General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Change the Fit oil every 5,000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
according to honda themselves, your first oil change should be past the first 5k...the oil has special additives in it that need to do their thing, whatever it may be.

change your oil when your maintanence minder tells you to. simple as that.

i go almost 8k between oil changes because i drive mostly highway, hence its not as hard on my car.

listen to the big h. they know more than your cousins, dads uncle who changes his oil ever 3k gives them credit for.
+1!!!

I've always done the every 3k or 3 months thing with every other car I've owned and got nothing in return but less money in my wallet every 3 months. This time around, I'm going by the factory engineered maintenance minders and doing things when the car tells me to. Then, I'm letting Honda techs do all of the work so I never have to argue anything being out of my factory and extended factory warranty as well.

I mean, it's a one hour maximum dealership visit, it costs me under $30 bucks, and they wash my car to boot. I know I'm not the only one who could kill an hour kicking new tires in the showroom while my baby gets cared for

Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Honda!!!

Originally Posted by 7red7
I mean, it's a one hour maximum dealership visit, it costs me under $30 bucks, and they wash my car to boot. I know I'm not the only one who could kill an hour kicking new tires in the showroom while my baby gets cared for
For my $29 Honda also checks 30 things and tops off all the liquids. When I first got the Fit I was going to be all anal and buy Honda's windshield washer and other fluids but what on earth for when they'll fill them up for free with the oil change. When I added up the cost of materials and the fact that I wanted my maintenance documentation absolutely perfect then it made the $29 fee a no brainer. I used to do it myself every 3000 miles but those days are over. Let Honda take care of it.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by feddup
For my $29 Honda also checks 30 things and tops off all the liquids. When I first got the Fit I was going to be all anal and buy Honda's windshield washer and other fluids but what on earth for when they'll fill them up for free with the oil change. When I added up the cost of materials and the fact that I wanted my maintenance documentation absolutely perfect then it made the $29 fee a no brainer. I used to do it myself every 3000 miles but those days are over. Let Honda take care of it.
Oh yes I forgot to add that my local dealer does that as well!!! I'm with you, let the dealership handle it and have my paperwork spot on at all times

Old 09-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
How does your dealer wash your car? Do you ever see scratches or swirls afterward? I'm leaning toward using Honda service but quite a few freakers say NOT to let the dealer wash your car b/c they can do harm to the paint.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I've always changed my oil every 3000 on my other cars, but the dealership told me to bring my fit in whenever it got to about 10-15%.