General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Future of the FIT

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:40 PM
The Future of the FIT

My family loves our fit. We loved it so much we bought a second. But I, like many of you wished we had some more choices and options. I would have liked a choice of seat options, different trim levels, sun roof, etc.

I realize that this is at the moment sold as a "Budget" car. But i didn't buy it because of price alone. I saw value. Americans are buying smaller cars but do not necessary want to give up the luxuries of the larger cars.

This is evident in the forums we spend money to make the car different and better.

What do you think?
Will we see a FIT with more trim choices?
Will there be a FIT SI?
How about a lux fit?

Lets look into our crystal ball and dream about the 2010 or even the 2015 Honda FITs

Kelly

Old 11-27-2008, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
The only chance is if Honda takes the Civic up market with the next redesign. I could see a moonroof option, and maybe an Si version if the vehicle has some production in the US.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Stevens24
The only chance is if Honda takes the Civic up market with the next redesign. I could see a moonroof option, and maybe an Si version if the vehicle has some production in the US.
I think of the civic and the fit as two different segments- just like the accord and the civic were. separated by size. We bought the fit w nav which was more than a civic base and the same price as a civic s. We wanted the fit because of the size. I hope there is room for a fit si and a civic si or something like that.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
that would be cool, a fit with bit more go and a bit more style inside... already i would def. buy another Fit once i'm outta school and can afford it... and if there were an Si or comperable model i would def. go for that.... its a great little car and i could certainly see it being spruced up a bit

Old 11-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Id buy a Hybrid version. For a daily driver and not having a major freeway nearby...I could care less how long it takes to get to 60mph.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:03 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
look at the resale of the 90's generation civic hatchbacks. that should give you an idea on how the fit will do. it is still the best selling car in japan.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
It would be great if Honda did build a better Fit like an SI with more hp and upgrade the interior a bit. I am really proud that Honda has given the 2009 owners more Mugen options, definitely a step in the right direction.

A better Honda Fit:
1. More HP
2. Real carpet
3. Better seat coverings
4. Adjustable seats and more comfortable
5. Better sound systems and speakers
6. More agressive looking body kit
7. Make it more roar and less purr!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat :x

Old 12-01-2008, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
In Europe and other areas, more small cars have a ton of options and really arent looked at as econo boxes.
I think Honda has given america it's first real taste of a small car that is a jewel to drive and somewhat upscale with the Fit.
This I think will continue to improve as more and more people are realizing the value of smaller cars, plus Obama and company may legislate more small cars as part of the big 3 bail out. But I dont see the big 3 making a small car as refined and fun to drive as the Fit any time soon unfortunately
The other problem is coming from Japan, they will continue to limit the models to just a few.
Now making them in North America opens up a whole new ball game.
For me in the future, I think I may like a turbo diesel rather than a hibrid with all the new diesel technology thats coming out.

Last edited by Tork; 12-01-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Yeah, agreed... This could be offered in a variety of styles, options, etc.. as they are offered in other countries.

What I'd like to see is:

A luxury FIT (Acura Fit)
a sports FIT (Fit Si)
and a Hybrid Fit

Regardless, they still should offer all the options here that they do elsewhere, an article in the Times a few months ago said that Americans are buying smaller cars, but still willing to pay $$$$ for accessories, options. Just because we want a smaller economical car, doesn't mean we don't want leather seats, sunroof, etc....

The 1.4 ES Fit in the UK comes with a refrigerated top glove box!!! and a whole leap of other goodies, rain sensing wipers, etc, etc. Honda Jazz

Old 12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
if honda offers more choices, the price of the car will go up. why?
more parts to maintain, more options to offer in smaller quantity
that wats available.

i suggest you get a nicer car next time if you want the luxury.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
^ agreed. i'd have loved to have a sunroof, better appointments, stereo and maybe even leather, but that would push the price up to and over $20k. but, given my current personal economic state, i had to keep things on the cheap