General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Who else has been on the receiving rend of small car hatred?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
Not quite! All 4th gen Camaros and Firebirds were manufactured in St Therese, Quebec. (Sorry, I don't know how to get the ` above the e in Therese.) That makes those cars Canadian. Matter of fact, almost 1 1/2 million cars were built in Canada last year and more than 1 million commercial vehicles.
Oops; I meant to put "foreign" in quotes; my point was that Canadians who say we should buy "domestic" cars really mean the American Big 3, forgetting that Honda and Toyota also build here, and that all Canadian car manufacturing is ultimately foreign-owned (whether it's US, Japan, Korea, etc). Some minor exceptions like the ZENN, don't yet count.

In the US, the "buy domestic" argument at least holds some water.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zukered
Oops; I meant to put "foreign" in quotes; my point was that Canadians who say we should buy "domestic" cars really mean the American Big 3, forgetting that Honda and Toyota also build here, and that all Canadian car manufacturing is ultimately foreign-owned (whether it's US, Japan, Korea, etc). Some minor exceptions like the ZENN, don't yet count.

In the US, the "buy domestic" argument at least holds some water.
Some...

I love getting into that argument with someone who doesn't 'get it' that most US cars are not actually built here in the US of US parts. What's really fun is when I hit them with facts about where some of the 'foreign' cars are built, like Toyotas and Subaru/Isuzus in Indiana, Porsches and (soon) Toyotas in Mississippi, and ALL 3 series BMWs in South Carolina.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Makes me glad that I drive quickly on the city streets. If I'm at the front of the line at a red light, I usually pull into the lead when it turns green, so I cannot be blamed for holding up some truck or SUV nut.

Most of the time, people can just go around instead of riding my rear.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by henryd1981
Makes me glad that I drive quickly on the city streets. If I'm at the front of the line at a red light, I usually pull into the lead when it turns green, so I cannot be blamed for holding up some truck or SUV nut.

Most of the time, people can just go around instead of riding my rear.
That was my 500th post!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
yeah those guys are assholes. i almost got hit by two trucks yesterday, they drive at 25 mph over the speed limit, i hate them.
I laugh at them or flip them off when i see them at gas stations, i wish gas would go up to 6 dollars a gallon for trucks and suv's, f*ck them!