General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

MOD Fit or other performance cars?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
ive put alot of money into my car and i am really happy with it. it is unique. no one has modded fits around. also, my car out handles the majority of $30k cars. i like taking turns.

if you buy a 30k car, you will have a nice car............exactly like the guy down the streets nice car.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
I was not talking about any 30k car. I was talking performance like the EVO crappy interior i think the FIT is way nicer. But for around 20k u can get a nice used evo that would have around 230AWP and great in the turns. For around another 3,000 u could get 320-350 AWHP easy. But i think this is still a new car and sooner or later we will see many more FITs with turbos out there. The Evo was rare to at first and now a lot of people have them. But it was hard at first for me i was going to get another EVO but went with the FIT instead. It is way better on gas i save about $220 a month on gas. It is not loud like the EVO was i could barley hear the dam radio that is how loud it was. Cheaper insurance is a plus. The parts for these cars are way cheap. I would pay around 200 a tire for the evo. My stock rims on it go for around 430 a pice. So for me it was a way better DD. And to be able to make this brand new car look the way i want it to for the price i payed was way better than having another EVO for me.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2k7gd3
to me

built>bought

I have a gsr that owns the infamous 3... sti evo srt,

and I plan on the Fit doing the same.

I am just brand loyal to HONDA and the Fit has the lowest hp of them all, so it comes to an underdog situation for me. What if eagle, or some equivalent comes out with engine intenals, I'll be the one that boosts a L15 to 400hp

i admire your drive, but i seriously doubt that many will be able to achieve that.

b series and d series engines are one thing, but the l series is a different beast. Remember, even on the famous honda 4 bangers, only certain ones are the path to big power.

Its nice to spank up on a stock evo/sti etc. And thats how you know those cars are bad ass. because people like to use them as a standard to beat.

just remember there is always someone faster than you. imagine what happens when someone puts as much dedication into an sti or evo as your gsr...regardless of cost, someone will win and he'll get the glory.

thats what i like about the fit. Its not pretentious at all, and anything you do with it will be looked at as "whoa. i didn't expect that! pretty cool, and very decent performance!"

with certain japanese and german cars, people expect more. with the fit, they take what we give em. i just don't think people should shoot so high...because you can use the same argument the o.p. used against the fit now: why bother doing that when you can get an old civic cheaper and build it up. (built>bought right?)

Kraftwerks already has already done a fully built fit. it made about 190 to the wheels, which is about 5x more than anyone ever needs in this car.

i'm sure you could maybe reach 250 whp, but the l15 has been discussed in detail, and it does not seem to be able to realistically exceed this number and maintain driveability.

sugarphreak: glad i didn't mess it all up!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Good see i was seeing it the same way. Yes ur gsr might beat a stock evo but if i am into my car like he was my car would win. And that was another thing i loved about the evo when i had it. Is that every one wants to beat u at the track or any where for that matter. But with the FIT every one has told me its so much crappyer than the EVO. But once i give them a ride in it they say dam it surprised me. With this car everyone has low expectation from the car. But with the evo i had every boy racer and old man want to race me. I mean i had motercycles,honda,toyota,corvetes,trucks, that wanted to race me. Than again i had alot more people that liked the car i had lotus guys that always said they whised they had my car instead and porsch guys to. But than becasue of that i had hatters thar would slash my tires key my car and people call the cops saying my car was to loud. I love the FIT and paln to keep it for as long as it lasts me at least 5 years i hope.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:38 AM
not stock evo sti srt^^
w/ my teg, ya there is always someone faster, but there's not alot of them.

hey diff strokes diff folks... but the evo isn't a Honda...imo Honda>all

I see my Fit, in the long run, doing some damage.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Oh ok i thought u were talking about stock. Here in SD i am one of the low EVOs and i was at 330Whp alot of these guys out here are pushing more around 450-550awhp. But u are right EVO and Honda 2 different cars. I can't wait to see ur project come through and just to see the face on a guy that got beat by a FIT is priceless if u ask me

Old 08-10-2008, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
The fit is a terrible "sports car". Front wheel drive is inferior in all performance aspects. The fit is great at what it does, and that is give excellent MPG in a comfortable interior space. Anyone that tells you FWD is good for anything, but saving the car manufacture money (and in turn you) is wrong. I've owned a Prelude SH, because it was an insanely good deal. You can get one for $7000 now (200hp,a true 5speed,145mph top end). I paid that 4 years ago. It in no ways compares to the fun of rear wheel drive even when kicking the rear out in turns. Anyone whose ever driven a proper RWD would never select a FWD "sports car" if they could afford not to. The most fun I've had in my cars was my 300zxTT . It wasn't very fast, and it under steered quite a bit. However I learned I liked cars that under steered slightly. You give it a little gas and it gives you a perfectly controlled slide, and the moment you barely lift it catches back exactly like you plan to. I've never come close to the sensation in either a Prelude, Integra (reputed as being the best handling FWDs ever made), or RSX.
If the prelude was rear wheel drive it would have been one of the best cars ever made, but instead it is relegated to one of the best FWD, so it isn't even in the top 100

i

Last edited by MPGASAP; 08-10-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Just A Suggestion From A Guy Who Has Modded Many Cars

KEEP YOUR CASH.
If I could only get back the tens of thousands I pissed away on wheels, tires, gauges, CAI's, etc etc. Want a fast car? Go buy one. Want a Car that is meant for Autocross and not for daily use? Go buy one. I learned the hard way after wasting money on Porsches, BMW's, S2000, Mini Cooper WRX's etc etc. I wasted so much money that you never recover upon resale it makes me sick.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks man ^^ i already am not going to. I am keeping the Fit how it is right now and what i bought it for. And that is a great DD. Which it is so far. Maybe down the road i might get a 2003-2004 cobra i think that is the weekend/track car i am going to get if i get one and gut it. But i need to finish college first and get a good job. The marine coprs does not pay that great