General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

New Fit with Possible Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 AM
New Fit with Possible Issues

My 2008 Fit now has 2,500 miles on it and I have noticed a few things that I wanted to ask if they are normal or if I should have the dealer look/fix.

1) I use cruise control alot, so since I bought the car I have left the cruise control module on at all times. Recently, sometimes when I press the "set" button the cruise control will not activate. I will lose speed as soon as I take my foot off the gas. This issue is fixed by shutting off power to cruise control and resetting it. But I think it might be an issue cause it took 2000 miles for it to happen the first time, and it has happened a few times since then.

2) When I cut the wheel to the left to take a slow hard turn in a parking lot or something, I hear a grinding noise from the back of the car. It isn't that loud, most people wouldn't mind it. It sounds like the rear drums rubbing or something. I asked the dealer to look at it and they said it is normal. I just wanted to verify with you guys and not take the dealers word for it.

3)Last one, when I bought my car I had a small rubber peice sitting in one of my cup holders. It is shapped like a squared letter A. Block type style. It also has either "H2" or "H3" spelt on it with raised rubber, I can't remember which. Any chance anyone knows what this thing is? I'll try to take a picture of it when I get home.

Other than that I am averaging 38 MPG with a manual. High was 41 MPG on one tank and the low was 34 MPG. Everything is still stock.

Thanks in Advance!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by DarkStorm
My 2008 Fit now has 2,500 miles on it and I have noticed a few things that I wanted to ask if they are normal or if I should have the dealer look/fix.

1) I use cruise control alot, so since I bought the car I have left the cruise control module on at all times. Recently, sometimes when I press the "set" button the cruise control will not activate. I will lose speed as soon as I take my foot off the gas. This issue is fixed by shutting off power to cruise control and resetting it. But I think it might be an issue cause it took 2000 miles for it to happen the first time, and it has happened a few times since then.

2) When I cut the wheel to the left to take a slow hard turn in a parking lot or something, I hear a grinding noise from the back of the car. It isn't that loud, most people wouldn't mind it. It sounds like the rear drums rubbing or something. I asked the dealer to look at it and they said it is normal. I just wanted to verify with you guys and not take the dealers word for it.

3)Last one, when I bought my car I had a small rubber peice sitting in one of my cup holders. It is shapped like a squared letter A. Block type style. It also has either "H2" or "H3" spelt on it with raised rubber, I can't remember which. Any chance anyone knows what this thing is? I'll try to take a picture of it when I get home.

Other than that I am averaging 38 MPG with a manual. High was 41 MPG on one tank and the low was 34 MPG. Everything is still stock.

Thanks in Advance!
1) I rarely use cruise control but I would imagine it could just be your computer getting screwed up because of leaving it on while the car is off. Or could be a potential issue developing I really don't know....

2) I have no such noise when I turn my car slow hard anything I have 5k miles on the car so you will have to see what other people say but it isn't normal for me.

3 I had a little rubber stopper sitting in my glove box when I got my car so I think it may have been a plug they put in the ignition possible or something like that isn't needed.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
3. there is a rubber "H" piece that goes between the rearview morror and the windshield to reduce vibration. I'm guessing that's what this is.

The other stuff I would have looked at as it does not seem to be a common issue with the car.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I also leave my Cruise on at all times.. I never had this problem. As far as the grinding noise there shouldnt be a grinding noise. That piece you are referring to is either that mirror piece stevens24 is talking about or a firewall plug. both are usually in the cars.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
2. Are you usually on the brakes in this scenario as well? If you drive a lot on gravel or just have bad luck and a spring broke in the drum the brakes may be the cause of this noise?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Don't know if the OP is aware, but cruise control won't activate below a certain speed. Last I checked it was like 30 or 35 MPH. Below this speed it will behave just like you described, the set button has no effect.

As for the grinding noise, I have no idea. I've heard lots of noises come from my fit, but grinding was never one of them (not counting when I f**k up a shift).