General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Where should I get my Fit tinted at?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by somdamon

Tooo funny!

I had a 2008 Silver HB SL w/CVT Transmission, convienience package, kick plates, and carpeted floor mats. During my 3 months (1,500 miles) of ownership - it was in the dealer for repairs almost half the time. The final straw was when my brakes began shuttering for the second time after the dealer had turned my rotors...yes...turned my rotors at 300 miles. I had just gotten it back from having the defroster repaired when the brakes began acting up again. I made the decision to cut my losses and bought my original choice of the FIT. The only reason I chose the Versa over the Fit was because of the amount of options and luxury extras I could have for a smaller price. I paid $15,300.00 plus tax, title, etc. after a $1,500.00 rebate was applied. Having owned many Nissans with good past experiences also helped with my decision.

But alas, I hated the way it handled on the road. It did not handle sporty at all but more like a larger car. No ABS. Gas mileage never got higher than 27 mpg combined, uncomfortable steering wheel position - no telescoping - only tilt, misc. dashboard rattles. I really doubted the quality of the car and I'm very disappointed in Nissan for producing such an inferior product.

-_-_-_ steppin' down off my soap box....

Trust me, we are all better off with Fits!
Wow, I'm so NOT surprised!! Turning rotors at 300 miles??? That was a lemon if I ever heard of one! But Toyota seems the same to me - cutting corners, cutting reliability and quality. That is why, once I drove the competition, I knew it had to be the Fit. For the money, or anything even close to that cost, we are getting far more car. I even got up to a 25K Rav4 and didn't think the interior was as nice as the Fit's! Well, I know it's not - just the plastic alone with hard sharp edges on the gauges told me that. So I am glad I did score an '08. If I hadn't gotten an '08, I'd swallow my critique and get an '09. It's just the best car for the money out there. Even if it did have a reverse nose job!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
for those of you that got the entire car tinted, (excluding the front windshield) how much did you pay? I called a "reputable" shop in my town and theyre quoting me $320 for the entire car.. too pricey?

Old 08-30-2008, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
It may be somewhat regional. My quotes so far have been $175, $250 (same film - Lumar) and $195-225 (Solazone film). Your price seems high to me, but we pay out the nose for almost everything else here. For example, our taxes on new cars are 6.25%. I think in MO it's 3%.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:01 PM
i paid $160 for all 5 + head banner

Old 09-03-2008, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Score! I just found a shop that uses Madico film and charges just $125, and it takes about one hour. They have my business.

Can they do a decent job in just one hour???

I gotta go and get my registration and plates now. It was funny, I just got my inspection and all 3 of the shop guys gathered around the engine, pointing and looking at it, even though that is not part of the inspection. They just wanted to see what it has under the hood. They asked me if it was a hybrid and I told them "No, but it gets about 32 mpg." Told them there was a Fit hybrid on the way in 2010. They admired the car, you could see it, but didn't want to show that they liked it (it's not a macho car, you know). Funny.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks, but I already got mine tinted at Mr. Tint in San Jose :]

Old 09-07-2008, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member
good job! here in socal, i got all of mine done with johnson's tint for @140 including a 4 inch stripe on the windshield. a year later, it is still holding up fine.