General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Bluwave or other Hybrid Converter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Bluwave or other Hybrid Converter?

Hi all, I'm thinking about adding a hybrid conversion kit to my Fit, like the one offered at www.bluwavehybrid.com. Anyone had any experience with any of these kinds of aftermarket kits? Any praise or hurdles you rain into? Recommendations? Did you improve your Fit's mileage?

Thanks to all who reply. If this has been posted elsewhere, I didn't find it but please let me know which thread it is.
Peg

Old 12-13-2008, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
hell I thought you meant a real Hybrid with batteries and ele motor and regenerative braking.

to call this a hybrid is wrong and best.

If you want to use less fuel the best options are:
  1. Drive less
  2. Learn how to dive you Fit using methods that have proven to get as much as 150% of EPA combined ratings. Some have recorded over 70mpg for a entire tank. A few record over 60mpg on about ever tank.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:23 PM
I am sorry if the use of the word "hybrid" confused/offended/angered anyone, but that is the word many of these kit companies use to describe their products, which use the battery in the car to convert water to hydrogen and inject the hydrogen into the air intake. It was not my idea to use the word "hybrid".

Now, does anyone have any *experience* with these kinds of kits?

Old 12-13-2008, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pegasaur
I am sorry if the use of the word "hybrid" confused/offended/angered anyone, but that is the word many of these kit companies use to describe their products, which use the battery in the car to convert water to hydrogen and inject the hydrogen into the air intake. It was not my idea to use the word "hybrid".

it's a scam. There is no such thing as something for nothing. See, it uses electricity from your alternator to split water into hydrogen and oxygen, and then you burn the gas.

A perpetual motion machine? Doesn't exist.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
i agree that this is more than likely a scam. however, in theory the idea of increasing the efficiency of electrolysis through using a resonant frequency is solid. thousands of people make devices like this at home, that work some of the time, sometimes not. they're very finicky. even reputable scientists are working on this kind of tech at MIT, etc..

Old 12-15-2008, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
i agree that this is more than likely a scam. however, in theory the idea of increasing the efficiency of electrolysis through using a resonant frequency is solid. thousands of people make devices like this at home, that work some of the time, sometimes not. they're very finicky. even reputable scientists are working on this kind of tech at MIT, etc..
They do work. They all generate Hydrogen and oxygen. The point is that the "supposed process" as indicated by the manufacturer, violates the laws of physics. You can not get more energy out of it than you put in.

I do work with oxygen generators, so I have a bit of insight on this. I am not aware of any resonance work, however, it may be going on. Even with resonance in whatever form it may take, it cannot violate the laws of physics. Energy out cannot exceed Energy in.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
The idea behind the resonance devices I'm somewhat familiar with is based in some theoretical idea about resonance and quantum dynamics. So were it to work it would appear to violate the laws of physics but it's more like free energy ala wind/wave farms but on the quantum level. stealing energy that's already there. i'm not saying i know they can someday work, but the idea makes enough sense. you resonate water at the right frequency and that somehow helps to break the bonds without a lot of electricity.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
ok ...its like im at school...

Old 12-15-2008, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
The idea behind the resonance devices I'm somewhat familiar with is based in some theoretical idea about resonance and quantum dynamics. So were it to work it would appear to violate the laws of physics but it's more like free energy ala wind/wave farms but on the quantum level. stealing energy that's already there. i'm not saying i know they can someday work, but the idea makes enough sense. you resonate water at the right frequency and that somehow helps to break the bonds without a lot of electricity.
I see what you are saying. I will remain skeptical, but who knows, we're always learning. Maybe we can make something like this work.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
you use energy generated by your engine to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen. you inject the hydrogen and oxygen into the manifold and burn it in the cylinders. when you burn it, you get water back.
if you turn water into hydrogen and oxygen, and then just turn it right back into water again, you gain nothing. in fact, you lose energy in the process.
simple water injection would maybe get you something (with a new fuel map), you can run higher compression (or boost), the water expands into steam, etc. but it would take a lot of work, and other mods.
if you buy a tank of hydrogen and a tank of oxygen and inject those into the manifold, you would get something too (you'd probably blow yourself up.) but you would lose energy trying to make them out of water.
also, first post, hi im new, etc.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Hi all, I'm thinking about adding a hybrid conversion kit to my Fit, like the one offered at www.bluwavehybrid.com. Anyone had any experience with any of these kinds of aftermarket kits? Any praise or hurdles you rain into? Recommendations? Did you improve your Fit's mileage?

Thanks to all who reply. If this has been posted elsewhere, I didn't find it but please let me know which thread it is.
Peg

Actually there's tots of posts. Its junk science and doesn't work. The energy required to electrolyze hydogen and oxygen from water is a lot greater than the combustion energy to put them back together. One customer brought one in here and it took only one trip to indicate its failure.
Sounds a lot like a modern Fish carb story. As pld PT saiod, there's one born every minute.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Hydrogen

Just to clear a few things up about HHO which is what this is called. I have done some research on it and have actually built my own hydrogen generator. First you need to get a few facts correct about engines, gasoline, etc.
1. Gasoline engines are only about 35% efficient in other words usually only 35% of the fuel you put into the engine actually get burned and used as energy. The rest ends up as exhaust and a small portion of that is returned to the cylinders to be burned again (hence the re-breather feature) on most newer exhaust manifolds.
2. You are correct that you can't get something for nothing and it does take battery power to create hydrogen. however it takes much less power to create around 1LPM liter per min of hydrogen than it does to have your head lights on. The average amp draw on a properly completed hydrogen generator is around 20amps and your head lights draw on average 80amps.
3. Here's how it works. Hydrogen is created in a small chamber using stainless steel plates hooked up in a miltitude of ways but the best I have found is + - + - + - +. Remembering that the negative plates are the ones that actually create the hydrogen. Once the hydrogen has been created it must go through a water seperator (also very easy to make) and then through a back flash arrestor. You hook the hose into your car on the engine side of the air filter. As your car runs a small amount of hydrogen is pulled into the combustion chamber the same as gasoline.
4. Here's what it does for you. Since hydrogen is pure energy, when it mixes with the gasoline it makes the gasoline burn vastly more efficient somewhere in the area of 90% or higher. Which inturn makes for more power and better fuel economy. It also lowers your emissions to nearly zero since the gasoline is almost completely burned and the only emission from hydrogen is water.
5. There are some draw backs to the system but it depends on your personal prefrence. One, you will need to install an on/off switch for the generator inside the car. It's also best to have an amp gauge to see how much power you are drawing. Two, you will need to install a O2 sensor control. This is needed because once hydrogen is introduced and burned in your car the O2 sensor will pick up on the lowered emissions and think your car is running lean. It will then try to dump more fuel into the cylinders to compensate. This control actually overrides/controls the O2 sensor and keeps it from doing this.
I'm sure this reads like mud and I didn't hit all the things to know but if your actually interested in this try googling BROWNS GAS or HYDROGEN GENERATORS there is also a decent web site that makes the entire kit for sale, it's called WATER4GAS. Good luck

Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kibosh
Just to clear a few things up about HHO which is what this is called. I have done some research on it and have actually built my own hydrogen generator. First you need to get a few facts correct about engines, gasoline, etc.
1. Gasoline engines are only about 35% efficient in other words usually only 35% of the fuel you put into the engine actually get burned and used as energy. The rest ends up as exhaust and a small portion of that is returned to the cylinders to be burned again (hence the re-breather feature) on most newer exhaust manifolds.
2. You are correct that you can't get something for nothing and it does take battery power to create hydrogen. however it takes much less power to create around 1LPM liter per min of hydrogen than it does to have your head lights on. The average amp draw on a properly completed hydrogen generator is around 20amps and your head lights draw on average 80amps.
3. Here's how it works. Hydrogen is created in a small chamber using stainless steel plates hooked up in a miltitude of ways but the best I have found is + - + - + - +. Remembering that the negative plates are the ones that actually create the hydrogen. Once the hydrogen has been created it must go through a water seperator (also very easy to make) and then through a back flash arrestor. You hook the hose into your car on the engine side of the air filter. As your car runs a small amount of hydrogen is pulled into the combustion chamber the same as gasoline.
4. Here's what it does for you. Since hydrogen is pure energy, when it mixes with the gasoline it makes the gasoline burn vastly more efficient somewhere in the area of 90% or higher. Which inturn makes for more power and better fuel economy. It also lowers your emissions to nearly zero since the gasoline is almost completely burned and the only emission from hydrogen is water.
5. There are some draw backs to the system but it depends on your personal prefrence. One, you will need to install an on/off switch for the generator inside the car. It's also best to have an amp gauge to see how much power you are drawing. Two, you will need to install a O2 sensor control. This is needed because once hydrogen is introduced and burned in your car the O2 sensor will pick up on the lowered emissions and think your car is running lean. It will then try to dump more fuel into the cylinders to compensate. This control actually overrides/controls the O2 sensor and keeps it from doing this.
I'm sure this reads like mud and I didn't hit all the things to know but if your actually interested in this try googling BROWNS GAS or HYDROGEN GENERATORS there is also a decent web site that makes the entire kit for sale, it's called WATER4GAS. Good luck
A standard Levin cell at 250A generates only 4 cu ft (113 L) of Hydrogen per hour. Theoretically:
It takes 2 AHr to liberate a liter of hydrogen (0.09 grams, or 0.0002 lb. At 8 amps (100W @ 12vdc) it would take 15 minutes to generate one L of hydrogen. The heat of combustion of one liter of hydrogen (12 Btu) barely supplants the fuel energy (56,000 Btu at 30 mpg) required to move a 2000 lb vehicle for 15 minutes at 60 mph at 30 mpg (one-half gallon of gas to travel 15 miles)). A gallon of gas yields about 112,00 Btu of energy. And we didn't add the extra enrergy required to power a 100W cell for 15 minutes.

I'll have to actually see one running under load and examine it before I believe. So far no one has convinced the SAE either.
Do a public show and tell for the engineering folks..

Last edited by mahout; 12-30-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
I just saw a Mythbusters on Discovery Channel. Magnets, Hydrogen generators, and 300 MPG carburetors tested: All fraud.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Kibosh
1. 35% efficient does not mean that only 35% of the fuel gets burned, it means that only 35% of the energy released by the fuel ends up as kinetic energy at the wheels.
2.whatever amount of energy you use to break up the water, it is still more than you will get back by making water again.
3. well this is a technical description and doesn't look like bullshit to me. you pass.
4."hydrogen is pure energy"? really? really?
5. also, pass.
brown's gas is developed by perpetual motion nuts (they are out there) and you are guilty by association.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:46 PM
I contacted the Better Business Bureau in Cinncinati where Blu Wave is based. Here is their report:

"BBB Rating: Unsatisfactory
"This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.
"Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with BBB due to its failure to substantiate or modify advertising claims.
"When considering complaint information, please take into account the business's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

"BBB processed a total of 1 complaint(s) about this business in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 1 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months, 1 was closed in the last 12 months."

(The complaint was about delivery of a purchase, which the business fixed to the consumer's satisfaction.)

"BBB has no information regarding government actions at this time.
"In September 2008, BBB requested that the company provide documented evidence of the claimed results of advertised claims existent on its website. These claims read, "Improve your mileage by 30%," and "Reduce your emissions and boost your horsepower & torque." Despite responding in writing on a number of occasions, the company has not provided BBB with the requested materials. The claims in question continue to appear on the company's website.
"With the recent rise in gas prices, there has been an increase in the marketing and advertising of gas saving devices. Many of these gas saving devices claim savings ranging from 12-25%. The EPA has sample tested more than 100 of these devices finding none that significantly improve gas mileage. Be cautious of glowing testimonials by satisfied customers. Please remember there are many variables that affect fuel consumption, including traffic, road and weather conditions, and the car's condition. Be weary of devices that claim they are approved by the Federal government. There aren't any government agencies that endorse gas-saving products for cars. The most a product can claim is that it has been tested evaluated by the EPA. For a copy of the evaluation report you can visit U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

"As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business."

Old 02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Test was flawed

Originally Posted by Roger's Fit
I just saw a Mythbusters on Discovery Channel. Magnets, Hydrogen generators, and 300 MPG carburetors tested: All fraud.
But the Myth Buster test was using Hydrogen as a sole fuel source, not HHO with gas.. so it was a flawed test because that is not ow these systems are suppose to work per their websites. My experience admittedly is limited with these systems. I have seen one which appears to have figured it out or at least has made some advancement on the technology/idea. It's a company called Hydrogen Hybrid Fuel Corp, out of California. It's system for Semi - trucks was put through a test and it was captured on video.. hydbusa.com It looks pretty impressive.

Overall there are a lot of BS products.. Heard a lot about BluWave but have yet to see any indep installs, or proof that it works since first hearing about it this past August. The BBB report I see on this site doesn't make me feel any more comfortable with that companies products or its ability to stand behind it either but that should not keep one from investigating this promising technology..

Last edited by GreenMan; 02-05-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: puntucation
Old 02-05-2009, 07:54 PM
There is a YouTube video on the installation procedure here:

YouTube - Hydrogen On Demand Installation Video

Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 PM
There is a YouTube video on the installation procedure here:

YouTube - Hydrogen On Demand Installation Video

Thanks my friend.. a few inconsistency's in the video but nice to see how it is installed... here was that testimonial I was talking about..

HYDROGEN HYBRID - Video

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AebeSJOHeA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Thanks again...

Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Banned

it wasn't ur idea?
who put the gun to ur head?

Quick Reply: Bluwave or other Hybrid Converter?