General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How many Fit Freaks are cat person?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:51 PM
1 Tibetan Terrier and 1 rat (blue dumbo). I had three rats but two died from old age.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Six cats on our vet bill - another 3 foster cats New Page 1.

Plus 3 Chihuahuas.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
got another dog last weekend. so now im at, 4 cats(3 black, one brindle like coat with no tail), 2 dogs(an akita and an american bull dog), and 2 rats(both albino, white w/ red eyes) ;]

Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MissyFit
That's wat my Siberian Husky is saying right now looking at the Pix of the cats lol My Pomeranian will mob on cats... Sorry I'm a Dog person woof woof..
In my ex's house it's the cat that attacks the Siberian Husky! One swipe will send her (the poor dog) runny for cover. They are both gorgious creatures.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Here's ours. We've got 2, a brother and sister pair that were freebies with our house when we bought it last year. We found them in our back shed while we were doing some yardwork before we moved in. They were about 6wks old when we found them, and there were 4 in there originally, but one had already passed away, and of the 3 remaining the mom came back that night and took the biggest, leaving the two we have. The male was probably a few days from dying had we not found them, but they did well and were perfectly fine with some food and care w/i a few days or so. The male is named Momo, and the female is Twinkie. Twinkie has the extra toes on all her feet, but her brother is normal. They're the sweetest cats and never scratch, bite, or anything. They put up with our 2 yr old, and in general are totally trouble free. Here's a pic of Twinkie, her brother is pretty much a carbon copy:

We've also got this character around as well. His name's Lucky b/c he's a stray that showed up around January this year and he made it through the freezing winter w/o a scratch. He's still here even now, and basically is our outside cat. Not sure why, but he loves people and is super sweet. Never scratches, bites, or anything, just wants to be petted constantly. We got him all his shots and he's been in the house a bunch of times, but he's not fixed so he tends to wizz on things and is in general a bit of a stinky guy. He's outside even now, but I think we'll get him snipped and bring him in 'cause this winter seems a bunch colder than last year and I worry about him. Here's a shot of him too. He's stretching and looks squinty, but even when he's not stretching he still looks squinty, so it's kinda funny. He's not a beauty, but his heart's pure gold.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
What beautiful cats. You are rich indeed to have these 3 "kitchen tigers" as companions. Lucky looks like a wonderful boy, squinty eyes or not.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:02 AM
i'm more of a dog person, but i love cats too. i hope someday i own a cat. hehe

Old 12-02-2008, 02:20 AM
Wow, am I bummed.... my rat Mocha just died :-( I only had the little guy for 15 months because I adopted him and his brother from the Humane Society and they were already a bit older. Mocha had the best personality - I think he thought he was a dog. He'd come running out of his little house to greet me when I walked in the door, and then I'd take him out and he'd start licking my arm and hand like crazy because he was so happy!

I really want more rats but they don't live long enough (3 years if you're lucky)... Maybe I should get a cat cuz they live longer.

Last edited by SeattleRain; 12-02-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Very sad day... my beloved kitty cat just died - about half an hour ago, from a heart attack. the good thing is he didn't suffer long. but still it was traumatic for me to watch him struggle, then die, even just a minute long. I knew this was coming, but still too painful when it actually happened. I love him so much. I have applied for a special license plate in his name, although I haven't received it yet (takes 3 months so I have 2 more months to wait). At least my Fit will bear his name, and his spirit will live w/ me forever.

It's so sad... last night he was cuddling on my bed, right next to me, as sweet as an angel from heaven, as soft as a fluffy ball of silky cotton. I will always love him, and wish him well and happy in the other world.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
Very sad day... my beloved kitty cat just died - about half an hour ago, from a heart attack. the good thing is he didn't suffer long. but still it was traumatic for me to watch him struggle, then die, even just a minute long. I knew this was coming, but still too painful when it actually happened. I love him so much. I have applied for a special license plate in his name, although I haven't received it yet (takes 3 months so I have 2 more months to wait). At least my Fit will bear his name, and his spirit will live w/ me forever.

It's so sad... last night he was cuddling on my bed, right next to me, as sweet as an angel from heaven, as soft as a fluffy ball of silky cotton. I will always love him, and wish him well and happy in the other world.
So sorry to hear that you just lost your baby. I had to have Thomas put to sleep in September at the age of 19 he was my constant shadow when I was home. We did everything together and he was so sweet. I still miss him greatly and find myself in tears when I think about it too long. There is nothing harder than to say goodbye to our beloved pets. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for strength with each new day.

Cat :x

Old 12-11-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
I am so sorry for your loss. I remember every cat and dog I've ever lost and I hope to see them in Heaven. I'm sure you will feel sad but I hope you can remember all the good times and be comforted.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:02 PM

I'm really sorry about your loss :-( It's terribly sad and difficult when we lose our pets...... After losing my last pet I'm not sure I can get another one because it's so depressing. I agree with Julianne that I hope to see the pets I've lost when I get to Heaven! I buried Mocha (my pet rat that I loved dearly - and I know lots of people don't like rats...) with a lock of my hair tied in a white ribbon and tucked in his front foot because I wanted him to be buried with something from me. No matter what kind of pet we have - they become a part of our family! My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you!

Old 12-11-2008, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
My thoughts and prayers are with you too SeattleRain, and to all those who have lost their beloved pets. After all, the reason we miss our pets so much is because they gave us their unconditional love. Love is what draw us together. Doesn't matter if your pet is a cat or a rat. When it comes to love, there's no boundary.

At least he's got a good life - w/ lots of affection and attention and that's what counts the most.

Thanks to all of you who comforted me during this tough time. Your words means a lot to me.

Last edited by Surviver of the Fittest; 12-11-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:06 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you too SeattleRain, and to all those who have lost their beloved pets. After all, the reason we miss our pets so much is because they gave us their unconditional love. Love is what draw us together. Doesn't matter if your pet is a cat or a rat. When it comes to love, there's no boundary.

At least he's got a good life - w/ lots of affection and attention and that's what counts the most.

Thanks to all of you who comforted me during this tough time. Your words means a lot to me.
Thanks also for your kind words - that was really nice! I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that your cat knew how much he was loved! It's really awesome you're getting a license plate in his name :-)

Take care,
Julie

Old 12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SeattleRain
I'm really sorry about your loss :-( It's terribly sad and difficult when we lose our pets...... After losing my last pet I'm not sure I can get another one because it's so depressing. I agree with Julianne that I hope to see the pets I've lost when I get to Heaven! I buried Mocha (my pet rat that I loved dearly - and I know lots of people don't like rats...) with a lock of my hair tied in a white ribbon and tucked in his front foot because I wanted him to be buried with something from me. No matter what kind of pet we have - they become a part of our family! My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you!
+1 very sad and sweet rep for how you describe your rattie's little funeral (tears). Rats are very smart animals or they wouldn't be thriving so well in cities...I have heard they make good pets. Hey, they've got to be better than ferrets (shudder)! (((Hugs)))

Old 12-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
+1 very sad and sweet rep for how you describe your rattie's little funeral (tears). Rats are very smart animals or they wouldn't be thriving so well in cities...I have heard they make good pets. Hey, they've got to be better than ferrets (shudder)! (((Hugs)))
Thanks!! My cousin's ferret came up to me and bit me for no reason.... Rats are very smart and don't bite. I understand that many people don't like them but they really are very sweet (like in the movie "Ratatouille"). I love cats also and used to have two of them - maybe I'll get a kitty again since they live longer.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
I burried my cat today in the backyard. He was so sweet looking, just like he was sleeping. I wrapped him in a blanket and placed his favorate toys and brush on top of him. I couldn't help but crying out loud for a long time... Then some flower on top of the little body.... We found a piece of stone in the yard that looks perfect as the tomb stone. Now he's resting peacefully in eternity. I will never forget his sweet "smile". I think I actually feel worse today as the shock wears off and reality sinks in.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I burried my cat today in the backyard. He was so sweet looking, just like he was sleeping. I wrapped him in a blanket and placed his favorate toys and brush on top of him. I couldn't help but crying out loud for a long time... Then some flower on top of the little body.... We found a piece of stone in the yard that looks perfect as the tomb stone. Now he's resting peacefully in eternity. I will never forget his sweet "smile". I think I actually feel worse today as the shock wears off and reality sinks in.
I can totally understand - it's definitely going to take some time before you feel better. And sometimes you think you're feeling better and then something hits you and you start thinking about the little guy you lost and you cry all over again.... It's so nice that you made his burial very special with the things that he loved. Your precious kitty cat was really blessed to have you as his "parent"!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SeattleRain
Thanks!! My cousin's ferret came up to me and bit me for no reason.... Rats are very smart and don't bite. I understand that many people don't like them but they really are very sweet (like in the movie "Ratatouille"). I love cats also and used to have two of them - maybe I'll get a kitty again since they live longer.
Take a look at this clip, it's amazing...

YouTube - Dog, Cat, and Rat

How they can get along like this, is beyond me.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Awww...my heart goes out to you! You have me in tears too. Sweet little kitty cat...you must have loved him very much, and he of course knew that. There is a poem called "The Rainbow Bridge" about animals crossing over to the other side, I will try to find my copy and post it here. Maybe it will comfort you. It is hard losing a pet so dear...

Quick Reply: How many Fit Freaks are cat person?