General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

exhaust ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Exclamation exhaust ticket

i got a fix it ticket for my hks axle back and i got it fixed and then put the aspec mid pipe with the hks axle back and i got pulled over again for loud exhaust. should i put a silencer or live with getting pulled over? i love the sound of the exhuast and once i put the silencer will i loose the deep sound completely? please lemme know guys.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Just IMO, but put the silencer on the thing dude. Nothing worse than an anemic 4 banger wringing out an exhaust note that does nothing but annoy.

You may love the note, but here is a reason you're getting pulled over and ticketed. That reason is no one else does.

--D

Old 08-11-2008, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
weird, I just have a HKS Hi power axle back, but it doesn't seem loud, well enough to give out a fix it ticket for it. It is under 93 decibels. + HKS has a really deep tone to start with anyways.

I dont have a b-pipe so, I wouldnt know how loud it could increase.

and you live in glendale also! i live in like pasadena. maybe the popos are strict.

I know I wouldnt want to drill a hole into my HKS's exhaust tip to install a silencer.

Try not to floor it as often as you would. Probably it was that. I daily my car with HKS and dont have problems (knock on wood).

Old 08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
i assume it was a bike cop that pulled you over...

wow... someone local!

where'd you get caught at?

Old 08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
i would advice u not to get a b pipe. it freakin sounds like an evo bro u have no idea!! and yah i liv ein glendale and i got pulled over in pasadena. siera madre to be exact. lol sucks freakin balls but yah ill try nto to floor it.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by mole177
i assume it was a bike cop that pulled you over...

wow... someone local!

where'd you get caught at?

a car popo caught me when i was on my way back from pasadena. second time bein pulled over in a week.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jazz GD3
weird, I just have a HKS Hi power axle back, but it doesn't seem loud, well enough to give out a fix it ticket for it. It is under 93 decibels. + HKS has a really deep tone to start with anyways.

I dont have a b-pipe so, I wouldnt know how loud it could increase.

and you live in glendale also! i live in like pasadena. maybe the popos are strict.

I know I wouldnt want to drill a hole into my HKS's exhaust tip to install a silencer.

Try not to floor it as often as you would. Probably it was that. I daily my car with HKS and dont have problems (knock on wood).

i would advice u not to get a b pipe. it freakin sounds like an evo bro u have no idea!! and yah i liv ein glendale and i got pulled over in pasadena. siera madre to be exact. lol sucks freakin balls but yah ill try nto to floor it.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
haha cali sucks for cars it seems...hear they are really strict there. here in md people are LOOOOUD and never get pulled over unless they are speeding, then he might be a jerk and give him a fixit ticket as well...i would try the silencer, sure it will still sound alright.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
hks doesnt come with a removeable silencer...? ive never heard of having to drill holes on name brand exhausts for a silencer...

Old 08-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Your going to have to change it now because they have your liscense plate marked now. They are looking for you. Once your hit they keep an eye out for certain people that have stuff done to their car.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Remind me again why anyone would want to live in Kalifornia? Between the Liberal dipsticks in Hollywood, the anti-gun idjits in Sacremento, the smog Nazis all over Socal and probably the most concetration of the worst parts of the bible ever for weather..... I don't mean to get off on a rant here but. Vote with Ryder! And yes, people do get away with murder in Maryland. Not half as badly as they do here in WV, where we don't have emissions inspection AT ALL.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Fix it.
Nothing's more annoying than a little eco car with a loud muffler.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Remind me again why anyone would want to live in Kalifornia? Between the Liberal dipsticks in Hollywood, the anti-gun idjits in Sacremento, the smog Nazis all over Socal and probably the most concetration of the worst parts of the bible ever for weather..... I don't mean to get off on a rant here but. Vote with Ryder! And yes, people do get away with murder in Maryland. Not half as badly as they do here in WV, where we don't have emissions inspection AT ALL.

yeah my dad lives in wv...im hoping i can get his 91 mustang from him and keep it registered under his name in wv...woo haha i dont know how he got away with having that car street legal when he lived in md, no cats, illegal headers. extremely loud.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DENRACING
awww. But I had plans to do all the N/A mods like piping (which includes a B-pipe and header) Btw, what b-pipe do you have? does it have a resonator in the middle or is it basically a straight pipe? maybe its due to a brand of b-pipe?

Originally Posted by Fitcapo
Your going to have to change it now because they have your liscense plate marked now. They are looking for you. Once your hit they keep an eye out for certain people that have stuff done to their car.
really, I hope not, cuz I (dont want to bring it up again, in case anything, knock on wood) recently just got a fix it for front-door tints,

Old 08-11-2008, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
dont run an exhaust on a weak ass fit. please. also, you are getting pulled over because you are probably driving like a jackass. no offense.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kancerr
yeah my dad lives in wv...im hoping i can get his 91 mustang from him and keep it registered under his name in wv...woo haha i dont know how he got away with having that car street legal when he lived in md, no cats, illegal headers. extremely loud.
It's interesting you say that. I was visiting family in MD and read in the Sun that MD popo are cracking down on people with cars registered out of state.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by solbrothers
dont run an exhaust on a weak ass fit. please. also, you are getting pulled over because you are probably driving like a jackass. no offense.
Didnt you buy that stupid pipe on a flange? Then they named it an exhaust....

Running a silencer wont stop you from getting a ticket. The problem is your exhaust is visibly modified.
To "fix" the problem would be going back to stock or a stock looking muffler.

Dish out some money for the T1R v2 muffler.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Didnt you buy that stupid pipe on a flange? Then they named it an exhaust....

Running a silencer wont stop you from getting a ticket. The problem is your exhaust is visibly modified.
To "fix" the problem would be going back to stock or a stock looking muffler.

Dish out some money for the T1R v2 muffler.
i never bought anything. lol. the RCautoworks exhaust isnt out yet.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
you've never been out here have you??

Old 08-12-2008, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
i never bought anything. lol. the RCautoworks exhaust isnt out yet.
I think he's talking about the cherrybomb matt.

Quick Reply: exhaust ticket