General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How many Fits did YOU see today??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitxDOLL
i rarely see any around my area... i didnt see any today
Hey, what part of Houston are you in? I don't see that many and I'm on the west side, but I also don't drive in rush hour traffic a whole lot. What do you have so I can wave if I see you?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:51 PM
i see about 3 around my house and when i go to school (college of dupage) i see ALOT about 5-7 a day.......

Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
ROFL, yeah, same here, I had a nasty dirty BBP follow me around too! I didn't want to wash it today b/c they were saying we'd get more rain, but then it never did. So tomorrow, I have to clean real dirt and not just pollen dust.
When was the last time the weather forecast has been right down here? I usually wash the VBP at least once a week during school but I have to go to the fair grounds and it'll pick up a ton of dirt, on top of that I've been sick with splitting headaches. But thats not holding back from washing it Saturday afternoon.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Spotted two, both of which were BOM within 2 minutes of each other. The 2nd one was stock, but the first however looked it got abandoned in Mexico (no offense to anyone). The sides were covered in chrome. The window trim, the between the front and rear door windows, and on the side skirt; and to top it all off the rims were still stock.
Oh no. That sounds positively hideous! My goodness. All that chrome!!!??? WTF???

Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Very crudy pictures of the BOM.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Too small! I can't see it at all - were you hiding behind the pole and trying not to look as if you were taking photos??

Old 10-16-2008, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
I figured that. I had my phone on multi-shot mode and it made the photos that size. The pole just "magically" appeared in front of me during the shoot.

The only thing in the pictures that are really visible is the outrageous chrome strip on the side skirt.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:47 PM
see too many....i give up on the sighting thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Seen 4 today, all of which were sports. 2 SSMs and 2 MR.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
i saw my first BOM today.. i loved that color on the dc5 and i love it on the gd3.. it was amazing.

i also saw my first base gd3, not a very big fan. it looked like a completely different car.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, I saw a BOM Sport today too...only they had crapped it up with bumper stickers all over the rear end. I'm telling you, the quickest way to ruin any car is to put a freaking bumper sticker on it! There ought to be a better way to tell people how you feel than sticking some low-rent sticker that never pulls off after the election....how stupid do you feel driving a "W '08" sticker around now???

Also saw a NHBP Sport, it was almost as dirty as mine. Didn't see the driver well, but there was a sticker on the rear window that looked like a university sticker.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Well, today I finally seen a Fit with aftermarket rims. They were on a TWB base and looked to be some Enkei's.

2 NHBP Sports, 1 TWB Base, 1 MR Sport, & 1 BOM. Making my total Fit spotting for today 5.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
You are seeing the most Fits of anyone, I think!

I saw a TWB yesterday, and an SSM today. At my kids' school, one of the teachers asked me how I like my Fit, because he's thinking of getting one and I told him I love it, and had he seen my plates? He said, No, he hadn't so I closed the hatch and he read the plate and said...

"ohhhhhh...." like "Oh, I get it now."

Old 10-22-2008, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
I guess so. LOL I believe those are pretty much almost locals in a nearby town. I know of 2 BOMs, 2 SSMs, 2 MRs, and 1 VBP in Angleton alone. Out here in Rosho, theres only two. My VBP and someone else's NHBP sport.

Have you heard that Texas may be doing 7 character plates either the end of this year or '09?

Old 10-22-2008, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
After not seeing a single 09 Fit on the road, I saw two today on my commute home, a silver and a tidewater one.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
I guess so. LOL I believe those are pretty much almost locals in a nearby town. I know of 2 BOMs, 2 SSMs, 2 MRs, and 1 VBP in Angleton alone. Out here in Rosho, theres only two. My VBP and someone else's NHBP sport.

Have you heard that Texas may be doing 7 character plates either the end of this year or '09?
Naw, really???? I wonder if I can re-do my plates then? I don't know what one character would do but it's worth thinking about....

One thing I don't like is that the spacing is weird - since FIT has so much empty space, it looks much larger than the FRK part, which looks all scrunched together. Nothing to be done about it, but it bugs my visual sense.

So Angleton is packed full of Fits! Amazing, I wouldn't have thought so.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Naw, really???? I wonder if I can re-do my plates then? I don't know what one character would do but it's worth thinking about....

One thing I don't like is that the spacing is weird - since FIT has so much empty space, it looks much larger than the FRK part, which looks all scrunched together. Nothing to be done about it, but it bugs my visual sense.
Yep, its going to be done in Jan of '09. Here are two links supporting that...

Texas License Plates

Standard License Plate

As for your plates, I see what your talking about. If only the "R" and "K" weren't so close, the space would look even and both sides.

So Angleton is packed full of Fits! Amazing, I wouldn't have thought so.
Surprisingly yes, mostly people in their mid 20's to late 60's. Except for some nut driving in a VBP.

I remember seeing a lady in a SSM sport all the time last year during school, but I haven't seen her around recently. Also, right before the Rosharon/Alvin exit on 288 at RPM inc (or something like that) there is almost always a '07 TW base parked in the lot.

Last edited by Hootie; 10-22-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Saw 4 at the dealership I pass by.

One VBP GD3 tailgating me. Some douche.

One BOM GE8 Sport. Old man with family.

One GD3 and a GE8 leaving the parking lot at night about half a mile away. (Apparently, I have an uncanny "Fit Sense")

Old 10-23-2008, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
I saw a TWB base this morning, and not 5 minutes later, a VBP Sport. Then, 3 hours later, a MR Sport. Finally, the piece de resistance, a brand-new TW Sport with the stickers still on it! (It may have been being test-driven.)

I didn't get a long look at the TW but it looked like a mini-van. I still think they are like 2 different cars now, the GD3 and the GE8.

Later in the day, son and I saw an SSM, and we THINK we saw a BSP '09, but it got away before we could turn around and chase it.

So that was 6 total if you count the one we were pretty sure was an '09. Insane!

Last edited by Juliane; 10-24-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
As for your plates, I see what your talking about. If only the "R" and "K" weren't so close, the space would look even and both sides.
It's actually an illusion - the space is exactly the same on all the letters. It's just that the shape of the letters "F" "I" and "T" leave so much more white space around them that it seems as if they are farther apart. Whereas the "R" and "K" do not have that open space inside them....

When doing lettering or artwork with lettering, you have to scrunch certain letters closer together so they look as if they are properly spaced, when in reality if you spaced all the letters the same, the piece would look stupid. You don't see the problem until you try it yourself.

Quick Reply: How many Fits did YOU see today??