General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How many Fits did YOU see today??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:53 AM
I just got back to Vegas after a 5-day trip to southern California, where I seemed to see around 20 or so every single day. It was a good mix of models, the majority of which I think were first gen. It was almost exciting to exclaim "Fit!" every time I saw one, since the saturation was so much more intense than here in Vegas, where I tend to see 1-3 per day, max.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
Yesterday I seen 3 SSM Fits (2 GD Sports, 1 GE Base), a VBP Sport, a BOM and a BBP GE8.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Saw one arrive at my workplace today. Black. Owner loves it!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
In about 600 miles of driving I spotted a total of 6. 4were at the intersection of Nacodoches and O'conner in San Antonio, and 2 more on U.S. 79 between Round Rock and Franklin.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
I drove between Boulder, CO and Leadville, CO a week ago. I have never seen that many Fits. Way more popular there than in the Detroit area. I felt at home!

Old 09-09-2009, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
Not a lot arounf here. I saw one or two.

Do you not find you get confused with on oncoming Mazda 5? Like we are the little bro or something. I did have the owner of a 5 come and take a closer look as they were confused as well.

We have a black and storm GEs and an older red GD in neighbourhood

Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
I seen 3 Fits within one mile of each other about 30 mins ago. The first was a CBP GE8 Sport that I parked by at Sonic; it still had the dealer tags on it. The second one was a MR GD3 Base that I passed after making a left turn on an intersection and then I seen a TW GE8 Sport in my rear view mirror as I passed the MR GD3.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
BUMP!!!

Got a wave out of a lady in a VBP Sport today.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Saw a MR GD pulling in when I was leaving my university today. I smiled at them, but didn't get a response. Still pretty cool! I've seen several Honda Fits parked around school.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
There's a BOM and a MR GD3 at my son's high school. Both sports. I see at least one SSM almost every day, and usually 2-3 GE8's of various colors. I saw a TWB GE8 base yesterday - I parked directly in front of it, but the driver was still in the store when I left. I like TWB more than I used to. It's the rarest color here, but most of the Jazzes in England are pastel colors, according to my son.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chloeishere
Saw a MR GD pulling in when I was leaving my university today. I smiled at them, but didn't get a response. Still pretty cool! I've seen several Honda Fits parked around school.
I realized a while ago that sometimes when I wave, they don't see me becuz of my window tint! Maybe I'll get more waves when it's cool enuf to leave the windows down. Maybe the other driver didn't see you.

I also have to come to grips with the fact that most people just bought a Honda that's cheap, roomy and gets good gas mileage, not a unique, lovable car that can be modded to look even better. They are not freaks and they probably wonder "who WAS that?" when i wave at them!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
They are not freaks and they probably wonder "who WAS that?" when i wave at them!
Thats pretty much how the lady in the VBP reacted after I rolled down the window while smiling and waving like a 'tard.

Last edited by Hootie; 09-18-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
I realized a while ago that sometimes when I wave, they don't see me becuz of my window tint! Maybe I'll get more waves when it's cool enuf to leave the windows down. Maybe the other driver didn't see you.

I also have to come to grips with the fact that most people just bought a Honda that's cheap, roomy and gets good gas mileage, not a unique, lovable car that can be modded to look even better. They are not freaks and they probably wonder "who WAS that?" when i wave at them!
I just experienced the same thing form a woman at the busiest intersection in this county.... She was in a stock copper colored Fit, and I drive a fit that isn't so stock in appearance, sound or performance.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I've only seen one Fit and that was in Dallas in one weeks time, I guess people are hiding their cars!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Nah, Fit Freaks only come out at night.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
I saw 2 in Dallas the last trip there..... The one driver that noticed my car looked at me as if I was piloting a flying saucer.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Thats pretty much how the lady in the VBP reacted after I rolled down the window while smiling and waving like a 'tard.
Maybe you should be riding on the Short Bus instead of driving a Fit. lol.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Coming home from picking up my son at school just now, I got behind my car's twin - BBP Sport - and when the female driver looked in her side view mirror, she was surprised at first and then smiled at me and wiggled her finger in greeting. It was funny to see her expression to see the same car right behind her.

Hers was cleaner, though. Mine's filthy right now b/c of all the rain.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:54 PM

I don't have any tint on my windows, so he should have been able to see me. Maybe not though, they were getting past the gate-- I'm always paranoid that it won't go up in time (this one is sensor-ed, not card entry), so maybe they were staring at it suspiciously like I always do.

And yes, I think a lot of people aren't as dorkily in love with their Fit as I am. I guess I have a biased view from this forum, where I'm one of the less-fanatical (I mean fanatical in a good way, I swear!) ones!
The other day at an department orientation of sorts, I ended up mentioning my car (it came up in conversation, I swear!), and the woman I was talking to said that her niece had just gotten a fit too, and she loved it. So, I know it's not just us! I doubt her niece is on this forum, but stranger things have happened.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:27 AM
Everyone I've met who owns one (3, so far) loves theirs. I doubt if they are Fit Freaks, but it's fun to meet them anyway. One lady told me her son has dubbed hers 'the cockroach' for it's shape and dark color (black). LOL! And, hopefully, its ability to survive!

Quick Reply: How many Fits did YOU see today??