General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Who else has been on the receiving rend of small car hatred?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Who else has been on the receiving rend of small car hatred?

A first for me, the other day in my office parking lot, a guy in a Dodge Ram, obviously in a hurry, managed to OVERTAKE me in line to turn out. He was screaming "Get the Mickey Mouse piece of sh*t out of my way or I'm going to run it over!" I really had no choice but to let him around, otherwise risking an accident. Anyone that aggressive and angry, I wouldn't doubt is capable of some actual violence. This being Texas...
I know bicyclists take a lot of abuse from dudes in trucks, but now I'm seeing increasing resentment toward people in small cars. Anyone else experience this?

Old 12-01-2008, 01:11 PM
most definitely. Here in oklahoma its the same way. Everyone has to be have a huge truck to be cool.

I always said they had that big truck to compensate for something small...

Old 12-01-2008, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
up north we get it too... prolly not as bad you down south... but the assholes with giant trucks like to own the road.... obv compensating there.... oo well!

Old 12-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
my neighbor down the street let her dog poo infront of my car about
a week after buying the car last year.

im sure she will be foreclosing soon. lol

Old 12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Here in LA, same thing. It's uncanny to my how people in "bigger" cars respond to "small" cars - they think that they can push a small car out of the way or be more aggressive with a small car as opposed to say a giant SUV, just because it's small. They think the driver in a small car is small or innocuous. Duh. Shows their lack of neurons.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
It's just an inferiority complex on their part. They KNOW they're spending hundreds of $ per month on fuel, and we aren't.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Haha happens here too, but I dont let those idiots intimidate me. As long as my kids aren't in the car with me, i'll stand my ground. Had some moron try some crap with me the first few days I had the Fit, in order to show how tough he was he had to blow through a 4 way stop sign intersection and almost hit 2 people. Also ever notice how the largest trucks are driven by little pipsqueaks?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i just hate driving behind trucks and SUVs because seriously the majority of them seem to drive like douches, and i can't see anything around their fat@asses. thumbs down for road rage nincompoops.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
^ agreed. i can't stand how those idiots in the monster trucks and huge SUVs (even minivans) drive around like they own the world... but i'm pretty much a conservative driver anyway, and if some fool wants to intimidate in some fashion or form, i just grin and bear it and go on my merry way.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
As a bicyclist, and the rider of a 50cc scooter-Kymco People 50 (waiting for my Fit), this is a common occurrence with all vehicles large and small.

I've been passed on residential streets countless times from people who just seemingly can't stand having that little scooter in front of them, doesn't seem that speed is the issue, only size.

There seems to be something about having a bigger, faster vehicle gives people some power trip.

I write this also to keep the feelings expressed above in mind when you come upon a smaller vehicle than your fit. There is similar angst in that group for this issue. The fit is huge next to my scooter.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
i actually hate scooters, i ride "real" bikes and know what the law is, but these guys, im not saying you do; they dont even have a M1 license, this moron, tries to pass through the intersection, as im taking a right turn...i didnt even see him, b/c i let the ppl walking in the cross walk pass first, and he almost hits my car, so i tell the guy u shouldnt pass someone while theyre in the lane taking a right turn...and he starts complaining he has the right of way!?! so i ask him for his license, and he doesnt even have one...what a douche

Old 12-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't really see any rage coming from SUVs and trucks, but I get pretty nervous when a H2 or something is coming up fast behind me...

Old 12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
I love screwing with those pricks, I kind of wish I had more power though so I could screw with them more. They think just because they are bigger then me they can tailgate me and get me to back down. I was zipping along 10 over the speed limit on the Freeway and then this SUV comes flying up on to me. As he was coming up he had plenty of time and space to move over but instead he got right up on to my bumper. Doing that he lost his window to pass so he did the only thing he could, tailgate me some more. So with out hitting the brakes I slowly got down to the speed limit and boy did that piss him off, as soon as a spot opened he darted over then floored it passed me giving me this nasty look. I just smiled and waved then got back up to speed.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
most bicycle riders in my area disobey traffic signals and still
want the same respect of pedestrians and even worse, the
same respect as drivers. that is just wrong.

but anyway, going back to topic ive not felt inferior to suv
drivers. perhaps im just too quick.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
When I was a teenager, my friends and I noticed that behavior in pickup truck drivers. When they would cut us off or whatever, we always referred to it as being "trucked".
"Look out, little Honda, you're no match for my mighty TRUCK!"
Arseholes.
And of course Concorde is right. It doesn't help their attitude when they look at the money they're spending on fuel.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Had the same thing happen to me yesterday...lifted truck riding my bumper.At the next light he started with the mouth....I got out and kicked his door in....yup I have an anger problem

Old 12-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I got pretty darn close to that here last week.

Between the tailgating Saturn, the F150 that passed me on the shoulder (idiot! i was over the speed limit), the Wrangler that tried to turn my rear window into a vent (forcing me to turn onto a side road at 35mph, thank goodness for GD3 stability!), topped off with a Durango that literally tried to push me out of the car wash (who the heck does a burnout in an automatic car wash??? I got out of the way in time, barely).... I was pretty pissed.

Might have to put the Navy sticker into the back window again (I have family in the Navy). That cut down on a lot of it, but Marines tend to get agitated when they see I'm not in the armed forces for some reason.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
they have small penises. i'm pretty sure ANYTHING ticks them off.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm in the navy and don't want the sticker on my window lol ;P

What I enjoyed was pulling into a gas station, saw a Yukon on the other side of me, I get out and pump, $16 later I drive away and he's still standing there like "..." lol

Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 PM
After having driven my '09 Fit for a couple months, I concur with many of you that the a-holes in their steroidal vehicles jump at the chance to have their way with Honda's "clown car." I'm a big fan for messing with these people -- especially on the highway -- much to my wife's dismay. The Fit is so much more maneuverable than the beasts they are driving that I have "lost" few battles so far. Still, I must remember a basic concept like "road rage" and consider the ramifications. It'll take years to alter the Neanderthals' thinking that "bigger is better." This concept is so typically "American" that I can see why the Fit had to come from across the ocean....

Quick Reply: Who else has been on the receiving rend of small car hatred?