General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Fit Draws Blood! (My detailed detailing accidents) - pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit Draws Blood! (My detailed detailing accidents) - pics

I was detailing the back of the Fit and i leaned over and got a nice big windshield wiper to the eye. When you guys are cleaning the Fit make sure that you are careful of this.

The Culprit:

Closer Picture:

Just wanted to give a warning to people who detail and clean, just be careful, this is only accident #1.

Accdident #2

my thumb got caught while i was cleaning under the license plate.

I love detailing, but this time, i really did sweat blood.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
i did run into the rear wiper and it hurt alot, got a scar

Old 07-25-2008, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i dont' think that this will leave a scar, i'm so lucky that it missed my eye, by like a cm or so, if i had been leaning down any faster...

Old 07-25-2008, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Ouch! Bad Fit...bad!

Old 07-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
ouch, that looks like it hurts!

oh and, your contact is crooked

Old 07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
LOL similar thing happened to me when I had my Integra. I dropped the keys as I got out and wham. Eyeball nails the egde of the window. Didn't even realize how bad it was until I got into the house because it was dark. Then I saw the blood on my shirt. Whoops.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
ouch, that looks like it hurts!

oh and, your contact is crooked
WHOA you have great eyes, and my contacts always sit on my iris like that.

they are gas permiable, so they only sit on the iris of your eye

They have a slight blue tint. but actually they do look kind of off..problaby as a result of the wiper head trauma.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ouch.... you might want to wear safety gear while detailing...
you know, heavy gloves, safety goggles, hard hat and boots.

hope your eye's ok.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for asking this was over a week ago, so i'm fine now, the wound has healed and i'm all good, i've forgiven the fit already, so we're on good terms. hahah.

Maybe just not being stupid would help me not to get hurt...not sure if i need alll of that equipment..

Old 07-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Round one goes to the FIT...

Old 07-25-2008, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
That`s why I took my rear wiper off.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
that's acutally a good idea, the reason the wiper was up was becasue i was putting rain-x on the windows. and left it in the sun to haze properly and didn't want the rain x to get on the wiper and mess up the rubber. that actually might be a good idea to take it off during the summer... i don't know other cars fare well without one so why not?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Wow. I've never hurt myself on the detailing. Maybe on installations or something... Maybe you should wear protective gear.

Ready to wash the Fit...

Old 07-25-2008, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
hahha tofuman that's a little extreme don't you think, but every time i do oil changes i tend to get myself a little messy too..

Old 07-25-2008, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chrisng
hahha tofuman that's a little extreme don't you think, but every time i do oil changes i tend to get myself a little messy too..
i just did an oil change yesterday. and one recently on my fiance's fit. i bought some ramps since it's difficult to lift the car from the front.
the fit is the easiest car to change the oil on. especially coming from a K20 car... i'm sure you know the pain with the FA5.

only made a little mess.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
i just did an oil change yesterday. and one recently on my fiance's fit. i bought some ramps since it's difficult to lift the car from the front.
the fit is the easiest car to change the oil on. especially coming from a K20 car... i'm sure you know the pain with the FA5.

only made a little mess.
OH CAN I TELL YOU. my experiences with oil changes... you wnat to hear stories?

I did my first oil change when i was 15.
92' accord - my dad was helping me, we decided to do the oil change right after we had driven the car...bad idea.
burned my hand the first time.

Did a few on that car before we sold it, those went smoothly.
(we have ramps)

Bought a MINI in 06 -
took it to my friends house
and we used -SPARE TIRE JACKS to do it.
Long story short, my car FELL off of the jacks. always use the right equipment.
WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.
Dropped the car off the jacks, and then went to back it out, and realized that i had not screwed on the MINI's wierd, oil filter in a canister flush with the part where it hits the engine... oil all down my friends driveway...

Civic SI -
Did an oil change- learned from my previous mistakes, let the car cool down, use proper jacks and jack stands..

Get under the car, and realize that i can't even SEE the oil filter..
I'm not a huge guy, but i could barely get my arms through the little holes to reach it.

I think Honda designed it like this on purpose. If you're strong enough to get the filter off, your biceps are too big to go through the tiny holes, if yours fit, then you're just not strong enough.

Burned myself on the some engine pipe and scrached up both my hands...ended up using the OEM filter until 2nd oil change.

2nd oil change..
Finally got it off, had to use an oil filter wrench and a piece of rubber. abotu an hour under the car painfully arching and twisting... finally got it off.
with my friend in his rsx yapping away at how the RSX was designed so around its engine adn the FA5 just jacked the engine in a car that it doesn't fit into.

I CAN TOUCH the RSX's oil filter from teh engine bay.. honda.. you're great, but seriously after the 2 hours that i spent under one of your cars trying to do it. i wanted to buy a toyota.
just kidding.

Made sure this time that i didn't tighten the filter too tightly.

What kind of ramps did you buy? my si and MINI hit our ramps and dindt make it up that's why i jacked it up. i haven't really taken a look into the fit's engine bay yet.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Both of those have happened to me. :-/

I never leave my rear wiper up anymore due to being stabbed by it when drying my car.
Since that day I leave it down.

Kinda funny that happened to you cause Ive told one of my friends that was washing his Fit (I was rinsing) to watch the wiper, itll poke you in the eyeball.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Fit Rear Wiper FTW!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Both of those have happened to me. :-/

I never leave my rear wiper up anymore due to being stabbed by it when drying my car.
Since that day I leave it down.

Kinda funny that happened to you cause Ive told one of my friends that was washing his Fit (I was rinsing) to watch the wiper, itll poke you in the eyeball.
hahhaha right after it happened, i thought a friend was playing a joke on me and i instantly recoil back realizing that i hit the windshield wiper, it actually almost came off of the hook that it was on..

hahah right after it happened i started to laugh too...until i looked in the reflection and saw blood from my eye. then i was like crap.

btw:
ray - i presume - everytime i wash my hands in a public bathroom, i now think of your avatar. btw those LED lights are the sickest thing i've ever seen, they look so good.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chrisng

What kind of ramps did you buy? my si and MINI hit our ramps and dindt make it up that's why i jacked it up. i haven't really taken a look into the fit's engine bay yet.
i have blitz rhino ramps. they are low enough for a stock height fit, but i'm not sure about a lowered fit. i guess i'll find out when i lower my fit.

the oil filter is nearly impossible to reach on the RSX and EP3, and i can only imagine it being worse on the FA5 since it's even more tucked back. you have to twist and contort your arm next to the hot header. poor design! then once you have it off, it leakes oil all over the passenger side suspension. much bigger clean up job.

not including the time it took to let the oil drain out, i finished the fit oil change in under 10 minutes thanks to the ramps and easy oil filter and drain bolt locations.

Quick Reply: The Fit Draws Blood! (My detailed detailing accidents) - pics