General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Which is the fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:33 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitDSfield
That is just FAST!!!
Is it just stock fit + T1R turbo S?
2200 lbs is 200 lbs lighter than stock fit!
And how is your mileage?
hehe thanks. well......nothing is stock about my fit but as for motor work, i only have the T1R kit. i have shed about 150 lbs with taking out my airbags, suspension, seats, carbon fiber etc. and i dont keep track of my mileage. i fill my car up 5gallons at a time because i hate the sloshing.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:32 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak

I think it is going to come down to a matter of traction between the High Boost KWSC and the T1R Turbo kit. Chris, are you running an LSD by chance?
nope, no LSD yet.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1WayFit
1. KWSC jdmchris's
2. T1r type S
3. KWSC
4. stock cooper S
5. stock MT Fit
and a stock Fit is not that slower than the Cooper S believe it or not. The cooper is a heavy, even more unbalanced head heavy car, with low gearings. I have raced against one when I was stock and we ended up in a tie.
i'm usually not this blatant in my posts,

but you really need to sell the crack you are smoking. Its THAT good. Do you know how to differentiate a base cooper from an S?

even the fastest stock m/t fit wont go 0-60 in less than 8.5 seconds. The cooper does it in less than 7.

There is NO WAY that you acheived what you claim, unless the cooper driver was just messing with YOU.

It is fun to speculate, but out of all the cars mentioned, only one has a for sure number and thats the cooper s.

even the folks here who HAVE the kits, have not posted solid times, even if they are not-so-accurate stop watch runs.

and the cooper is not an 'unbalanced' car. what the hell are you talking about? that thing is riding on rails, and will out-handle even modded fits in stock form. hell, even BASE form.

and no, its not a 'heavy' car, even a a/t cooper s only weighs in about 75lbs more than an a/t fit sport. the manual 's' is even lighter. this is still a sub 2700lb car. it is neither un-balanced or heavy. get your facts straight. this is what gets honda guys called ricers.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:34 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
my aunt has a new cooper s. i am going to get my cousin to take it out this weekend and we are going to do some "scientific testing". haha

Old 08-15-2008, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
my aunt has a new cooper s. i am going to get my cousin to take it out this weekend and we are going to do some "scientific testing". haha
you should!

is she auto or manual? clubman or coupe? hard top or soft?

i think you'll still have the upper hand though, you weigh less to begin with and have further reduced weight. and you have a higher power to weight ratio.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:44 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
its an 08 coupe. MT. its drives really smooth for a turbo car. i think my car is faster but the mini has more torque.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
its an 08 coupe. MT. its drives really smooth for a turbo car. i think my car is faster but the mini has more torque.

yeah, thats the beauty of a direct injected engine. they have a super flat torque curve and all of it is available really early and like up to 5k rpms. she can go into overboost if she wants too, and make 192lb-ft if she floors it.

i stil think you should do a little better, but you wont MURDER her or anything. she may be quicker off the line.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
I didnt expect such a heated response LOL. It was a CooperS auto I know because its my friend's ride. We end up tie after doing several races, so i know what im posting. they are way over 2700lbs that's for sure. power loss is significant in an auto, u should know that already.

Kelsodeez should have no problem walking the CooperS.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
t1r=ajr?

anyway... you also have to look at the effects on the engine. turbo's but a hell of a lot more strain on the engine, thus shortening it's life span. superchargers are much more worth it if you want your engine to last.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:21 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by saiko

. turbo's but a hell of a lot more strain on the engine, thus shortening it's life span. superchargers are much more worth it if you want your engine to last.
not a true statement. wtih proper maintenance, care and a good tune, a turbo engine can last just as long, if not longer than a supercharged engine.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by saiko
t1r=ajr?

anyway... you also have to look at the effects on the engine. turbo's but a hell of a lot more strain on the engine, thus shortening it's life span. superchargers are much more worth it if you want your engine to last.
Yep, T1R = AJR. That was Ben's fit which if I am not mistaken runs more power than even their kits. Also, it is the fastest because it smoked even the 200+hp K20 Fits on the track. There isn't a Fit out there that I know of that could beat Bens Fit. If there was they should be going out for the next time attack to prove it

What kind of strain on the engine are you referring to exactly?

I don't think it really matters if you run a supercharger or turbo, the extra PSI is what is going to take a toll on the engine. I would say that if you really wanted to get sticky about it the extra strain the supercharger puts on the crank would be worse than a turbo at the same PSI. Other factors would be the intercooler for the Turbo, dissipating excessive heat effectively would be a major factor in reliability.

Finally like kelsodeez was saying, proper maintenance is the key to having a reliable FI setup. That would be a bigger factor than anything else.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-16-2008 at 12:26 AM.