General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: How long before you allow food in your new Fit?
Right away. Does not bother me.
35.05%
Less than a month until new car smell wears off a little.
10.31%
Wait a month. At least the car is clean for the first 30 days.
13.40%
Never! Food is never allowed unless it is in a bag.
41.24%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

How long before you allow food inside your new Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I still have to have sex in my Fit lol

And I'm happy I got a stickshift. With an automatic I'd be just like Juliane and I'd probably have ketchup stains and breadcrumbs and salt all over the place on a regular basis :/

Old 09-07-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
no food ate in my car at all, drinks with a twist on/off top can be used in the car by others. i will drink sodas with a seperate top in my car tho but i will not eat. i ate one time at the drive in movie theatre in my car...but it was just me there and i have confidence in myself, i got non messy food tho. hamburger with no cheese and no toppings or sauces, fries with no salt.

ive never ate in my car other than that one time in the year ive had it. if i grab an energry drink or a can of soda. i chug half of it before i start driving so it wont spill out the top.

i do let people smoke in my car...but they MUST use my ashtray, ash in it not out the window and when they are done put it in the ashtray.

been a year and so far no spills or stains. i did drop a mint in my car once and it is MIA under the passenger seat, lol. not the type that will melt tho so its no big deal.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
You're just pissed cause I don't happen to like black rims. I never spill a crumb because it takes me about 3 minutes to eat the whole dam sandwich. Yes, I'm an addict and I totally admit it. I wish they'd take the stupid thing off their dollar menu. I swear it's like a high - the diet coke gets me just flyin'.

I brought hot wings home in my car tonight...shouldn't have taken it - now it's gonna smell like buffalo wings tomorrow...

Old 09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
I actually have nothing to say...

Last edited by Juliane; 09-07-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:47 PM
lol Kancerr. You should unbolt the passenger seat and find that mint! lol.

Juliane, I see you're one of 'those' people. The type that gets large fries, 2 double cheeseburgers, and a diet coke. lol. I'm guilty of doing it myself sometimes, but I don't know why. It's one of those weird things where you feel like you're at least being a little bit healthy even when you're craving fa(s)t food ;/

Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 AM
keep it clean is all i ask. and if something gets stained or w/e, they will pay to get it cleaned. haha.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
You're just pissed cause I don't happen to like black rims. I never spill a crumb because it takes me about 3 minutes to eat the whole dam sandwich. Yes, I'm an addict and I totally admit it. I wish they'd take the stupid thing off their dollar menu. I swear it's like a high - the diet coke gets me just flyin'.

I brought hot wings home in my car tonight...shouldn't have taken it - now it's gonna smell like buffalo wings tomorrow...

Flying high like planes???

LMAO i ate pretty much right away cuz i don't have much choice. BUT one day at wendys i made the mistake of ordering a dr. pepper float. And that dummie at the window filled it up and when u make a float it expands now i guess maybe she didn't compensate for this because as SOON as it got in my car it basicaly exploded over the top and would not stop. SO i had spills on the steering wheel my pants and a huge stain on the drivers seat. and the outside of the door. I was SOOO PISSED. and now i've finally gotten the stain out of the seat. phew. It was right in the crotch are so everyone made fun of me. ANd i even went to a fit meet like that.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor

Juliane, I see you're one of 'those' people. The type that gets large fries, 2 double cheeseburgers, and a diet coke. lol. I'm guilty of doing it myself sometimes, but I don't know why. It's one of those weird things where you feel like you're at least being a little bit healthy even when you're craving fa(s)t food ;/
No, dude, I'm a total addict. I don't do fries any more b/c I was on Atkins for almost 2 years and broke that habit, but I got stuck on the hot n spicy thing and I do like diet coke every couple of days. I know it's not good for me but the h & s is a little treat I allow myself once a week. I'll get over it soon, and move on to the next stupid thing. If you see a BBP in the drive-through at McD's, just wave...

I used to laugh when people said fast food places put something in the food that causes you to crave it...but I totally believe it now...it's HFCS...high fructose corn syrup...

OT threadjack over...

Old 09-08-2008, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I've heard that taking out the passenger seat is a major pain. drivers side no prob but passenger is way hard

Old 09-09-2008, 05:05 AM
i will never allow food in my car..

Old 09-09-2008, 05:22 PM
yea high fructose corn syrup is addictive. In the past 5 months I can't seem to break the candy/soda/greasy food habit. I was doing wonderful for 6 months during my last deployment, and once I got back I gained around 20 pounds of fat from then til now. It really sucks and I can't get my fattening ass to the gym for some reason. Call it lack of motivation. Oh well. As long as I don't make the Fit a whole lot slower getting to the speed limit, I'll be fine lol

Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, so you are Navy??? God bless you for your service! Thanks!!

My hubby is addicted to candy...and I picked up this McD habit...It IS the HFCS, it's in everything, and when I was growing up, there weren't any fat kids or adults and we didn't have HFCS. There is a definite connection b/c HFCS interferes with leptin production so you are always hungry. You eat the food but you can still feel hungry because your body doesn't ever register that you are full.

If you are like me in the summer, I just don't have any energy. It's like reverse cabin fever b/c of the heat and humidity...When the cold fronts come down and take the humidity out, THEN I can get off my butt and walk the dog or exercise. In the meantime, try to cut out one thing at a time and drink a TON of water - that's the best advice I ever got for dieting.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
all this talk of high fructose corn syrup. eww.
watch the moves king corn

Old 09-09-2008, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
I am the Queen of Threadjacking! It's only slightly OT, since the original q was about eating food in your Fit. If anyone is going to eat food in his or her Fit, it should be high-quality food and not HFCS junk!

See what I did there?? I just got back on-topic. Do not attempt this at home without a net.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Haha you wanna talk about addiction to candy...I buy the big $2.50 bags of peanut butter m&ms and starbursts at least once a week, sometimes 2 bags of each per week!!! It's really ridiculous how much candy I consume. On top of pizza and fries and all the other delicious stuff, I'm really curious why I'm not as tubby as I should be. Maybe it's all mental lol. I want to lose the gut though, but it's as hard as quitting cigarettes, another habit of mine. About a pack a day. I'm so unhealthy ;/ it's weird that I saw a commercial yesterday about HFCS and how it's actually good for you LOL it was from corn growers of america or something. Damn chemicals and all the new-age genetic engineering or whatever that makes food bigger unnaturally. Forgot what that process is called...the world needs to go back to Oregon Trail days. Hunt for your own food lol. Sorry for bringing this back off topic!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah the corn growers are hitting back at the research that's saying HFCS is bad for you. I guess people are paying attention and trying to eat less of it, and there goes more profit. Can't we grow anything except corn and soy???

Too bad we can't grow petroleum plants!

You really should quit the smokes, though. That's worse than candy. And expensive too. But you've probably had a lot of stress...did I say thank you???

Old 09-09-2008, 09:18 PM
yes you did say thank you lol I'm sorry I am lacking in manners recently. I dunno if I should say thank you or you're welcome, I'm actually confused now lol. The navy is probably the big stressor, but I'll probably still do the candy/cig thing after it's finally over. Besides, $3 a pack is nothing compared to $7 back home in NJ!! And by the by, soy is badass for you. My mom swears by the stuff. She's a vegetarian lol

Old 09-09-2008, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
You don't have to say nuthin... I just always say thank you to military people...for keeping my sorry arse safe...Wow, cigs are $7 a pack in NJ?? That must be taxes. That would be a good incentive to quit. Bless your heart! I hope you stay safe for however long you have left. What will you do when you get out?

Old 09-10-2008, 07:35 AM
You don't have to thank me really lol I get out next April and I'm taking summer off to be with my family that I've barely seen in 4 years. Then I'll drive back down (perfect picture-taking opportunities with the Fit up/down the east coast!) and go to school in Orlando for music production. The navy probably cut a good 10 years off my life with the unnecessary stress! Hah we got pretty damn far away from the topic here. Hm, I haven't eaten in my Fit ever. I've carried food in bags/boxes though. I drink bottles of water/soda/juice on almost every drive. Ah, there. Back on topic once again lol

Old 09-10-2008, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
My local health food store owner (who doesn't eat in his car at all) has a son who is doing a degree in music production in FL...at Full Sail University. What do you play? My 14-year-old son wants to be the next guitar god...uh-huh, kiddo...

So far, no one else has eaten a crumb of anything in my car.

Quick Reply: How long before you allow food inside your new Fit?