General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Dumbest thing seen in a car

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I have to admit I frequently read in the car, but ONLY when I'm stopped at a traffic light and NEVER when my car is moving!! When I'm stuck at a light I prop the book up on my steering wheel so I can see when the car in front of me starts moving and then I put the book down :-)

What really stresses me out is when somebody's tailgating me while talking on their cell phone and wildly gesturing at the same time.....

Old 12-05-2008, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
haha yep. but that shit is dangerous!!!
Have you ever seen the Steve Martin flick Parenthood?

Old 12-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by SeattleRain
What really stresses me out is when somebody's tailgating me while talking on their cell phone and wildly gesturing at the same time.....
I completely agree! I f'ing hate that.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:53 AM
when my uncle was coming to visit for thanksgiving, he had a dog in the car(on the passenger side), and it had diarrhea all over the shifter. (08 civic si 4dr). Luckily he was on the freeway and had time to wipe it off. but man, that would suck to put your hand on afterwards.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
Vine Grove, but I drive to Detroit three times a week. 45 foot long, big, slab-sided vehicle with a dog on the side. I'm the one in the left-hand lane, ignoring the idiot straddling the center line three feet off my back bumper.
That's quite a haul!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
other than my own stupid doings in past years (wont go there...) some moron in a POS CRX swerving infront of a Semi on the highway... i joke not he had INCHES clearence... had the semi hit him.... well would not have ben pretty...
I see that ALL THE TIME - people jump in front of semis on the highway and then put their brakes on! DUMB ASS do you have ANY idea how long it takes to stop one of those things??? Obviously not.

Then again, tailgating on the highway is endemic here - people hang right on your tailpipe and try to push you to go faster...really, REALLY dangerous and stupid. At 70 mph you wouldn't even have time to brake before impact.

I have seen many, many females putting on make-up while driving. Mascara is the worst. I had a friend who used to use an eyelash curler (looks like a torture device) while on the freeway.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
This may not be the dumbest, but it was strange. I saw a car next to me with a Cockatiel (bird with the funny feathers on it's head) perched on the passenger side door with the window closed. We were in stop and go traffic so i got a pretty good look at it. It was opening and closing its mouth and moving around a lot so I would thin it would be making noise. Seems annoying to me.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
what is ppls obsession with animals in the car... i mean if you gotta take ur pet some where, fine but really? free to climb all over you... thats so hazardous... should be a law against it....

Old 12-05-2008, 12:53 PM
When people tailgate me, I slow down to piss them off. Yeah, it's dangerous, but I it gives me peace of mind (if that even makes sense).

Old 12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha i do that to tailgater too.... the last one then tryed to crash into me, then he followed me.... i led him to the local police station.... when he saw i turned he took off... just as a cop was leaving.... burnout+cop=pulled over! i then walked inside to the dispatcher informed her of the situation and she notifyed the cop... needless to say that guy was screwed!

Old 12-05-2008, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
There was a guy i saw yesterday with an LG View cell phone had the little antenna out watching tv holding it up with one hand, and trying to drive with the other and not even watching the road

Old 12-05-2008, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
oh how i wish i was a cop some times.... TV while driving... are ppl really tht dumb... can we please make an IQ test part of the driving test?

Old 12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
HID Addict
you have no idea how bad i want to pull over people for thier mistakes. if i got a nickel for evey time i should pull somone over, and no not for stupid mistakes like inside light on while driving, but like cutting off n shit. a nickel for the last year, id prolly have 5K by now. wow... around here, theres alot of under cover cars, but idk if there traffic controlers, like they go to accident scenes and stuff like that, not sure about pulling people over for speeding. any one know what im talkin about?

Old 12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rubba Burna
you have no idea how bad i want to pull over people for thier mistakes. if i got a nickel for evey time i should pull somone over, and no not for stupid mistakes like inside light on while driving, but like cutting off n shit. a nickel for the last year, id prolly have 5K by now. wow... around here, theres alot of under cover cars, but idk if there traffic controlers, like they go to accident scenes and stuff like that, not sure about pulling people over for speeding. any one know what im talkin about?
Every once in a while you see justice. We were driving home from Christmas at my sisters a few years ago. It's a two lane undivided state highway. There was road construction for several miles and this guy was right on my bumper. I had the family so I did not "wave" at him. There are miles of "no passing zones", and no shoulder to pull over on for me. He saw an opening even though it was a no passing zone, sped up, threw gravel all over my car, whipped in front of me........just in time for the state trooper that was waiting around the curve to see the whole thing. The lights went on immediately.
And I yelled to him as I drove out of sight, "Merry Christmas to all a good night!

p.s. State Troopers are generally not in a good mood when they are working the holidays.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
what is ppls obsession with animals in the car... i mean if you gotta take ur pet some where, fine but really? free to climb all over you... thats so hazardous... should be a law against it....
It's really dangerous for the dog, too - just a hard brake will throw them into the windshield or dash, and kill them. Or if you had a crash, you could crush them between you and the steering wheel or the airbag can go off and kill them. They should ride in the back seat in a harness or a dog car seat. I have a 20 lb. dog (that should weigh 15 lbs.) and she needs a booster to see out the window, but I haven't found one I like yet. She wants to stand on the window sill but she slips off when I turn, and I don't want her to scratch the door.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cranky18
Every once in a while you see justice. We were driving home from Christmas at my sisters a few years ago. It's a two lane undivided state highway. There was road construction for several miles and this guy was right on my bumper. I had the family so I did not "wave" at him. There are miles of "no passing zones", and no shoulder to pull over on for me. He saw an opening even though it was a no passing zone, sped up, threw gravel all over my car, whipped in front of me........just in time for the state trooper that was waiting around the curve to see the whole thing. The lights went on immediately.
And I yelled to him as I drove out of sight, "Merry Christmas to all a good night!

p.s. State Troopers are generally not in a good mood when they are working the holidays.

That would have made me cheerful all during the season!!! Would have been chuckling to myself for weeks...Priceless. Just priceless....way better than using the one-finger salute. Let the law take care of it.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:25 PM
HID Addict
Originally Posted by Juliane

That would have made me cheerful all during the season!!! Would have been chuckling to myself for weeks...Priceless. Just priceless....way better than using the one-finger salute. Let the law take care of it.
heh, kinda makes yourself feel proud that you waited eh?

Originally Posted by Juliane
It's really dangerous for the dog, too - just a hard brake will throw them into the windshield or dash, and kill them. Or if you had a crash, you could crush them between you and the steering wheel or the airbag can go off and kill them. They should ride in the back seat in a harness or a dog car seat. I have a 20 lb. dog (that should weigh 15 lbs.) and she needs a booster to see out the window, but I haven't found one I like yet. She wants to stand on the window sill but she slips off when I turn, and I don't want her to scratch the door.
i let my dog sit in the cargo area with a thick carpet mat over it. [ i have a clear bottom-spiked mat that i used in the Pilot, into the fit, custom cut of course heh] in the summer i open the rear windows like half way. back then when he was in the back seat, he would climb out the window -.- and i use the carpet mat so he wont slide around, i guess his paws arent "paw"y heh or hes nervous n on his nails

Old 12-05-2008, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
i dont have an issue with pets in the car as long as they are not bothering the driver... my grandparents dont go anywhere with out their dog... but their dog is well behaved and stay out of the drivers way... also i have had to have my dog in the car who is not well behaved... simple solution bring some one with me to keep her undercontrol!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
On haloween I saw a guy driving down the HWY with a beer hat on and beer in both holders..

Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
He was keepin' Austin weird! (or keepin' himself wired...)

LOL

Quick Reply: Dumbest thing seen in a car