General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I shorted my electrical system HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
1908 Miata, anyone?

Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
I havent checked our fuses yet... Do we have a "ROOM FUSE?"
Thats what its called on my Mazda. But my Mazda is 100yrs old.
Ah, yes, those 1908 Mazdas really were the nazz, weren't they?
The new-fangled fuse-box in the 1908 model was considered blasphemy by the horse-drawn-Mazda purists of the day.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 PM
okay so I'm back from autozone. Bought a fuse puller (that I don't need because I found one in the fusebox lol oh well). Replaced the radio and powerlock fuses, but still no luck. I'm not sure if it's new or not, but with the key in the ignition I can press the lock/unlock button on the door now. Still can't use the keyfob to do it though. Radio still not working. Is there anything else I can check before I give up and succumb to the rape that the dealership will provide me?

Old 08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
okay so I'm back from autozone. Bought a fuse puller (that I don't need because I found one in the fusebox lol oh well). Replaced the radio and powerlock fuses, but still no luck. I'm not sure if it's new or not, but with the key in the ignition I can press the lock/unlock button on the door now. Still can't use the keyfob to do it though. Radio still not working. Is there anything else I can check before I give up and succumb to the rape that the dealership will provide me?
Hey man the fuse you looking for is in the engine compartment Number 8 call "back up"
Good luck

Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kancerr
just curious why a power finder is needed when you can check fuses by just lookin at em? ;p if youre gonna pull it out and put a power finder on it, why not just look at it and put it back/replace it if the connection is blown?

they need to get rid of fuses on cars and start making some really small breakers ;P
for the simple fact that it isn't easy to spot the broken bridge. nor is it easy to take out every darn fuse. the power finder is the simplest and quickest way to see if a fuse is blown. no need to pull the fuse as there will be no power running through it if it's pulled, silly. just turn the ignition on to make sure everything has power....and start touching

Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
You could always just use one of your two fuse pullers and start pulling and checking them all until you find the bad one(s)!

Old 08-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Well the stores are all closed now but I'll check #8 to see what amp it is. What does 'back up' mean anyway? What is that fuse backing up exactly? Everything? I really hope I didn't royally screw my radio here...although it would be a good motivator to save for that new Pioneer F-whatever lol.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
for the simple fact that it isn't easy to spot the broken bridge. nor is it easy to take out every darn fuse. the power finder is the simplest and quickest way to see if a fuse is blown. no need to pull the fuse as there will be no power running through it if it's pulled, silly. just turn the ignition on to make sure everything has power....and start touching

ah thats pretty neat. ;P never heard of em haha.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Fa1
Well the stores are all closed now but I'll check #8 to see what amp it is. What does 'back up' mean anyway? What is that fuse backing up exactly? Everything? I really hope I didn't royally screw my radio here...although it would be a good motivator to save for that new Pioneer F-whatever lol.
The backup could be an extra fuse you can use.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Seriously just start pulling them out one by one and hold each one up to a light to see if they are popped. You will find the culprit.

Also, if the fit has any fuses under the hood as well, check those.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
How did you blow all those fuses? Isnt there a primary fuse that controls all the stuff not working?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
ack then you
Originally Posted by Steeldog
Ah, yes, those 1908 Mazdas really were the nazz, weren't they?
The new-fangled fuse-box in the 1908 model was considered blasphemy by the horse-drawn-Mazda purists of the day.
Im not use to fuses. When I drive at night I just light up some candles, put them in my headlights.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah backup fuse (8) is most probably the culprit for the radio/dome light as it blew when I shorted some led strips. Get that radio security code handy

Old 08-05-2008, 07:44 AM
haha this rules. #8 was the one Sucks that I didn't figure that out right away. Now I know for the future! Learn something new every day. Now I can call Honda and tell them I don't need to be violently raped by them anymore lol. They do have my fusebox cover though, I hope they didn't friggin lose it...Now, the cargo light bulb is a different shape than the dome light bulb, and that's how I broke the cargo light cover trying to stuff it in there, but I ordered a new one. How do I get my LED light to fit in there without shorting it out again?

Once again, very helpful, all you guys!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
haha this rules. #8 was the one Sucks that I didn't figure that out right away. Now I know for the future! Learn something new every day. Now I can call Honda and tell them I don't need to be violently raped by them anymore lol. They do have my fusebox cover though, I hope they didn't friggin lose it...Now, the cargo light bulb is a different shape than the dome light bulb, and that's how I broke the cargo light cover trying to stuff it in there, but I ordered a new one. How do I get my LED light to fit in there without shorting it out again?

Once again, very helpful, all you guys!
It took me a few hours to figure that one out "back up " just did'nt make any sense to me

Old 08-05-2008, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zukered
Others have weighed in on the electrical issues; meanwhile, why can't you just use your physical key to lock the hatch? I myself have power locks but don't have remote keyless entry, and can unlock and lock the hatch just fine.
Since no one addressd this, the Sport model does not have a keyhole in the hatch since we have keyless entry, only base models have that.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Good catch

Yes, what Rod2Rice said. I meant to mention this too. Being a lifelong dumbass, I forgot.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Just happy I could help..

Old 08-30-2008, 09:11 PM
haha so this helped another Freak out! Excellent thread lol

Old 12-31-2008, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
sweet, keeping for reference just in case.