General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

MOD Fit or other performance cars?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
MOD Fit or other performance cars?????

Ok guys i was woundering i see some of u guys have spent like 10,000 and more on the FIT. Plus how much it cost so around another 15,000 - 18,000 depending what u paid for it OTD. So around a grand total of at least 25,000 if not more. For those of u that have put this much into this car. Would u rather have gotten a different car for that much like a STI, EVO, or any other performance car in that range of money??? It just seems to me when u spend that much money u could have gotten a stock Evo that would be a better perfomance car. So I would like to see who out there would rather have now gotten a different performance car off the bat instead of modding the FIT. Ps i had a evo before but i love the fit way more but i don't plan on moding it like i did the EVO.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator
I have not spent $10,000 on my fit yet, its probable more like 5,000 or under. when I set out to look for a new car to buy I was originally looking to buy a used EVO or WRX. I still am not sure how I came across finding the Fit but when I did I fell in love with it. Knowing that I could get a sport fit in the color I wanted (kind of) for well under my budget was a lot better Idea then buying a used Turbo-ed car that would max out my budged, high miles and more then likely driven realy hard. At the end of the day the Fit may not be as fast as a EVO or WRX with out lots of money, the car is still a blast to drive gets good mileage and more of a unique car to mod around this area

Last edited by MNfit; 08-06-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
U are a all out FIT fan like me!! This is what i like to see

Old 08-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Ok guys i was woundering i see some of u guys have spent like 10,000 and more on the FIT. Plus how much it cost so around another 15,000 - 18,000 depending what u paid for it OTD. So around a grand total of at least 25,000 if not more. For those of u that have put this much into this car. Would u rather have gotten a different car for that much like a STI, EVO, or any other performance car in that range of money??? It just seems to me when u spend that much money u could have gotten a stock Evo that would be a better perfomance car. So I would like to see who out there would rather have now gotten a different performance car off the bat instead of modding the FIT. Ps i had a evo before but i love the fit way more but i don't plan on moding it like i did the EVO.

but if you buy a 30k car your still gonna drop another 10-15k on mods for it. I have a sports car now and i am actually getting rid of it. My fit kills it in handling/power/fun to drive. so i can have a really fun car for $25k or a really fun car for $40k. Its all in perception and how you look at things. I wouldnt buy another car over the Fit within 30k...

Old 08-06-2008, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
there are plenty of cars that you could mod for less money than the fit, and get much better results.

but in the words of sugarphreak 'if all out speed was my goal, i would have gotten a different car'...or something to that effect.

Its a unique car to modify, and much easier to make your own. Even if there are 10 people on this site who did the same thing you did, you will still be super unique.

and with a few mods, you'll still be able to turn your car into a quick little hatch that can suprise a few people, and thats what matters.

i sometimes get the urge to save up and use my potential mod money on a faster car, like a gti, (something that really doesn't require mods immediately) but the fit makes me happy in a lot of way, so that helps stay my hand.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
isnt the STi and EVO like 35 grand? thus putting it at more than double the Fit MSRP.... I did look into a WRX when getting my Fit... however... insurence$$$$$$$$$$$$ and gas $$$$$$$$$$$$ for the WRX.... vs. the Fit insurence$$ and Fit gas $ i like less $ signs.... lol

Old 08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
isnt the STi and EVO like 35 grand? thus putting it at more than double the Fit MSRP.... I did look into a WRX when getting my Fit... however... insurence$$$$$$$$$$$$ and gas $$$$$$$$$$$$ for the WRX.... vs. the Fit insurence$$ and Fit gas $ i like less $ signs.... lol
the new ones are. but you can buy a great condition 06 sti for a tad over 20 grand, depending on the miles.

well, its more like 25k, but its still a performance bargain. and even though it is more expensive insurance and fuel wise, it will do things that a fit will never do.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
oh im not debating that! even a new one at MSRP is a bargain for the performance you get! and the new STi is just a beast!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:00 PM
to me

built>bought

I have a gsr that owns the infamous 3... sti evo srt,

and I plan on the Fit doing the same.

I am just brand loyal to HONDA and the Fit has the lowest hp of them all, so it comes to an underdog situation for me. What if eagle, or some equivalent comes out with engine intenals, I'll be the one that boosts a L15 to 400hp

Last edited by 2k7gd3; 08-06-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Here is what I came from. I sold my 2006 Mustang GT, that I paid $23000 for new, Put about $5k into for looks suspension and performance. At the end of the day, I had a car that looked the way I wanted it to look, ran High 12's on drag radials, and ran the mountain hills great in the twisties. So why did I sell it.. 20mpg and I commute 35+ miles to work every day, having to run 91 octane. So I traded it in on the Fit. And of course the mod bug hit me like every other car I own. Less than a month into ownership, I replaced the entire sound system, currently looking into wheels, and am looking into a few small performance items that will give the fit a bit more oomph while trying to merge into traffic, and a little better handling Without making it sound like a lawnmower. So maybe $3 grand will be spent in mods total for the Fit. What I can't see or understand is how folks can throw huge gobs of money into something that yields little to no performance increase just because it is "JDM" Being a domestic musclecar fan for all my 30 years, I am just now reading into measurable performance increases for the Fit, like the usual intakes, exhaust, lighter wheels etc, but then I read about people spending $800 for a muffler, that is wayyy to big for the displacement of the engine and actually kills power, but because it is from Japan it is must have. Maybe i'm just getting old, but if I have $800 to spend on a performance part, it better do something. Stickers and the location of where it came from, don't win races. That being said, I really like my Fit, just wish it had a bit more power, without decrease in MPG's, which is the reason I purchased it.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by 2k7gd3
to me

built>bought

I am just brand loyal to HONDA and the Fit has the lowest hp of them all, so it comes to an underdog situation for me. What if eagle, or some equivalent comes out with engine intenals, I'll be the one that boosts a L15 to 400hp
400 hp, damm if there was a way to get it up to 250 hp and not kill mileage, I'd be all over it. With that power to weight ratio, it would be a blast.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
U don't need 10-15 k into mods for a WRX or EVO. With the 3000 i put into my EVO i had 330AWHP and 320TQ. jvm051 hit it on the spot. I see alot of money put into these cars and little performance gains. Like even if u turbo,full exaust,header u get what around 150-175 whp for what around 6,000 and that is with out any suspension mods. SO say u got the Fit for 16,000 OTD with the 6,000 total of 22,000. Now u can get a used Evo or STI for around 17,000-24000 with good millage. And i know the stock Evo puts out 230AWHP and i don't think it needs any suspension mods at all. Not hating on the FIT guys i love it much more because of the gas and that i won't want to mess with the engine which will save me $$$$ alot in the end. And 2k7gd3 i'm glad to see guys like u that want to be different and push these cars and showing every one what they can do. But how much did u have to spend do be able to beat those 3 cars i bet a lot of money went into it. I whish i could beat a evo or sti with this car that would be the sh$$ what a sleeper. But to do that u would need internals which i can see down the road for this car. Right now it is a new car so there is not alot in the market rigth now with the stock engine i think the highest numbers i hae seen are around 175whp. And best time is 15 something. If i am wrong please fix me. And yea if there was a way to get this car to 250Whp right now with not affecting the gas millage on this car i would go for it.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 PM
U don't need 10-15 k into mods for a WRX or EVO. With the 3000 i put into my EVO i had 330AWHP and 320TQ. jvm051 hit it on the spot. I see alot of money put into these cars and little performance gains. Like even if u turbo,full exaust,header u get what around 150-175 whp for what around 6,000 and that is with out any suspension mods. SO say u got the Fit for 16,000 OTD with the 6,000 total of 22,000. Now u can get a used Evo or STI for around 17,000-24000 with good millage. And i know the stock Evo puts out 230AWHP and i don't think it needs any suspension mods at all. Not hating on the FIT guys i love it much more because of the gas and that i won't want to mess with the engine which will save me $$$$ alot in the end. And 2k7gd3 i'm glad to see guys like u that want to be different and push these cars and showing every one what they can do. But how much did u have to spend do be able to beat those 3 cars i bet a lot of money went into it. I whish i could beat a evo or sti with this car that would be the sh$$ what a sleeper. But to do that u would need internals which i can see down the road for this car. Right now it is a new car so there is not alot in the market rigth now with the stock engine i think the highest numbers i hae seen are around 175whp. And best time is 15 something. If i am wrong please fix me. And yea if there was a way to get this car to 250Whp right now with not affecting the gas millage on this car i would go for it.
price... its not that bad when you do the work yourself, the Teg has maybe 5k into the motor,
butspanking "sports cars" with a 4 banger Honda... priceless.

250hp without affecting milage = k20

and I stated 400 hp L15 just as an example, There are a handfull of built D16's in my area with 400+hp...

Old 08-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Firebat666
oh im not debating that! even a new one at MSRP is a bargain for the performance you get! and the new STi is just a beast!
but its ugle and looks like a humpbback whale. eww they now have ruined the 1. Evo 2. Sti 3. Fit... what else could they possibly take away from us =\

Old 08-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Fa1
to me

built>bought

Lots of companies will make custom internals for you.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:46 PM
price... its not that bad when you do the work yourself, the Teg has maybe 5k into the motor,
butspanking "sports cars" with a 4 banger Honda... priceless.

250hp without affecting milage = k20

and I stated 400 hp L15 just as an example, There are a handfull of built D16's in my area with 400+hp...
my d16 only have 175 horse to the wheels... or 178... anywho, i was hitting mid 12's. its all about tune and weight reductiion

Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
True that is where this fit will shine is weight. I Would like to see what the times would be like on this car at 200WHp i beat it would fly and spank a stock EVO or STI. Hey so i still am new to the fit. What are the numbers with the turbo kits or supercharger. I have seen around 120-145WHP but is this with full exaust and new header or just the turbo/supercharger giving these results. And any one try changing cams on the fit yet??? This is where i saw the bigest gains in the evo were cams and a TUNE. I was also boosting at 21PSI. And this was on crappy 91oct if i had 93 it would have been better numbers. I wounder what these stock fits put down on the Dyno???

Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 PM
^^thats cool alot of na heads pull quick 1/4 mile times

that being said, it's plauseable for the L15 to do the same

Old 08-06-2008, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Oh crap i just realized ur from Tampa. I am from pasco. Moving back to FL in 2 weeks. So how are the fits out there with not a lot of twisties on the roads

Old 08-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Here is the main question; What are you planning on doing with your Fit?

You said that you are looking for performance; Autocross, Solo1, Drag Racing or just plan on blowing a few people of the line? If you are only concerned with performance I would say you should pick a different car.
Certain cars work better for each type.

The second question is; will this be your daily driver?

With out of control gas prices the Fit is a great car to rock as a daily driver and also occasionally for the track. It uses regular fuel which is nice, also is FWD which makes it a competent car in the snow.

An Evo may work great in the snow, but with big premium fuel bills that might get old fast.

Originally Posted by eldaino
there are plenty of cars that you could mod for less money than the fit, and get much better results.

but in the words of sugarphreak 'if all out speed was my goal, i would have gotten a different car'...or something to that effect.

Its a unique car to modify, and much easier to make your own. Even if there are 10 people on this site who did the same thing you did, you will still be super unique.

and with a few mods, you'll still be able to turn your car into a quick little hatch that can suprise a few people, and thats what matters.

i sometimes get the urge to save up and use my potential mod money on a faster car, like a gti, (something that really doesn't require mods immediately) but the fit makes me happy in a lot of way, so that helps stay my hand.
lol, you pretty much nailed the quote Eldaino

It is true, the Fit is not my first choice as a performance car. But it is a great car for doing it all.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Quick Reply: MOD Fit or other performance cars?????