General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Which floor mat is for you?
Carpet Floor Mats
27.50%
All-Season Floor Mats
72.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of floor mat do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 AM
I just clarified with my husband who is the one that actually contacted them. I mispoke when I said 6 months, he said 9 weeks.

He said he submitted a request online to find out if they sell the mats and he asked them to contact him. They never responded so he called about 2 weeks later to ask about the availability. The lady who answered was blunt (he took her as rude) and said they were 9 weeks out. That was last week.

I since ordered the OEM mats and trunk mat; they came in today. I'm very satisfied with them.

However, I don't have a lot of snow where I am... I picked these up to help guard the carpet from the dirt around here.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info! I think I can wait 9 weeks.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
Carpets will always look better but they are harder to keep clean.

I guess it just comes down to where you live and the weather you get. I'm in Vancouver Canada and it rains about 50% of the year so the rubber all season mats are the only ones I use.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by seeremlive
Just to throw another variable into this discussion, What about wearing dress shoes, as I do every day, in snowy states?

I have the carpeted mats ,and they hold the snow and ice melt and then dry out with the heater on the drive home. This pulls the moisture away from the right heel that is always in contact with the mat. I drive 75 Miles each way so I have plenty of time to dry the mat.

With the all weather mats are your heels always in a pool of sludge and salt water along with you pant leg? Or do the groves in the mat hold the water down below the contact area until it evaporates?
Depending on which all season mats you get they should always hold the water below the ridges in the mat. I usually give my feet a shake before I step in the car to get rid of excess snow.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I vote for all-season mats in the winter months and carpeted mats in the nicer months.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Oh, and the Weather Tech floor-liners (not the mats) are the best all-season "mats" I've ever used, but I don't think they are available for the 09' Fit yet.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:13 PM
all seasons. the carpet under my feet would just be irritating to me.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:00 AM
Do the OEM all-season mats smell?

Does anyone trying to buy universal mats from mass merchandise stores and try to trim them to fit?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:03 PM
CBX
They did have a rubber smell originally, but that diminished qiute a bit over just a week or two.

I am glad I selected the all-season mats to be included when I made the deal on my '09, but I may add the carpet mats, too. I think the carpet may seem more refined, when the weather is good.

I wish I had the all-season mats on my first trip to Mexico! Sand everywhere! And this, from an Arizonan!

I think the same anchors for the all-season mats should work for the carpet mats. I will let you know.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 AM
I didn't notice a smell with mine, it kind of all blends in with the new car smell.

I tried purchasing some from Costco that were supposed to be able to be cut down in all these different sizes. They didn't fit well. Some areas weren't wide enough and others too long. Also, the back mats were too small because of the magic seats (09)

Old 11-01-2008, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
I just received a set of the Weathertech floor liners and a cargo liner for my 2007 Fit that I just purchased used. Living in snow country, I've tried a good number of less expensive floor mats, but nothing I have seen compares to these. Those that want them for the 09's might want to wait.
Tom
(btw, no affiliation with Weathertech, etc.)

Old 11-08-2008, 01:34 PM
You can find pretty good deals on eBay for carpet or all season mats, including the trunk/cargo tray.
honda fit mats, eBay Motors, Floor Mats Carpets items on eBay.com

Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by john617
You can find pretty good deals on eBay for carpet or all season mats, including the trunk/cargo tray.
honda fit mats, eBay Motors, Floor Mats Carpets items on eBay.com
Just ordered mine from Ebay, I'm expecting to have it by Wednesday. I'm excited to get it installed.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
I'm running OEM carpet mats . . . out of a 200X Civic Si. Found em in at the salvage yard. Not sure the year, as all that remained was a portion of the front half of the fram and the floor pan. They were in good shape and set me back ten bucks. The rear fits perfect and goes all the way across, but I'm putting a hole where my heel is on the driver side.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
I have 3M Nomad mats. Not sure where they fit in. Best way to describe them is they're hard-wearing, non-absorbent carpet mats. I bought them mainly because I got sick of how the flimsy OEM mats refused to stay in place, and they were tough to clean.

The Nomads are a little heavier and thicker so they don't move around so much, and cleaning's just a matter of hanging them on a clothesline and running water on them. They feel good on my bare feet too, like stepping on grass.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Black01
Just ordered mine from Ebay, I'm expecting to have it by Wednesday. I'm excited to get it installed.
I received the A/S Floor Mats. Looks clean inside the Fit. The only thing is I thought they were gray in the picture? The mats that I received are black. Its okay though.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
Here's a photo of my 3M Nomad mats.

Name:  dc7bd154.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  25.2 KB

Name:  be00c240.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  119.3 KB

Old 03-20-2009, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
I love my weathertech floor liners!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:43 PM
I have the OEM carpet mats. I saw the all-weather ones in a display model and I couldn't stand them. They take away the looks of the car IMO. But "all-weather" doesn't really apply to me in Florida. Hot or rain, that is about it. If I had snow to contend with then you can bet I would get the all-weathers. But since I don't, no reason for it.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Snoodmaster
I love my weathertech floor liners!
I agree, the weathertech floor liners are the best. The Honda All-Weather mats are useless in snow country. The snow would melt and then pool and spill over the front left corner on mine. Weathertech solved that.
I also have lots of rocks, gravel and mud where I live. I was going to use them just in the winter but decided to leave them in year round.

I did peel the logo sticker off.

Quick Reply: What kind of floor mat do you prefer?