General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My letter to Weapon R

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:27 PM
WeaponR only responds to anger?

I own the piece of crap called the "race" header. It obviously was never raced by weaponr. Did weapon r bolt the header on the car then drive for 5 seconds in the parking lot and call that "R&D" or just slap it on the dyno and rev it a little? Purhaps the 1 piece prototype fit but it also seems obvious that weapon r merely made a VERY SLOPPY 2 piece version THAT WAS NEVER TESTED in any reasonable way. I have sent PM's to weaponr. I should of started an open thread because they only seem to care about bad PR
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WEAPON R?

Oh by the way, i got the header in the so called "power package" i.e. i spent a small fortune at weapon r for what? and not even a "sorry, we can't help u" reply

Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Were your PMs formated anything like your post was? That might be part of the problem right there.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:41 AM
i do not own weapon R race header nor i own any weapon R product, i do not judge on product quality

i support Sam, i think it should be openly discussed, especially if a product's having issues, regardless if it's a single defect or permenant problem; people should be aware that if something's wrong, that's the whole purpose of the forum, sharing information

i've had many personal experience with many different manufacturers that when you try to resolve the issue with them privately, they lack or they just ignore; then you make it public and they took care of you right away

i am still waiting for video that weaponR claimed to make

Old 08-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vile10
i've had many personal experience with many different manufacturers that when you try to resolve the issue with them privately, they lack or they just ignore; then you make it public and they took care of you right away
Hi Vile,

With all due respect, quite honestly that is bull-sh!t if you are trying to apply your generic non-related experience with WR. I can say this with confidence because I am dealing with WeaponR behind the scenes about a product exchange through private PM's and phone calls and they have been both civil and respectful for the entire process.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:20 AM
i already disclaimed in the very first sentence that i do not own any weaponR product

and i am making statements based on experience with many manufacturer, they might be general but they're not generic

weaponR could have taken excellent care of you, but again, could have done nothing for other people, you can't represent everyone

apparently sam's not happy with the fitment on $$$ he invested on the product, he has all the right to discuss it on the forum just like i have all the right to show my support and give my 0.02

why are you getting so defensive? if weaponR product doesn't have design problem to begin with then there won't be a 2nd version of 1-piece, and it's so easy for them to clear themselves out of it by showing the video which everyone's waiting to see

Last edited by vile10; 08-27-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
The difference is that Sam never gave them a chance to do anything in private. They said they would get back to him in 24 hours of his first contact and he got impatient and posted this thread up at the end of the first day. I've been following the intake mani a little bit since I'm interested in them, and it seems that things are going civily and his manifold is actually going to be fixed and work the right way. If someone just took their time to be curteous and respectful instead of demanding then together they could just work with Weapon*R and get the race headers fixed like Sugarphreak has been doing with the intake manifold.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I don't pretend to know what Sam and others are going through, but neither should you. What I do know is WeaponR has been very kind and reasonable, it would make no sense they would treat me nicely and others poorly.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
possibilities r endless

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I don't pretend to know what Sam and others are going through, but neither should you. What I do know is WeaponR has been very kind and reasonable, it would make no sense they would treat me nicely and others poorly.

how many posts do u do?
--u r a "public figure"

i have neg rep cause i called kamiwannabe on his lies
--weapon r ignores me

PR/propaganda
u seem like the only 1 that is satisfied with weapon r

Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
I'm satisfied with Weapon*R and so are many other people with their street headers.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 PM
arisenfury wants to pick a fight?

Originally Posted by Arisenfury
Were your PMs formated anything like your post was? That might be part of the problem right there.
thanks 4 the attack post....do u expect a friendly response from me?
l

look at the title of my previous post
"weaponr only responds to anger?"
what do u think that means? i am deeply curious
do u know what the question mark (?) means?
did u fail grade school engrish?

since it is not obvious to "people like u" i will explain:
i did send them PRIVATE messages first, for the obvious reasons
ONLY after NO RESPONSE did i escalate my dissatisfaction
i can get MUCH MUCH nastier

Old 08-27-2008, 12:39 PM
arisen fury = moron

Originally Posted by Arisenfury
I'm satisfied with Weapon*R and so are many other people with their street headers.

this is about the RACE HEADER

just because a murderer "was a nice guy" BEFORE he did the crime DOES NOT make them a "nice guy" after the murder

so who cares if the STREET HEADER works 50 million years ago when the RACE HEADER and intake manifold HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS TODAY

Old 08-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sfACTOR1
how many posts do u do?
--u r a "public figure"

i have neg rep cause i called kamiwannabe on his lies
--weapon r ignores me

PR/propaganda
u seem like the only 1 that is satisfied with weapon r
lol, I can assure you I am not much of a public figure, there is a reason I am not a mod nor looking to become one on FF

Just to clear the air on where I actually stand; they don't pay me, nor do they have any official affiliation with my car. Basically I was pateint with them while they worked on the issue, we have kept open communication and I have found them to be very helpful and respectful in every way. We are in a similar situation, product exchange for something encountered after R&D.

To be honest I don't know why you would have a big problem with them, most people I know who have used thier products have only good things to say about the customer support. I will warn you they don't always respsond immediatly to private posts, I would encourage you call thier support line and speak with a representive directly.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-27-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:01 PM
I own the piece of crap called the "race" header. It obviously was never raced by weaponr. Did weapon r bolt the header on the car then drive for 5 seconds in the parking lot and call that "R&D" or just slap it on the dyno and rev it a little? Purhaps the 1 piece prototype fit but it also seems obvious that weapon r merely made a VERY SLOPPY 2 piece version THAT WAS NEVER TESTED in any reasonable way. I have sent PM's to weaponr. I should of started an open thread because they only seem to care about bad PR
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WEAPON R?

Oh by the way, i got the header in the so called "power package" i.e. i spent a small fortune at weapon r for what? and not even a "sorry, we can't help u" reply

WOW it amazes me how many people send PM's and expect A company that is open from 9am to 5pm to respond within second, minutes, or even hours.

Sfactor1: you sent both Pm's to staff@wr @627pm(were closed) and You sent a PM to me this morning. (which i responded to already)

We will be obtaining a Fit today or in the next few days to address the RACE HEADER issue's. Pictures, video's, and a tutorial will try to be posted or linked in the next few days.

We do have the header we fixed for Sam back and will be installing that one and the 2 piece one.

PLEASE bare with us. Away from work both wrstaff and me are well into the industry. We both own Daily driven show cars and do go through the same situations with other companies products at one point or another. We fully understand what is going through some of your minds and frustrations. We are going to work through this and have some resolutions.

thanks

Chris W.

650-877-8280 ext 4#
call me if you have any questions

Old 08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
this is about the RACE HEADER

just because a murderer "was a nice guy" BEFORE he did the crime DOES NOT make them a "nice guy" after the murder

so who cares if the STREET HEADER works 50 million years ago when the RACE HEADER and intake manifold HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS TODAY
You said no one was satisfied with Weapon*R except Sugarphreak, which is wrong. You gave no specifics about the race header.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
thanks 4 the attack post....do u expect a friendly response from me?
l

look at the title of my previous post
"weaponr only responds to anger?"
what do u think that means? i am deeply curious
do u know what the question mark (?) means?
did u fail grade school engrish?

since it is not obvious to "people like u" i will explain:
i did send them PRIVATE messages first, for the obvious reasons
ONLY after NO RESPONSE did i escalate my dissatisfaction
i can get MUCH MUCH nastier
Simply put, how can you expect any company to take you seriously when you write like my teenage sister? My post had nothing to do with the attitude you gave them.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Here is our video of the install for the race header.

YouTube - Weapon*R Race Header Install Honda Fit

Old 08-28-2008, 03:10 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Any vids of it while the car is started? Altho it seems like it has enough clearance to where it wouldnt hit even when vibrating.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:01 PM
We didnt run the vehicle because that was a new header and didnt want to burn it in.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
My brain hurts....

I just finished reading this whole thread and it's nice to see people stand by their product, such as Weapon-R has. I could be wrong but it sure seams to me like they went above and beyond expectations of a parts manufacturer. To Sam, I hope your new header works out and hopefully there's no beef. To I am Ray and Fitcapo this is another reason to buy the A-spec header lol.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:58 PM
2 piece race header install video.

YouTube - Weapon*R Race Header Install Honda Fit

Quick Reply: My letter to Weapon R