General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Possible Daytime Running Lights on US Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by Hootie
I believe that they come on when your light switch is in the parking light position, so theoretically you'd just have to put the switch in off position; and yes, pulling the DRL fuse would work.

But the USDM (US spec) Fits don't have DRLs, they have TPMS; the CDM (Canada spec) Fits do. So unless you imported a CDM Fit, you wouldn't have them.

Edit: I have yet to find a 7.5 ATM fuse that wasn't in a big bundle of other fuses. Fork over the cash for the extra unneeded fuses to try this.
CDM???? it's CDN u americam!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
That's such a waste of time and probably a lot more splicing than the independent mod. If you snip one wire and hook it up to an empty fuse slot in the fuse panel that turns on and off with the car then you can leave your fog light switch to ON and whenever you turn the car on or off the fogs turn on or off. In addition you can turn the switch off and have the fog lights turn off.
u don't understand how a car is wired.....read the posts on independent fogs (more than just skimming just a few posts, u'll have to read several pages and several posts to get the full picture)

Old 12-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Hootie
I've been wondering for a while now if the US spec Fits were capable of having D.R.L. I do know that the Canadian Fits have this feature standard and the US have TPMS, but I have noticed in a electrical diagram 1WayFit posted in another thread that there are two places for D.R.L. Those locations being 8 and 18; 18 is used for the TPMS and 8 is unused.

Now as you can see the codes at the bottom of the page indicate that it they are Canadian only, but I think it could be possible that the wiring was already ran and a 7.5 A fuse was never inserted.

I'm planning on trying this later on today or tomorrow as soon as I can find a good 7.5 fuse. If this works, it'll be a cool feature ; if doesn't work, we'll just lose a few seconds of our free time.
thats not an electrical diagram....the canadian wiring is 3x more complicated than the us version

Old 12-30-2008, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
I'm going to try plucking the fuse and see what happens.
Thanks

Old 12-30-2008, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SFactor2
u don't understand how a car is wired.....read the posts on independent fogs (more than just skimming just a few posts, u'll have to read several pages and several posts to get the full picture)
What are you talking about? I've already done the independent fog mod and I've read the whole thread as it was being written.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
thats not an electrical diagram....the canadian wiring is 3x more complicated than the us version
Heh, I was trying to get my thoughts typed and the word "diagram" was the first thing to come to mind. But the wiring for the shouldn't be too much more complicated, its just only the DRL and their equipment. Got a link to the wiring of the CDM (in your opinion CDN) and the USDM Fits to compare?

CDM???? it's CDN u americam!!!
Hey, I'm not american; I just temporarily live here. Besides that, the letters in JDM means Japanese Domestic Market and United States Domestic Market for USDM. So that would make CDM mean Canadian Domestic Market; CDN is just the initials for the country.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by runbikerun
I'm going to try plucking the fuse and see what happens.
Thanks
how? it work??

Old 01-06-2015, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by runbikerun
I just bought my Fit Sport 09 in Michigan last week. How do I know if the dealer sold me a Canadian model?
Ways to know your Fit Sport is a Canadian model:
  1. Canadian Fit Sports do not have paddle shifters on automatic models.
  2. Canadian Fits do not have TPMS.
  3. Canadian Fits do have DRL (Daytime running lights). Your high beam indicator will light dimly when your lights are off if you have DRL and they are on.
  4. Canadian Fits have our speedometer in km/h.
  5. Canadian Fits measure fuel economy in l/100km.
  6. Canadian Fits have a bigger washer fluid reservoir (it holds over 1 US gallon of fluid).
  7. Canadian sport models do not have map lights.
  8. The navigation system is not available on Canadian fits.
  9. Canadian Fits come standard with heated outside mirrors (your rear defrost button will have a diagram that looks like the shape of the outside mirrors).
  10. Canadian Fits with an Automatic transmission do not have a spare tire. We get a tire repair kit that includes an air compressor and a bottle of tire sealant.
I think that's all of the differences. Any other Canadians want to add things I've missed?

Old 01-08-2015, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by 2010FitInSK
Any other Canadians want to add things I've missed?
11. Your car says "eh" at the end of every phrase.
12. Your car can drive itself to hockey matches, bacon farms, and syrup dispensaries.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member
This was a string from 2008 you all are replying to.

Originally Posted by ariyuda
how? it work??
Originally Posted by 2010FitInSK
Ways to know your Fit Sport is a Canadian model:
  1. Canadian Fit Sports do not have paddle shifters on automatic models.
  2. Canadian Fits do not have TPMS.
  3. Canadian Fits do have DRL (Daytime running lights). Your high beam indicator will light dimly when your lights are off if you have DRL and they are on.
  4. Canadian Fits have our speedometer in km/h.
  5. Canadian Fits measure fuel economy in l/100km.
  6. Canadian Fits have a bigger washer fluid reservoir (it holds over 1 US gallon of fluid).
  7. Canadian sport models do not have map lights.
  8. The navigation system is not available on Canadian fits.
  9. Canadian Fits come standard with heated outside mirrors (your rear defrost button will have a diagram that looks like the shape of the outside mirrors).
  10. Canadian Fits with an Automatic transmission do not have a spare tire. We get a tire repair kit that includes an air compressor and a bottle of tire sealant.
I think that's all of the differences. Any other Canadians want to add things I've missed?
Originally Posted by DWils
11. Your car says "eh" at the end of every phrase.
12. Your car can drive itself to hockey matches, bacon farms, and syrup dispensaries.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
This was a string from 2008 you all are replying to.
And? (added characters for 10 character minimum)