General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Possible Daytime Running Lights on US Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Possible Daytime Running Lights on US Fits?

I've been wondering for a while now if the US spec Fits were capable of having D.R.L. I do know that the Canadian Fits have this feature standard and the US have TPMS, but I have noticed in a electrical diagram 1WayFit posted in another thread that there are two places for D.R.L. Those locations being 8 and 18; 18 is used for the TPMS and 8 is unused.

Now as you can see the codes at the bottom of the page indicate that it they are Canadian only, but I think it could be possible that the wiring was already ran and a 7.5 A fuse was never inserted.

I'm planning on trying this later on today or tomorrow as soon as I can find a good 7.5 fuse. If this works, it'll be a cool feature ; if doesn't work, we'll just lose a few seconds of our free time.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Went to put in a fuse, but it was too large. The fuses inside the box are half the size of normal ones. I'll have to pick some up at a local auto parts store.

Question for Canadian owners: Does the Canadian spec Fit any light sensors or anything related to that about the DRLs in the manual?

Last edited by Hootie; 08-04-2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Thought of question.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:25 PM
you want I think they are mini or atm fuses....

Old 08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Mini or ATM fuses, got it. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure the wiring is not there as it's pretty comprehensive and I don't think they'd hook up all those relays and wires just to not use them. If you want DRLs just follow the independant fog light switch mod in the lighting section.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
ATM fuses.

i just use my fogs as DRLs. less annoying than having them on the headlights IMO, DRLs always annoyed me it just creates so much glare during the day it gives me a headache on trips. at least i have tinted windows now

oh.. yeah, edit... running DRLs with my fogs as in my Avatar above. or like Arisenfury.. we're awesome.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Question for Canadian owners: Does the Canadian spec Fit any light sensors or anything related to that about the DRLs in the manual?
There are no light sensors which govern the DRL; DRL is on by default, once the parking brake is released.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Domo (he doesn't post much) wired his fog light fuses/wires (not sure which) to the radiator, so whenever the radiator is on (which is whenever the car is on), the fog lights are on.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Burbio
Domo (he doesn't post much) wired his fog light fuses/wires (not sure which) to the radiator, so whenever the radiator is on (which is whenever the car is on), the fog lights are on.
That's such a waste of time and probably a lot more splicing than the independent mod. If you snip one wire and hook it up to an empty fuse slot in the fuse panel that turns on and off with the car then you can leave your fog light switch to ON and whenever you turn the car on or off the fogs turn on or off. In addition you can turn the switch off and have the fog lights turn off.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
added bonus, fog lights will stay on with the high beams which is excellent, that really lights up the road quite a bit

Old 08-08-2008, 01:13 AM
DRL's

I would be very interested on finding a way to add DRL's to my fit. I was able to add them to my 2007 Tundra with some relays and wiring but I don't know where to start on this Honda.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cujo98ta
I would be very interested on finding a way to add DRL's to my fit. I was able to add them to my 2007 Tundra with some relays and wiring but I don't know where to start on this Honda.
I'm pretty sure this thread has told you where to start...

Old 08-08-2008, 12:19 PM
The DRL on our Fits run the highbeams at 80% in the day.
This is also run through some kind of module with a heat sink on my other vehicles.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
I'm pretty sure the wiring is not there as it's pretty comprehensive and I don't think they'd hook up all those relays and wires just to not use them.
I agree. No point installing the wires/relays if they will never be used. However, the US models might have the exact same wiring as our models....just to cut down on manufacturing costs.

DRL has been on every car sold new in Canada since 1990.

Last edited by prelude_guy97; 08-10-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
I'm actually quite surprised they didn't include it with our Fits, they have DRLS on all there other new models like the Civic and Accord. The older models don't have it, and I know the Fit's been around since 2001 but they obviously made the effort to include it in the Canadian Fits.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
for those of us who want the power of turning off our DRLs does anyone have a a trick to shut them off? Can you just pull the drl fuse?

Old 12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
I believe that they come on when your light switch is in the parking light position, so theoretically you'd just have to put the switch in off position; and yes, pulling the DRL fuse would work.

But the USDM (US spec) Fits don't have DRLs, they have TPMS; the CDM (Canada spec) Fits do. So unless you imported a CDM Fit, you wouldn't have them.

Edit: I have yet to find a 7.5 ATM fuse that wasn't in a big bundle of other fuses. Fork over the cash for the extra unneeded fuses to try this.

Last edited by Hootie; 12-30-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
I just bought my Fit Sport 09 in Michigan last week. How do I know if the dealer sold me a Canadian model?

Old 12-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by Hootie
I've been wondering for a while now if the US spec Fits were capable of having D.R.L. I do know that the Canadian Fits have this feature standard and the US have TPMS, but I have noticed in a electrical diagram 1WayFit posted in another thread that there are two places for D.R.L. Those locations being 8 and 18; 18 is used for the TPMS and 8 is unused.

Now as you can see the codes at the bottom of the page indicate that it they are Canadian only, but I think it could be possible that the wiring was already ran and a 7.5 A fuse was never inserted.

I'm planning on trying this later on today or tomorrow as soon as I can find a good 7.5 fuse. If this works, it'll be a cool feature ; if doesn't work, we'll just lose a few seconds of our free time.
alot more than a mere fuse mod!!
can fits have a DRL module and the wiring i quite different
the DRL module is tied into the low beams, highbeams and fogs

Old 12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by runbikerun
I just bought my Fit Sport 09 in Michigan last week. How do I know if the dealer sold me a Canadian model?
all the writing will be written in canadian!!!! lol jk
DRL, speedo, manuals, etc etc

Quick Reply: Possible Daytime Running Lights on US Fits?