General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: How long before you allow food in your new Fit?
Right away. Does not bother me.
35.05%
Less than a month until new car smell wears off a little.
10.31%
Wait a month. At least the car is clean for the first 30 days.
13.40%
Never! Food is never allowed unless it is in a bag.
41.24%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

How long before you allow food inside your new Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:02 AM
i eat in the car all th time, it's not a ferrari

Old 09-10-2008, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by adam s
i eat in the car all th time, it's not a ferrari
Od as this sounds, if I had a Ferrari, I'd eat in it. Not very often, but would be funny to go through a drive thru and grab some fries.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:00 AM
No Food No Smoking

The fastest way to ruin a vehicle is to eat or smoke in it. The new car smell is one of the best features.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Yep Full Sail is where I'm looking to go! $45,000 for the year course lol but it'll be worth it. They don't teach FL though that's what I use, they teach Apple Logic Pro, which is way more advanced. I don't play any instrument really. I can play songs by ear on my keyboard lol I love trance and really any melodic electronic stuff. Reminds me I need to upgrade my Fits' speakers, but that's gonna wait til next year. Hey your son has a dream, try and help him realize it. Get him lessons or something. I wish I had gotten piano lessons as a kid like my sisters did but I thought it was *** at the time. I was more into punkrock guitar stuff lol

Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
food can be cleaned up easily. its just smoking i would never allow

i agree 100%. It also depends on the food. If it's something from burger king or something like that then it's not really a big deal. but smoking is a no no. some one should edit the poll and put something along the lines that it all depends on the situation

Old 09-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I'm gonna continue this on PM. Since we are just chatting back and forth now...

Old 09-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Yesterday after a concert, I was so DEAD from moshing and sweating and not eating all day, I had mcdonalds in my car. My friend ate a few double cheeseburgers and fries and I had a mcchicken and fries...while driving stick lol I would wait until I could cruise in 5th for a little stretch of road and pretty much shove the stuff in my mouth LOL

Old 09-11-2008, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
See, I'm a bad influence on you!! That's the way I eat McD's food - inhaled. I enjoy every bite, but I don't waste very many minutes. I stop with one sandwich, though. I know my limits. Hope it was a good concert!

Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah if I eat more than one sandwich, I feel like a porker. I'm wishy-washy, sometimes I say to myself I don't care if I get fat, but then other days I really notice it and get disgusted with myself lol my friends say I'm like a woman in that regard...and you're not a bad influence! It was so long since I had mickey deez and it tasted oh so damn good lol I might get some tonight actually haha. The concert was great, a bunch of hardcore metal bands. Going to another show tonight haha more food shall be eaten within the confines of my ride. Yes indeed.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 PM
You can't eat in the fit you have to hold you food out the window it won't fit in the car haha JK I didn't even reach 7 miles before I had a drink in the car It was super hot at the dealership and I wanted something to drink while waiting on them to do there final cleaning Eating and smoking are a NO NO but I drink in my car and I'm the only one that can

Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 PM
How long before you allow food inside your new Fit?
First day , its just a car and someday we'll be apart.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:37 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
i eat in the car and drive .. its not hard to put a drink in between my legs or some bbq sauce in the door sill and eat while driving i've eaten a pizza and breadsticks while driving.. and yea i shift and eat at the same time lol

Old 10-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by B1str0
i eat in the car and drive .. its not hard to put a drink in between my legs or some bbq sauce in the door sill and eat while driving i've eaten a pizza and breadsticks while driving.. and yea i shift and eat at the same time lol
I eat most of the time, mostly chips or burgers.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
the sad part is judging from the stuff we eat in our fits you would think we were all unhealthy fastfood eating fat people. LMAO

Old 10-08-2008, 05:38 PM
isn't it ironic, dontcha think?

Old 10-08-2008, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
The only fast food I eat currently is McDonald's Hot and Spicy Chicken sandwich. Well, yesterday I had to eat some pretzels to keep my blood sugar from crashing, but usually I don't eat in the car. Just that one silly food fetish. No one else can eat or drink in my car.

I did have some cookies in the car today after I donated platelets, but the blood center people made me! Actually they like you to stay a while but I just grab the cookies and juice and split. I don't give red blood cells so don't feel any different afterward.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
I bought my car for my dogs. I had them in it within hours of bringing it home... there is perpetual drool smears all over the back windows and on the back doors. It comes off easy enough with a toothbrush, if I cared enough to do it. The back of the car is for them. The front is for me, and I keep it pretty clean.

Considering that, yes I eat and drink in my car. Usually while parked at the Wendy's otw home after doggie class. If someone were to spill a drink in my car tho there'd be hell to pay.

On a side note, a friend of mine went to devour his burger in my 13 year old filthy dirty civic, and I turned and said, completely straight faced "oh, there's no eating in my car!"

Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
I smoke cigars and try to keep a fresh sprig of rosemary under a seat. Food - anything messy I don't eat while driving.
This weekend I put a 3 foot fire pit and a load of firewood, 3 - 5 gal. kegs of homebrew, my tent and sleeping gear and hung out at Oysterfest in Shelton. I pick up my floor mats and cargo tray later this week. I bought this car to use not preserve.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitsup
3 - 5 gal. kegs of homebrew
LMAO thats awesome

Old 10-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Fit4Pits
I bought my car for my dogs. I had them in it within hours of bringing it home... there is perpetual drool smears all over the back windows and on the back doors. It comes off easy enough with a toothbrush, if I cared enough to do it. The back of the car is for them. The front is for me, and I keep it pretty clean.

Considering that, yes I eat and drink in my car. Usually while parked at the Wendy's otw home after doggie class. If someone were to spill a drink in my car tho there'd be hell to pay.

On a side note, a friend of mine went to devour his burger in my 13 year old filthy dirty civic, and I turned and said, completely straight faced "oh, there's no eating in my car!"

You should look into this maybe:

http://collegehillshonda.com/honda_f...ccessories.htm

Last edited by trancedsailor; 10-09-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: How long before you allow food inside your new Fit?