General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

i cant believe what happened today..

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by silverbulletfit
About a few hours ago, my girlfriend and I were pulling into the mall, and to get to the parking garage you have to go arounda huge corner. i passed a car and didnt realize how fast i was going and hit a patch of black ice and some sand and felt the car spin. i tried to straighten it back out but it spun the other way and we slammed into a wooden wall on my gf's side. we both came walked away without a scratch....my Fit however..totalled. :[ i cant believe it. the whole front end was just gone. headlight and everything. both front air bags came out and passanger curtain airbags came down. we were both so shaken up. i didnt get a chance to snap a picture because i was just too upset about it haha. but im just glad we're both okay. thank God Honda knows how to build vehicles. i dont think i'll ever buy a car thats not a honda.
i wasnt looking for any sympathy. im 20 years old. i made a mistake but calling me an idiot? come on man thats a little harsh. we ALL make mistakes. better i make them now rather then when im 40.

but for the record there was NO one around when it happened, no cars nothing. there was a car way behind us that saw it happen and called the police for us. i guess you can say we got lucky.
as already mentioned...what does age hav eto do anything? if you hurt or killed anyone else, you would have ot live with the guilt no matter what your age.

really? i thought there was a car that you were speeding around to pass?

i wasnt using it as a defence, i was just saying. and im pretty sure i stated that there was NO ONE AROUND when it happened.

why are you all being such dickheads about this? i made a mistake and i owned up too it. i dont understand why everyone is giving me such an ass raping about this. i made a ****ing mistake.
because you should be spending your money on driving lessons, not mods. youd be amazed at how much better your track times can get if you know how to drive, not to mention you will be a much safer driver on the road if you know your cars capabilites...obviously you do not.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Agreed. Although we all hope you learned from this, the sad thing is that you probably will NOT change your driving habits. People are people. Either you are a safe driver or you're not. It's as simple as that.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
as already mentioned...what does age hav eto do anything? if you hurt or killed anyone else, you would have ot live with the guilt no matter what your age.

really? i thought there was a car that you were speeding around to pass?

because you should be spending your money on driving lessons, not mods. youd be amazed at how much better your track times can get if you know how to drive, not to mention you will be a much safer driver on the road if you know your cars capabilites...obviously you do not.

i am actually a really good driver to be honest...but im pretty sure NO one can drive on black ice. so dont say i should be spending money on driving lessons. you go drive over black ice, then talk to me, or anyone else who has had an accident with black ice. whether you're going 15 or 40mph youre more than likely going to spin out and have an accident, or at least come close to it.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
Your GF was, is she not important? Are you not important?

No one around? 11 days to Xmas, a shopping mall area and "no one around". Sounds logical.

We are not heads of any sort, dick or otherwise, and to insult us is not really making your case. Are we to feel sorry for you and your age 20 bliss? Why the original post? To say how safe the Honda Fit is? Thanks, we already know this, the government does this thing called a crash test and it is a good idea as the dummy driving (in this case) is well a dummy.

You were speeding, by your own admission an unknown speed, hit "black ice" and crashed into a wall. All in a public, pre-Xmas area known for non dummies walking about, kids, old people, you name it.

You want "understanding"? Get it from your GF's parents.

*I am washing my hands of this topic.

you're right. i apologize for calling you a name, im just stressed and agitated from this whole situation.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
i am actually a really good driver to be honest...but im pretty sure NO one can drive on black ice. so dont say i should be spending money on driving lessons. you go drive over black ice, then talk to me, or anyone else who has had an accident with black ice. whether you're going 15 or 40mph youre more than likely going to spin out and have an accident, or at least come close to it.
im not going to argue, but you as a driver should know your surroundings. if you knew it was black ice or not, if the outside conditions make it posible for black ice, you should expect it ,therefor adjusting your driivng habits accordingly. but you were driving as if the wet roads from the night before and the cold temperatures make no difference.

dont get me wrong, ive gotten in accidents before as well, im not perfect. but i have learned....always drive a little slower than you think you should be if there is bad weather or traffic, you never know what might happen.
my fit had $7k worht of damage a couple months ago due to me driving like an idiot. never again.

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 12-15-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
im not going to argue, but you as a driver should know your surroundings. if you knew it was black ice or not, if the outside conditions make it posible for black ice, you should expect it ,therefor adjusting your driivng habits accordingly. but you were driving as if the wet roads from the night before and the cold temperatures make no difference.

:/ im aware of what i did was irresponsible. i should have been more careful. i am definitely going to learn from this.