General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Down graded Fit for Americans suck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006 | 11:30 AM
I've read several posts concerning the safety options the Fit comes with, and how great a bargain it is. EXcuse me but the Hyundai Accent comes standard with six airbags: Dual front airbags, front-seat mounted side-impact airbags, and roof mounted side-curtain airbags.
Um, the Hyundai Elentra flunked a recent side-impact crash test because even with its standard airbags, the structure didn't hold up. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the Accent is just as poorly designed. Yes, the Fit's mileage really ought to be better than Civic but Civic is a lot more streamlined but it's also bigger with less space as a result. Plus, mileage is not just based on weight and gearing - America has the strictest emmisions rules in the world and that cuts in to mileage too.

Old 04-28-2006 | 12:34 AM
If you get the sport cruise is standard. Go drive both then tell me Hyundai or yaris is even close.Not!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2006 | 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by bsgump
The safety options on the fit were few and didn't increase weight by that much at all. They are throwing in a 1.5 L engine and auto tranny to lower the mpg to 33 city and 38 highway miles per gallon. Which is a far cry to what the rest of the world is getting. A 1.3 L with a CVT7 tranny would be much better and would increase the mpg significantly. But Honda is scared that the new Fit will rip into the sales of the new Civic and Civic Hybrid. I can't believe I waited so long for this POS!!!! The original Fit over seas is way better. Honda just lost 5 car sales, as my friends and I are going else where like SCION! I'm sure some will still buy the Fit, while others will be disappointed by Honda and will switch to a different car brand like TOYOTA! Honda's idea of attracting young buyers to become loyal Honda customer is actually back firing as many people that I know are pissed off about the way Honda has configured the Fit. Honda might gain more customers than they lose, but they are also increasing the sales of Toyota & Scion where most of the disappointed Honda Loyalists are now turning to. No more Hondas for me!
Jesus the 1.3 isn't fast enough to get out of it's own way. You'll save 10 bucks a months in gas but you run the real risk that someone behind you shots you because your so slow.

Old 04-30-2006 | 12:28 AM
Something about this doesn't make sense - OP is disappointed with Fit's gas mileage, so he switches to the Scion whose mileage is equivalent? That's either one heck of a serious spite problem, or a complete inability to do math.

Old 04-30-2006 | 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
Wink

Originally Posted by plus_c
Something about this doesn't make sense - OP is disappointed with Fit's gas mileage, so he switches to the Scion whose mileage is equivalent? That's either one heck of a serious spite problem, or a complete inability to do math.
'
And to top it off the scion is slower and does not handle near as good.

Old 04-30-2006 | 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
OK! So I have skiped over pretty much everything everyone else has said on this forum post. I am buying the fit becuase it is a)practical with its magic seats b) becuase my test drive in a new civic sedan ex was dissapointing (love the engine) but cannot stand the new cab forward design (aka digital speedometer, wipers that are off of a diamler-chrysler(wtf...I dont care if they may seem more efficient...just wrong to me...unless it is one wiper like the ENZO),etc. etc. I will miss haing a moon/sun roof, but that is a small price to pay for a car that will be more practical and able to hold more stuff...as in more tall or long objects...The FiT is the atomobile that meets everyones' needs...but only the conscience will see it that way...If my FiT gwts only 37mpg on the highway...c)well it'll be worth the difference of having saving a thousand over a civic lx...funny how my civic ex in 1993 cost about the same as a new fit now...16HP less...who cares...safer for me (and my occupants) with all the airbags and stiffer structure when the GM/FORD SUV decides they deserve more by side swipping me on the highway with their gas hog...