General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Us Fit Is A Gas Guzzler!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
yeah, im a little brand loyal, maybe, but i agree with mav. the Type R's should have been coming here years ago, yes, although i disagree with the TL being FWD. and i do think it stinks that they got to keep the screamer s2k in japan when we got the "boring" (heh thats relative of course) 2.4 litre. AND i currently own a mitsubishi expo (hatch), and have owned a toyota (minivan). my mother and father own an element and a mitsubishi galant, and my brother owns a matrix of all things. my wife is the true honda owner, and her 98 accord got me into hondas in the first place. no im not the knower of all things honda, but i do have a high degree of respect for all thier cars (and trucks...my pops' element is amazing!). point is, im not claiming i know all things, but i do know some things. one of my good friends owns an echo with that damn center mounted thing. its stupid. the end. and the yaris is stupid looking. i think. and toyotas arent all they are cracked up to be. my families mitsu's have far outlasted the toyotas. hell, my expo is almost 16 years old.
anyhow, sorry to ramble, but i just wanted you and everyone else to know that most folks have owned more than hondas, and like hondas for a reason...because they are generally better cars than most other cars. thats why i said what i said. end.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by maxrtt
I'm getting about 12 km/liter or about 29 mpg average on my 1.5L i-DSI CVT Jazz in Thailand. The car is about 3 months old, and has about 4,000 km. I also have 17" rims on the vehicle, the stock 15" will get about 1 km/liter more. The mileage will most likely improve as time goes on. That is driving in Bangkok city traffic 75%, and 25% on the expressway (cruising avg. 110 km/hr or about 70 mph). Keep in mind that I'm heavy footed on the Jazz, as I drive a 3.6L CTS here in the U.S. I'm running 91 on the Jazz, as 91 is as low as it goes for gas there. Honda recently had a gas miser rally from Bangkok to the province (3 hours out), they kept it steady at 90 km/hr, no stop, and most Jazz were getting about 21-22 km/liter or about 51 mpg.
I got a Jazz V-tec 1.5 and I'm only getting around 9-10 kms / liter. I hope this improves as the car is only around a month old. I guess it all boils down to how your driving habits are. I have an HKS intake filter and Spoon exhaust muffler and 17s. It's very hard to keep your foot off the gas pedal. Honda should inform the public as to what is the average speed they used in making their claim to the Fit's fuel consumption. There is a local oil company advertisement here that boast of 1,114 kms to a full tank (around 40-45 liters) of gas on the Jazz! What they didn't tell us is that the speed they used was only from 40-60 kph on a 1.3 Jazz with manual transmission and with the aircon off!