, etc. But either way, you are not going to get any sympathy from people who have better sense than you do while driving on our streets

Old 12-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by concorde
I have a story for you.

My ex-gf's brother and his girlfriend got killed in Michigan while walking on the sidewalk by an idiot like you who was driving too fast in the snow.

We don't know who you are, how old you are, how experienced of a driver you are, etc. But either way, you are not going to get any sympathy from people who have better sense than you do while driving on our streets
i wasnt looking for any sympathy. im 20 years old. i made a mistake but calling me an idiot? come on man thats a little harsh. we ALL make mistakes. better i make them now rather then when im 40.

but for the record there was NO one around when it happened, no cars nothing. there was a car way behind us that saw it happen and called the police for us. i guess you can say we got lucky.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
in your defence.... black ice is dangerous at any speed...going slower would not nessisarily have saved you.. but in winter it is best to drive alot slower....

Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Banned
i wasnt looking for any sympathy. im 20 years old. i made a mistake but calling me an idiot? come on man thats a little harsh. we ALL make mistakes. better i make them now rather then when im 40.

but for the record there was NO one around when it happened, no cars nothing. there was a car way behind us that saw it happen and called the police for us. i guess you can say we got lucky.
Yeah better to injure or kill someone as a twenty year old, way better than at forty. Using age as a reason for stupidity or ignorance (hard to tell which) is no defence.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
Yeah better to injure or kill someone as a twenty year old, way better than at forty. Using age as a reason for stupidity or ignorance (hard to tell which) is no defence.
i wasnt using it as a defence, i was just saying. and im pretty sure i stated that there was NO ONE AROUND when it happened.

why are you all being such dickheads about this? i made a mistake and i owned up too it. i dont understand why everyone is giving me such an ass raping about this. i made a ****ing mistake.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
take it easy on him. he knows it was wrong, lucky for everyone nobody was around and nobody was seriously hurt. it could have been a lot worse, but thankfully it wasn't. it was an accident and he knows to be careful now.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned
i wasnt using it as a defence, i was just saying. and im pretty sure i stated that there was NO ONE AROUND when it happened.

why are you all being such dickheads about this? i made a mistake and i owned up too it. i dont understand why everyone is giving me such an ass raping about this. i made a ****ing mistake.
Your GF was, is she not important? Are you not important?

No one around? 11 days to Xmas, a shopping mall area and "no one around". Sounds logical.

We are not heads of any sort, dick or otherwise, and to insult us is not really making your case. Are we to feel sorry for you and your age 20 bliss? Why the original post? To say how safe the Honda Fit is? Thanks, we already know this, the government does this thing called a crash test and it is a good idea as the dummy driving (in this case) is well a dummy.

You were speeding, by your own admission an unknown speed, hit "black ice" and crashed into a wall. All in a public, pre-Xmas area known for non dummies walking about, kids, old people, you name it.

You want "understanding"? Get it from your GF's parents.

*I am washing my hands of this topic.

Quick Reply: i cant believe what happened today..