General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How many Fit Freaks are cat person?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I've had cats my entire adult life, but my sons are allergic, so we have a dog right now. The son who is least allergic to cats wants a cat, but their grandfather is also allergic so we can't have a kitty right now.

I am loving all the photos! But it makes me want a kitty even more!

We lost our 20-year-old cat Ginger in 2000...gosh it's already 8 years....She finally got kidney failure and passed away here at home...

Old 10-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Maybe you cat lovers can help me out. My wife and I had a neighborhood cat adopt us when we lived one street over. The cat was friendly but very skinny, it always wanted to come into our condo. So we started feeding it and everyday it would come to our patio window to eat or beg for more food. So we moved to a house one street over but the kitty never followed. I tried to carry her but I got half way and she ran off. I think she is scared of the cats on our new street. I still see her on the patio of our old condo at times looking for food. She has a tag but if I think her original owners moved and left her in our neighborhood. Any suggestions?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TFB Designs
Maybe you cat lovers can help me out. My wife and I had a neighborhood cat adopt us when we lived one street over. The cat was friendly but very skinny, it always wanted to come into our condo. So we started feeding it and everyday it would come to our patio window to eat or beg for more food. So we moved to a house one street over but the kitty never followed. I tried to carry her but I got half way and she ran off. I think she is scared of the cats on our new street. I still see her on the patio of our old condo at times looking for food. She has a tag but if I think her original owners moved and left her in our neighborhood. Any suggestions?
My cat adopted me too. Cats are territorial and most cats don't like to be in a new place (my cat is the exception). If you really want to have her around, put her into a carrier and then carry her to your house, keep her in doors for a few days before letting her out. However, if she has a tag on then you should call the number on it to verify that the owner has indeed abandon the cat. Sometimes a cat spend a lot of time out doors, giving people the impresion that he/she is homeless. My cat still visits neighbors' homes daily, and will eat whatever people offer him.

If that cat absolutely won't adapt to your new home environment, you can always bring a bowl of food to her. If you do end up adopting her and bring her to your home, take her to the vet for shots and exam first. Make sure she doesn't have any worms, etc. A lot of homeless cats have worms and end up looking very skinny.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Never been a cat person. Probably never will. More of a dog person.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TFB Designs
Yes, go get the cat, put in in a carrier and keep in inside while you check on its tag. If owners cannot be located, keep the kitty indoors with a litter box, get it checked by the vet, feed it good-quality food, give it a soft place to sleep and it will probably decide your place is better than the street. It might have fleas and worms, so be sure to have the vet check for anemia from the fleas. Good luck. If you don't want a cat then don't take it to a kill shelter, take it to a no-kill shelter.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
I second that Juliane. ^^^

Old 10-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by kancerr
i currently have 4 cats. at the MOST i had 6 at one time, plus a medium sized dog, 3 rats, 2 birds. i have 4 cats now, 2 rats, and one medium sized dog ;]

animals are awesome, haha.
my ex has my fish tho *insert angry face*
Wow this sounds like my house.
5 cats, (strays ther we have taken in)
2.5 dogs. one is a puppy (Detroit city muts that we have taken in)
4 birds African Grey, Bare eyed cockatoo, cockatiel, and sun conure
70 & 50 gallon freshwater fish tanks. Cichlis=ds in one and just fish in the oter.

Fur everywhere, and usually a cat sleeping on my head.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
+1 for julianne

seeremlive....wow...that's a lot of animals. I love animals, but I don't think I could handle that many lol

Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by DrKelso
+1 for julianne

seeremlive....wow...that's a lot of animals. I love animals, but I don't think I could handle that many lol
It does get nuts. Sometimes you just want to have some quiet and nothing crawling over you. But then you can tell a dog anything and they listen like it is the most important thing in the world and they won't tell anyone. You can tell a cat anything as well, but they just reply with a "so what? scratch my belly!"

The birds are surprisingly lovey. My wife lays on the couch and the cockatoo will lay on my wifes chest. Little bird legs in the air and falls asleep.

The fish... We they just are fun to look at. I watch the cichlids construct hills out of the stone one mouthful at a time. The next day they suck the rocks up again and move them to the other side of the tank. Cichlids like to build.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
My Kitties

Here are my two, Coco and Blackie.
They are brother and sister believe it or not.
Coco is a POLYDACTYL, six toes on his large A__ front paws and big rear feet.
Blackie is afraid of her own shadow.
Both adopted on Nov 25, 2000 from a cat rescue.
Some old pics.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Total cat person

I've had one dog, but I've had cats since I was five years old:
Sharp Claws
Santa Claws
Blixon
Tiger (lived to be almost 21)
Bwian (kudos to you if you know the reference)
Pookie (lived to be 18)
Ashes
Bones (an adopted stray, cause he was skin and...)
Callie
Aramis (I gave away his siblings: Athos, Porthos, and D'Artagnian)
Gold Nugget and Silver Nugget (sisters, daughters of a wild cat)
Smokey (lived to be 17)
Musket
Freddie
Dorian (a grey cat, of course)

We currently have 2.5 cats:
Bandit, our inside cat
Hussy Kitty, a stray who adopted us and now climbs in my lap
Old Tom, a stray who comes around for food but still won't let us get near him (he's the .5)

--Barry

Old 10-17-2008, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
i have 2 cats.
Finnegan - Male, Tabby, 5 years old
Tilly - Female, Tabby/Tortoise, 1.5 years old

i'll post pics when i get home.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aliencowboy
Here are my two, Coco and Blackie.
They are brother and sister believe it or not.
Coco is a POLYDACTYL, six toes on his large A__ front paws and big rear feet.
Blackie is afraid of her own shadow.
Both adopted on Nov 25, 2000 from a cat rescue.
Some old pics.

Oh, mitten cats are my FAVORITES!!!! If I ever get another cat, I want it to be a mitten cat. I think they are the best-natured cats by far. And cuuuuute as all git-out!

My best cat was Mac (McAllister), an orange tabby with a white chest. He purred ALL THE TIME. I mean, ALL THE TIME, never stopped in the entire time I was his keeper...what a happy dude he was! Man, I loved that cat.

I had a grey and black tabby named Mischa - she looked just like the Kliban cats and was so sweet. She disappeared one day and we never found her...Had a long-haired tom named Cassidy (as in Hopalong Cassidy) who came to me when he was so young, he used to nurse on my earlobe. One time he got into a fight and I thought he'd lost his eye...I screamed for my daddy and dad told me the eye had just sunk back into the socket and would be fine...it was...He went to live with another family eventually...his own decision.

Then there was Mole, a solid grey cat with a placid disposition...I saw him being born, he was Cassidy's son. He looked like a mole with blind eyes, a big head...I had to leave him at home for a couple of months with daddy b/c my apartment wouldn't allow pets...when I came to get him Daddy had fed him so much he was FAT and got stuck under my car seat...took an hour to get him free. Daddy was a farm boy and didn't like cats in the house but he always said, "Old Mole is all right, he's a good cat." I told Daddy that overfeeding cats is not good for them! Mole also was lost. After I lost Mole, I never had another indoor/outdoor cat - and I never lost another cat. Well, Mac did go missing for an entire afternoon and evening but it turned out he was inside the apartment in a drawer the whole time.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member

her name is skittles.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  m_6982728ea0e0331f894085ed0cad2218.gif
Views: 31
Size:  962.7 KB
Japanese cat

Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
I have had a cat for years. My current is about 6 years old and weighs about 20 lbs, but he loves to play fetch.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Haha!/\ My big one likes to chase tennis balls.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Moose:

Bones:

Old 10-18-2008, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
i like some cats, but i would never own one.

my beagle ftw.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Cats = Allergies for me.

Quick Reply: How many Fit Freaks are cat person?