General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Where should I get my Fit tinted at?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Cool Where should I get my Fit tinted at?

I have needing to tint my Fit! Where do you guys recommend to get my windows tinted in San Jose, CA area? Thanks in advance.

PS. I want to find a super good deal. Get at me! Because, so far I have been finding places for $200-$300 for obviously all 8-10 windows.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
contact your local dealer. they should know hte best place.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:45 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
auto image in san carlos does the best work around. really professional, clean shop and super nice guys. my buddy that owns a bunch of exotics only takes his cars there. they did my car aswell and i highly recommend them.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:48 PM
They didn't help, but thanks.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Omega Tintwerks in pleasanton

Pros:
-excellent feedback
-llumar film

cons:
-he's a bit far away from you
-vincent runs solo so his schedule would be tight

Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM
id just look at other peoples cars and ask them where to go and learn from their mistakes

Old 08-25-2008, 06:22 PM
best film

the best film is madico film in ceramic version. ask for it on autosupermart.com they have some, i liked the 55 version of the onyx which blocks out a lot of heat and uv. but is not very dark.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
longshot, but can someone recommend a reputable shop in Tracy-Lodi area?

Old 08-27-2008, 04:35 PM
IMO anywhere EXCEPT A stereo shop. When I buy donuts I go to the donut store, not the delicatessen. Simply do an internet search, find a company that STRICTLY installs window tint and deal with them. This is their area of expertise. BTW: I had mine done at my job, never had to waste my time going to some stereo store. Most reputable window tinters have trucks since they also tint office buildings, homes, etc.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SlavetotheHonda
IMO anywhere EXCEPT A stereo shop. When I buy donuts I go to the donut store, not the delicatessen. Simply do an internet search, find a company that STRICTLY installs window tint and deal with them. This is their area of expertise. BTW: I had mine done at my job, never had to waste my time going to some stereo store. Most reputable window tinters have trucks since they also tint office buildings, homes, etc.
Is Lumar a good brand? A shop near me installs what they say is top of the line Lumar for $169, takes a few hours. Good deal?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
We got Madico, for $130, darker on the rear sides and back. Perfect.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TexFit
We got Madico, for $130, darker on the rear sides and back. Perfect.
Is that a better brand? Did you get your "eyebrow" done too? Did you get any tint to your front windshield or is that against the law? I don't want it really dark like a limo, just tinted enough for privacy and to keep the heat gain out.

The 2 places I called earlier said they used Lumar.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
Is that a better brand? Did you get your "eyebrow" done too? Did you get any tint to your front windshield or is that against the law? I don't want it really dark like a limo, just tinted enough for privacy and to keep the heat gain out.

The 2 places I called earlier said they used Lumar.
Limo tint is 15% --- You can only have it so dark on a passenger car in Tx -- here's what's allowed, from the TX DPS website:

Front Windows

Windows to the immediate left and right of the operator must have at least 25% light transmittance and luminous reflectance of 25% or less, over the entire surface area of the window.
  • Side windows to the rear of the driver, both left and right, have no minimum requirement for light transmission
If you have left and right side mirrors, you can have any tinting on the rear window. You can get an exemption if you need it darker. Doctor's permission required. We got 25 for the front and 20 on the back, I think.

I did not opt for the eyebrow, I'm not wild about the way it looks. The rest of it makes me go aahhhh, though. Guaranteed forever, no fading,

I read about Madico, having heard great things about it. Lifetime warranty is what we have. And the price was right. Plus, the most trusted place in town uses it.

functional yet aesthetic enhancement for any vehicle, offering these benefits:

* Reduce Glare
* Block up to 99% of damaging UV rays
* Reduce interior fading
* Provide added shatter-resistance
* Available in light, medium, and dark tones
* Superior optical clarity
* Contour Engineered
* Manufacturer's 3-year and lifetime warranties

I definitely notice the clarity...

Old 08-28-2008, 04:21 PM
LUMAR PRO Is a Quality Product.

But there is also a German ceramic film that is the absolute best. Can't remember the name, do a google search. Do not buy PRICE! Any MORON with a razor and a roll of tint can be a "window tinter" Leave it up to people who STRICTLY install window tint. They will do a first class job AND stand behind their product as well as their labor.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SlavetotheHonda
But there is also a German ceramic film that is the absolute best. Can't remember the name, do a google search. Do not buy PRICE! Any MORON with a razor and a roll of tint can be a "window tinter" Leave it up to people who STRICTLY install window tint. They will do a first class job AND stand behind their product as well as their labor.
I am not trying to cheap out on this - it has to be a quality install. There is a shop near me that ONLY does tinting, and takes appointments. Price is $169, which seems a little higher than some around here have paid. But that is going to be my first job next week. I will make an appointment and go there to see their work before I give them my Fit.

I got "Huper-Optik Nanoceramic Film." Is that it? Who carries that?

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Is the South higher in Tint price? 'cuz of more Sun?

I am not trying to cheap out on this - it has to be a quality install. There is a shop near me that ONLY does tinting, and takes appointments. Price is $169, which seems a little higher than some around here have paid. But that is going to be my first job next week. I will make an appointment and go there to see their work before I give them my Fit.

I got "Huper-Optik Nanoceramic Film." Is that it? Who carries that?
If it makes you feel any better - I paid $260 for my tint (3m ColorStable w/lifetime warranty) in Woodstock, GA.

The Tint Guy = Tint Guy Window Tinting for Commercial, Home and Automobiles | Georgia

Very pleased with the product and installation. My dealer recommended them to me.

My previous vehicle (embarassed to admit), a Nissan Versa, cost me $325 using Formula One film. Custom Sun Control in Marietta, GA did the work and also an excellent job w/lifetime warranty. Custom Sun Control tinted the Nissans for the dealership I purchased my car from. I like the idea of seeing who your dealer would reccommend. If it's the dealer's recommendation, then it's the dealers name on the line so to speak. I would like to believe the dealer would not make a recommendation that would cause one of their customers to be disgruntled.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
You had a Versa??? For how long?? Did you hate it? What happened to it? Review and cross compare, please, or point me to the post where you've already discussed it. The Versa was going to be my 2nd choice if I couldn't find a fit. I hate the name, though. I joked to my hubby that I'd have to tell people, "They were all out of Vices, so I had to get a Versa!" Lame.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:14 AM
You had a Versa??? For how long?? Did you hate it? What happened to it? Review and cross compare, please, or point me to the post where you've already discussed it. The Versa was going to be my 2nd choice if I couldn't find a fit. I hate the name, though. I joked to my hubby that I'd have to tell people, "They were all out of Vices, so I had to get a Versa!" Lame.

Tooo funny!

I had a 2008 Silver HB SL w/CVT Transmission, convienience package, kick plates, and carpeted floor mats. During my 3 months (1,500 miles) of ownership - it was in the dealer for repairs almost half the time. The final straw was when my brakes began shuttering for the second time after the dealer had turned my rotors...yes...turned my rotors at 300 miles. I had just gotten it back from having the defroster repaired when the brakes began acting up again. I made the decision to cut my losses and bought my original choice of the FIT. The only reason I chose the Versa over the Fit was because of the amount of options and luxury extras I could have for a smaller price. I paid $15,300.00 plus tax, title, etc. after a $1,500.00 rebate was applied. Having owned many Nissans with good past experiences also helped with my decision.

But alas, I hated the way it handled on the road. It did not handle sporty at all but more like a larger car. No ABS. Gas mileage never got higher than 27 mpg combined, uncomfortable steering wheel position - no telescoping - only tilt, misc. dashboard rattles. I really doubted the quality of the car and I'm very disappointed in Nissan for producing such an inferior product.

-_-_-_ steppin' down off my soap box....

Trust me, we are all better off with Fits!

Old 08-29-2008, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
got mine tinted by MOBILE TINTING came to my home and got the job done in 1hr. did a great job Home

Old 08-29-2008, 05:13 AM
Huper Optik Is The Best Out There

Only issue is that since it is ceramic (and will eliminate far more heat/uv, etc. from the car) it also causes problems with my Valentine 1. This time I went with a window tinting company here in Tampa, used Lumar Pro, came to my job, did a 4 HOUR install, and I paid 200 bucks. Appears the fit is not an easy car to properly tint, it takes alot longer than most cars and uses more film. Huper Optik is by far the best on the market. My entire home is done with it and we cut our energy bill by 30 percent. Pricey though.

Quick Reply: Where should I get my Fit tinted at?