General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Someone slashed my tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Someone slashed my tires

Rotten bastards! The day before Thanksgiving someone slashed the two rear tires on my 2008 Fit. I had to get out there before work and put the factory spare on, and then walk in the freezing cold to my Grandmother's house to get the spare out of my other car. After that, I had to carry the spare 4 blocks and jack my car back up and put it on the passenger side. Someone slashed tires on 8 cars in my apartment building. Some peopel had 3 or all 4 tires slashed. What sucks is that I needed to replace my front tires because they are bald on the inside and one has a bubble (I hit a pot hole and got the bubble on the front passenger side, and someone hit a curb backing out of the bay at the body shop which knocked me out of alignment making my front tires go bald on the inside). So I had to ride on to donuts for a few days and look like a moron. There goes the money I put aside for the alignment and two new tires up front.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
yikes sorry to hear
things always seem to go wrong when you're saving up for something

Old 12-04-2008, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear this... i hope the bastards get whats coming to them... its just not funny in any way to do something like this....

Old 12-04-2008, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
That just blows. When we lived in a Apt complex, a number of cars' tires had the air let out in one night. Turns out that one guy (let's call him John) came home drunk (not an unusual occurrence for him) and banged up the Bob's new Mustang with his primered POS pickup. Bob, seeing the torn up front fender covered in primer and the Mustang's paint on John's POS, called the cops. John, of course, didn't have insurance and answered the door drunk.

In retribution, John let the air out of Bob and his wife's tires. He then went around letting the air out of everyone else's tires so as to avoid suspicion. After spending the better part of the day ferrying people around to get tires aired up, four of us got together and John got his ass beat.

Hope you find the jerk.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yes! more Fitfreak vigilantes!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
There may be more deviousness at work here. A friend of a friend had a tire slashed then had the new one stolen once it was fixed. Someone just needed a new tire and found a mildly clever but illegal way to get it.Did anyone follow up by stealing some or all of the new tires?

Old 12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
There hasn't been any follow up vandalism that I know of. That was just the one night I happen to park in that row of cars, normally I park on a street on the other side of my building. I had parked there after work with plans to leave shortly, but started feeling sick and feel asleep and stayed there all night.

What sucked is that I had to roll for two days on TWO donuts, with 1 a little bit bigger (came out of my 1996 Prizm), and the ABS shut off and the brake light came on. Then when I bought my two replacement tires, since I was strapped for cash I had to buy two used tires. I need 4 new ones anyway, but didn't have the cash for even 1 new one yet. When they put them on the car, they filled them up to almost 40 PSI and I had to go let some out.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Damn frickin terrorists! You have my sympathy.

Try to think of Chevy Chase getting his 'Family Truckster' stripped right behind his back in East St Louis LOL
May there be a red Ferrari and a Christy Brinkly in your future to even up the score!

Old 12-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Hit me up. Maybe I can work something out on some new tires. Or if you're set on the OEM ones, mine only have 17k on them. Anyway, let me know. I own a shop.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
sorry about this man... my brothers GSR for broken into too broke his passegener side window and took his extra pair of HIDs =/

Old 12-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Edison Carasio
Rotten bastards! The day before Thanksgiving someone slashed the two rear tires on my 2008 Fit. I had to get out there before work and put the factory spare on, and then walk in the freezing cold to my Grandmother's house to get the spare out of my other car. After that, I had to carry the spare 4 blocks and jack my car back up and put it on the passenger side. Someone slashed tires on 8 cars in my apartment building. Some peopel had 3 or all 4 tires slashed. What sucks is that I needed to replace my front tires because they are bald on the inside and one has a bubble (I hit a pot hole and got the bubble on the front passenger side, and someone hit a curb backing out of the bay at the body shop which knocked me out of alignment making my front tires go bald on the inside). So I had to ride on to donuts for a few days and look like a moron. There goes the money I put aside for the alignment and two new tires up front.

This sucks, but just think of the feeling of vindication you will have when you eventually find out who did it, and burn their house down after poisoning their pets.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your tires and all the problems that some jerk made for you to endure. Hope that it is true what comes around goes around. Karma do your thing!

Cat :x

Old 12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Its just some bored punk kids. Some kids in my old neighborhood slashed 80+ tires along a 4 mile path, and they only hit cars with low profiles and nice wheels, slashing every tire on the vehicle. They got caught too. We had video surveillance installed on our driveway that covered parking for about 8 cars at the end of a culdesac. Also caught some kids that stole a golf cart and crashed it down some stairs. I REALLY wanna do it on my new house to, I personally caught 2 lil asshole beaner kids lighting a fire next to my accord and screamed at them.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
that sux, at least it wasnt all four tires, someone put nails in our driveway and my dad had to replace his tires two times because of the repeated incident...prolly some crazy crackhead like dave chappelle's tyrone bigsby, karma has its ways, so what comes around comes around...im sure those sh*theads will get theirs too one day

Old 12-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
In a recent issue of Honda Tuning they talked about running a baby monitor inside of your car with the speaker by your bedside. That really sounded like a great idea. I am considering putting one out in my garage just as a precaution. Sounds like a relatively easy thing to do and would alert you should anyone start messing around.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
our camera had a chime for the motion sensor. If someone walked through, it chimed. The only problem is it would chime for cats, raccoons, and if it was really windy. So we would leave the chime off but leave it on with the volume at 5 so you can hear stuff cuz the cameras have sound too

Old 12-06-2008, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
In a recent issue of Honda Tuning they talked about running a baby monitor inside of your car with the speaker by your bedside. That really sounded like a great idea. I am considering putting one out in my garage just as a precaution. Sounds like a relatively easy thing to do and would alert you should anyone start messing around.

I read that too and thought it was genius. I'm thinking about it myself, but dunno about the range since I have to park about 15 yards from my house.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:44 PM
All this talk makes me apprehensive about moving/living in the city. lol

Old 12-08-2008, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noxikon
All this talk makes me apprehensive about moving/living in the city. lol

Don't be too worried, crime happens everywhere. Especially if you drive something with an H on it (and I don't mean Hummer or Hyundai).