General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Tint Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Tint Warranty

So I dropped off my new Fit at an auto tint place this morning, and my wife picked it up and paid. I asked my wife if they provided the manufacturer's warranty info that they said was covered, and she only got a receipt, no warranty information.

I called and asked about the manu. warranty, they said that the receipt will serve as the warranty, but if we move away from the area to call back and they'll give other info.

Is this standard, or are they trying to screw with me? I have a feeling I will need to go back there and have a heart-to-heart with the manager

Old 10-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
im using the metalized tint on my FitS and it's a life-time warranty to the
original buyer. they said just keep the receipt.

btw, i hear folks mention that metalized tints degrade radar detector
perf... i haven't noticed it on my old 7500.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
At my tint shop all you need is the receipt because they offer a lifetime warranty. I had to go back once because the rear tint was falling off after 2 years and they just redid it for free. Also the receipt usually has the model and color of the car just so they can verify it and make sure your not trying to scam them.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the responses, after a few phone calls they were able to provide some more paperwork on top of the receipts. Next question...!...

Are these spots normal? The first 2 pics are of my wife's TSX, which we got done today as well, the rest are the Fit.

The TSX has some moisture/air pockets at the bottom of the rear window, it is kind of difficult to see though.

The below pic of the Fit makes it difficult to see the bubbles due to the glare, but I circled them.

The next few show bubbles at the bottom of 2 windows:

And this pic is just for fun

Will the spots/bubbles go away eventually? Are they normal? The ppl said to wait 45 days for everything to flatten out, but I'm still concerned.

Thanks again! (and a big thanks for Sid 6.7's Official Window Tint Thread - very helpful info)

Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
my experience is that those will NOT go away.
the place that tinted my last car went out of business. so much for that warrantee. but the place that did my fit was highly recommended, and they did an "okay" job on it. there are some pieces of sand under the tint, and its the metallic reflective tint.
it was about two weeks ago, no bubbles, just some dirt specks. kinda looks lame-o on on the small windows.

take the cars back, that is not right (in my opinion)

Old 10-15-2008, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
If they're small enough then they usually go away after a few days especially if it sits in the hot sun. I had a few small ones and it only took 2 full days where the sun was out for them to go away. I don't know about 45 days but if its not gone after a week or two then I would get it redone.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Check my sig for the best tint thread ever. It will answer all your questions.

As far as the bubbles and such, wait two weeks at the most. That should give the tint plenty of time to cure. If the problems are still there, request they redo the windows. If they are still there after two weeks, they will be there forever.

And the thin ones at the bottoms of the roll down windows are called fingers. They have to be layed down and heated to ensure they don't pop up again.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Just following up to my tint bubbles..... within 3-4 days of install every bubble and blemish disappeared. I was amazed that they settled in, but the tint looks great now.

Thanks again