General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How many Fits did YOU see today??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Me too! I fell in love with the car the first time I drove it, and it wasn't just the promised 32 mpg (which I am NOT getting anywhere near) and cheap price. When I finally saw the BBP here on this forum, I knew I'd found my car.

And when I need to find other people who share my taste in whatever, I go to the 'net. Sure enough, I found this forum with tons of people who also love their Fits!

But so far, no one has waved at me, nor honked, nor thumbs-up or anything. They just look like they have somewhere to get, and are going about their lives. Maybe it's a tad pathetic to be waving at other Fits now that there are bound to be more of them on the road? ALthough I am still waiting for that flood to happen...have only seen 1 '09 since they got here.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Your fuel economy will improve when the car has a few more miles on it.
Mine has almost 50K now, and I am getting about 32 to 34 on the average now, even with 10% ethanol (the bastards).
A year ago, I was getting the same MPG, but that was on good ol' gasoline with no vegetables in it. My MPG decreased when ethanol was added, and now it has gone back up to where it was. I expect it to get better as the car gets older. Hondas are really tight, and mine still runs and drives like new. EXACTLY like new. I just take normal care of it, not fanatical. Oil changes when the Minder gets down to 15% usually, tire rotations every 6,000 to 8,000 miles, new air filter once, new pollen filter once.
My Mom lives 300 miles from me, and near the beach, so I go there as much as I can. Mostly highway miles, consequently.

Last edited by Steeldog; 09-23-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added more verbose bullshit.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
I have 1300 miles on it - well, my mileage is about 300 miles, but it had 1039 miles already on the odo when I bought it. So do you still think I will get an improvement?

Yeah, we have vegetables in our gas too, but I hope the winter blend will be more mileage-friendly. "Winter Blend," sounds like a fine wine... ha ha. But corn in gas tanks SUCKS!!! I wonder if there is anywhere in my area that doesn't have ethanol...

Where's the pollen filter??

Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Pollen Filter

This is off the subject of the thread, but here it is anyhow.

Pollen filter is also known as the cabin filter. It's got nothing to do with MPG. It's behind your glove box.
Open the glove box and squeeze the left and right sides in a little. You can rotate the box right outa there (thereby dumping all its contents on the floor, in my one experience doing this), and the filter is right behind it.

Mine had twigs and seeds in it. I smoked them, but they weren't any good.

Your MPG should typically continue to improve for several thousand miles. Rolling parts get less resistant, and mechanical parts get their edges worn-in a little. Your MPG is mostly dependent on how you drive, though. Take off with less aggressiveness, for one major thing. And generally try not to drive terribly fast. I do just a little above the posted limits in town, as a rule, and about 78-79 on the interstates where the speed limit is 70.

According to 2 different GPS units, my speedometer is very accurate; by far the most accurate of any car I have owned. (Most of them have been very optimistic.) If your tires are oversize or overinflated, you are actually going faster and farther than your car thinks it's going. My GPS testing was done with tires inflated to 32 psi.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
I just saw the TWB Fit base again - twice! It must live somewhere in the area where I go to donate blood. Woman driver, didn't see me. I also saw an SSM which I think was also a base.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
oh man....im starting to see the 07/08's everywhere... but i think
i saw like 3-4 silver sports this morning, one blue base, and one black sport.

i hope people buy more 09's so that our cars are more 'special.'

Old 09-23-2008, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steeldog
This is off the subject of the thread, but here it is anyhow.

Pollen filter is also known as the cabin filter. It's got nothing to do with MPG. It's behind your glove box.
Open the glove box and squeeze the left and right sides in a little. You can rotate the box right outa there (thereby dumping all its contents on the floor, in my one experience doing this), and the filter is right behind it.

Mine had twigs and seeds in it. I smoked them, but they weren't any good.

Your MPG should typically continue to improve for several thousand miles. Rolling parts get less resistant, and mechanical parts get their edges worn-in a little. Your MPG is mostly dependent on how you drive, though. Take off with less aggressiveness, for one major thing. And generally try not to drive terribly fast. I do just a little above the posted limits in town, as a rule, and about 78-79 on the interstates where the speed limit is 70.

According to 2 different GPS units, my speedometer is very accurate; by far the most accurate of any car I have owned. (Most of them have been very optimistic.) If your tires are oversize or overinflated, you are actually going faster and farther than your car thinks it's going. My GPS testing was done with tires inflated to 32 psi.
Ha ha ha!!! You REALLY need to quit smoking, especially seeds and twigs!!

and hey, I started this thread so I can go OT if I want and take anyone with me...Owner's rights.

That's good to know about mileage improving over time...How did you know I take off aggressively?? Been stalking me again??

I like to beat people off the line b/c they look all surprised as they sit there at the light with their foot not even on the pedal yet...and I'm GONE! Heheh.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:48 PM
normally i see about 3-4 fits per day and they always have like 70 year old woman driving. not fit freaks around my area :[ and whenever i wave and beep they always ignore, because they think im being a punk or something. not all 20 year olds are hoodlums! come on now!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
I saw three today. A SSM sport, red sport, and a red base.
I also saw my own.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by silverbulletfit
normally i see about 3-4 fits per day and they always have like 70 year old woman driving. not fit freaks around my area :[ and whenever i wave and beep they always ignore, because they think im being a punk or something. not all 20 year olds are hoodlums! come on now!
Maybe they're thinking "Oh, My God, there's Mrs. Mandelbaum's grandson, I know I forgot to send a card for his birthday, maybe if I pretend I don't know him, he won't tell his grandmother I never sent a card!"

Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
This Juliane gal is funny, fellaz. She's always friendly, and always right on top of the BS that we're tossing around in here.

Plus, of course all you 20-year-olds are punks!

Some of us older kids are punks, too. I listen to the Punk Channel on Sirius all the time. None of my kids would listen to this "noise", but then, they didn't grow up in the real heyday of punk music. They listen to Emo. OK, emo is not bad. I love My Chemical Romance, but on my way to work, the Dead Kennedys or Sex Pistols are the ones I count on to get my blood flowing. God save the queen. She ain't no human, um, bean.

Last edited by Steeldog; 09-23-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-23-2008, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Better gas mileage

Hi Juliane,

I confess that I enjoy your sense of humor....I live in the mountains of New Mexico, in a smallish town. We have 4 Fits here, and I see them most days.

About your bad mileage......I like to drive my Fit hard at times, although I do not do much city driving. I do climb a lot of mountains. I am getting over 40 mpg (5-speed manual), and I often carry 2 kayaks and a lot of equipment.

I still recommend that you increase your tire pressure. You will be amazed at the difference. Although I run at 45 psi, even if you increased yours to 40 you would get better mileage for sure, and I feel the handling is even better than before. My Fit is just about to turn 4000 miles.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steeldog
This Juliane gal is funny, fellaz. She's always friendly, and always right on top of the BS that we're tossing around in here.

Plus, of course all you 20-year-olds are punks!

Some of us older kids are punks, too. I listen to the Punk Channel on Sirius all the time. None of my kids would listen to this "noise", but then, they didn't grow up in the real heyday of punk music. They listen to Emo. OK, emo is not bad. I love My Chemical Romance, but on my way to work, the Dead Kennedys or Sex Pistols are the ones I count on to get my blood flowing. God save the queen. She ain't no human, um, bean.
I must have been drunk when I responded to your post. NM.

Last edited by Juliane; 09-27-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Happened to end up behind 2 other fits at some traffic lights the other day - must have looked like we were having a club meeting... My SSM 2009 Sport, a 2008 White in front of me, then an 2009 white in front of him... We are taking over the world - especially as everybody else in Atlanta is running out of gas.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 PM
My orange revolution does create quite a stir. I teach high school: it's odd, but my more intelligent students really like this car and color. I've seen a # of older Fits, but very few '09's in the Chicago area....

Old 09-27-2008, 07:43 AM
I live in Japan and I see at least 1 Fit out of 3 cars in the street.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Quite a Fit-ting day!

Count: 4 Fits!

Sport - 2 VBP
Base - 1 VBP, 1 TWB

I can't be 100% certain that the sport VBP was 2 cars and not the same one twice, b/c I wasn't close enough to see the driver the 2nd time.

None of them cared when I waved...

Boo hoo!

And my 3rd tail light even says "Fit!" which I thought would net me LOTS of great attention!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Every car on the road is a Fit.

And then I wake up and I'm upside down in a ditch.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:10 PM
I only saw 1 Fit today. Mine.

I live in a small town in Wisconsin (8,000 people) and in the 3 weeks since I bought the car I have seen only 2 other Fits in town (either 07 or 08).

The predominant car in my town is still large pickup trucks or large SUVs. Very few people have small cars (and not many imports). The nearest Honda dealership is 20 miles away.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Only saw two new fits and A LOT of 1st gen.

Quick Reply: How many Fits did YOU see today??