General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My letter to Weapon R

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 07:23 PM
UPS TRACKING NUMBER
1Z4A477E0xxxxxxxxxxx

Also issued a call tag for the SECOND HAND .....header too.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 07-30-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
Cee_DUB

Its CamoTrav

Guys i know Chris personally through the xB scene and friends. He will do what he can/in his power to make sure customers are taken care of.
Thanks bro!

Old 07-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
*LAUGHS!*
What about my header? My header hits way more than Sam's. I can guaranteed marks as Ive had it on my car for a month or so. Maybe longer?

I just didnt make a big deal about it as mine was also 2nd hand and I didnt think anything could be done. I now know the reason why the person I bought it off removed it after 1-2 times around his neighborhood. Not because of the sound, as he said.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Chris, PM Sam the tracking number please. We dont need his full address and name given out.
He thinks everyone wants to steal his Fit.

Thanks.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:34 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
*LAUGHS!*
What about my header? My header hits way more than Sam's. I can guaranteed marks as Ive had it on my car for a month or so. Maybe longer?

I just didnt make a big deal about it as mine was also 2nd hand and I didnt think anything could be done. I now know the reason why the person I bought it off removed it after 1-2 times around his neighborhood. Not because of the sound, as he said.

i think your SOL man they said they will no longer do 2nd owner items in a previous post.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I might have to make a big hate thread then huhh?
Me and Sam are like the only people that own it and have it installed.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 07-30-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I see from a business aspect why you won't do the second hand thing they can't garentee you didn't f*** it up ( not pointing at you just saying in general ). But I think that if sam gets his new one and there is still major issues I think they should be obligated to fix things second hand or not. Now if sam gets his new one and fitment is great then I hate to say it but I agree that you will be s.o.l ray.

You should have made a big deal before you let sam do it lol.... or.... you guys should have done it together

Old 07-31-2008, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
*LAUGHS!*

Dude after driving your car at the kami S2K meet and driving mine with the header,i can guarantee you that your rubbing/hitting is NO WHERE close to mine!lol

Old 07-31-2008, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cee_dub2003
UPS TRACKING NUMBER
1Z4A477E0xxxxxxxxxxx

Also issued a call tag for the SECOND HAND .....header too.

Hey man if you can pm or email me the tracking number,that'll be great.

thanks

Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
how could it be a previous owners fault with knocking....and an exhaust leak? Unless the d00d/gal some how f'ed it up :/ lol, I wish I'da got this header instead of backin out when I started seein/reading problems with it Then I'd have been the only owner O well, no full exhaust for me till I get coilovers.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:17 AM
I hope you get everything figured out sam. As for me, my weapon R street header is excellent. the only thing that didn't fit is the support bracket, but the header is completely solid and definitely does it's job well.

I enjoyed the speed in service and I respect that WR is working to build their rep back up, I plan on buying one of their intake manifolds.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:26 AM
I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this was already mentioned, but have you guys tried bending the heat shield up and away from the header?

My Weapon-R street header was also hitting and bending the shield up a bit completely resolved the problem.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
I may be the only one who feels this way but I think it's wrong to go out there and post up your situation on as many car forums as you can think of, especially when you've bought the item second handed and their policy states no warranties are honored to second hand purchases. You've essentially blackmailed the company. This should've been handled in personal conversation, if they wouldn't give you the time of day because your warranty was clearly voided then too bad, all major companys do that but you only blackmail Weapon*R because they're small and independant. So instead of making your claim with the company and maybe posting up a thread in the exhaust section to other members to be wary of the race headers you've now tricked most ever reader of this thread into thinking that Weapon*R is a horrible company and have bad business practices which is simply not the case. I've seen countless satisfied users of their products on FitFreak, myself included.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
I may be the only one who feels this way but I think it's wrong to go out there and post up your situation on as many car forums as you can think of, especially when you've bought the item second handed and their policy states no warranties are honored to second hand purchases. You've essentially blackmailed the company. This should've been handled in personal conversation, if they wouldn't give you the time of day because your warranty was clearly voided then too bad, all major companys do that but you only blackmail Weapon*R because they're small and independant. So instead of making your claim with the company and maybe posting up a thread in the exhaust section to other members to be wary of the race headers you've now tricked most ever reader of this thread into thinking that Weapon*R is a horrible company and have bad business practices which is simply not the case. I've seen countless satisfied users of their products on FitFreak, myself included.
wow seriously?how did I blackmail them?I didnt force them to do anything.This thread was just made so everyone knows what kind of company weaponR is and how they handle things.And and the state where we are now,weaponR should've GAINED customers because their customer service is going above and beyond.

I've never expected anything when i tried to resolve this problem.I didnt expect weaponR to pick up their phone,but they did and are helping me.So don't start thinking i'm blackmailing someone to gain a profit or anything.

And yes the product may have been second handed but trust me no one other than my self has installed it.Why? Because the product COULDN'T be installed before i had to make adjustments to it. And the product was brand new straight out of the box,the ORIGINAL box.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
But you did force them to do something, by posting your letter up here and on numerous other forums. By doing that they have no choice but to do good upon you, even if it means breaking a company policy. Otherwise you're just going to come back to the threads and tell everyone else how they did nothing for you and make them look like assholes; when all they did was adhere to their company policy. You even put one of their employees job's on the line by breaking the policy for you, just to make you happy so that you wouldn't go and spread the word on how "bad" the company is. But it all worked out for you and you got what you wanted so congradulations.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 PM
arisenfury is correct, any company that cared about their reputation would be forced to do something such as weapon r has done here.

on a side note, i'll take the rubbing header! i'll even pay shipping!

Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Wow you guys are ridiculous.

Yes WeaponR is doing something about it,but by no means was it forced. Companies get their names bad mouthed everyday and they are still in business.

I am not just doing this for me and I don't think you understand that. There's a very small amount of people that has bought this header and they all have the same problems. I'm bringing it up to weaponR's attention that these problems exist so that future headers hopefully wont have the same problem.

Please leave this thread if you still don't understand my intentions with this thread, because all you can come up in your head is that i forced someone to do something for me when clearly that is not the case.

Like I said before, I didn't expect anything to be done about this and the fact that something is being done, brings good attention to weaponR.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Go read your original post and letter and re-tell yourself that you were only "trying to make them aware of a bad design." You even demanded things that didn't apply to you.

Regardless, I'll stop posting in here if it makes you feel better.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
I see from a business aspect why you won't do the second hand thing they can't garentee you didn't f*** it up ( not pointing at you just saying in general ). But I think that if sam gets his new one and there is still major issues I think they should be obligated to fix things second hand or not. Now if sam gets his new one and fitment is great then I hate to say it but I agree that you will be s.o.l ray.

You should have made a big deal before you let sam do it lol.... or.... you guys should have done it together
Never know. Chris told me to Email him pics of my header and the problems I have.

Originally Posted by ArisenFury
I dont think Sam did anything wrong. I know when I had my Megan header issues I made a post about it. I had was sent 4 headers and they all leaked. My thread must have did something as Megan told me that they pulled almost all the Fit headers and reworked them.

I ended up with my money back and 2 free headers.

No ones saying WR is horrible. As you can see theyre resolving the problem, even posting in this thread so that means theyre doing something about it and people can see it.

And I dont think many people have this header anyway. Its a really nice header that has some rough edges. If someone doesnt speak up then the header will never get fixed to perfection. Basically what Sam said above.

I dont see how they could let the header go with the slip pipe leaks. Theres no way the test car didnt have leaks. I do remember this header being a 1 piece design, then they went to a 2 piece for install ease.
I think thats the problem. Where they made it the 2nd half, its right above the rack and thats also where it leaks.

Originally Posted by sam21
Dude after driving your car at the kami S2K meet and driving mine with the header,i can guarantee you that your rubbing/hitting is NO WHERE close to mine!lol
You didnt even know what to listen for though. You claimed you couldnt hear anything when you drove my car. Jerome said the same thing.
I hear it all the time, I feel it all the time.

The only real thing I was worried about with the rubbing is the header pulling the bolts out of the head since theres no support bracket.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:14 AM
If people have a problem with a company's product, I think it should be vocalized so that the general population is aware of it. I mean, we even have an entire forum on here to whine to Honda about what you want or don't like. It's human nature. If a company can't make a customer happy, they're going to tell people about it, there's nothing wrong with it. Furthermore, pretty sad it would have to come to someone "forcing" said company to do something in the first place, if "they" were a good company they would do it without the high school drama.

On the other hand though I really do wish people would congratulate companies more for the good deeds they do, such as this one, if everything works out, that above anything should be known to the general public! I make it a fact to tell everybody I know just how good of a car we all drive and you should too if you enjoy it!

Quick Reply: My letter to Weapon R