General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

all 4 wheels stolen from Blue Sport AT - one week old

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 AM
I would defenitely have to agree with what Sloto200 said..you should show the pics of the damages to your adjuster and also the agent that helped you with the claim. Also make sure to thoroughly inspect the car when you get it back..make sure and look under the body of the car and make sure that it's not scuffed up or paint is missing..if it is and they try and give you the car back like that DONT accept the car and contact your insurance company and let them know what kind of a Sh**ty job the bodyshop that they provided you with did.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
What the f*** is up with all these wheels getting stolen?!?!?!? We must stick together to fight this!!!

(lojack on wheels anyone? HAHAHAHAHAH)

edit: I got a little carried away and off topic. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
omfg dude... that towing co. probably totaly f-ed your car... and def. f-ed your driveway... if i were in your shoes i would first call the towing co. and see if i can get them to fess up to what they did ( they obviously dragged it...) if they fess up here is what i would demand... THEY pay for another towing co. to tow your fit to your honda dealer, where the honda dealer will thoroughly inspect your fit (on the towing co. dime) ANYTHING found wrong should be paid for by the towing co. if they fail to admit to dragging your car, or fail to pay for ANYTNING listed above, then i would simply tell them they will be hearing from your attourney and hang up, call a lawyer, a good lawyer and get your car fixed, also file a complaint via your insurence co. about the towing co. and in the future DO NOT let your insurence take care of arranging things for you, you should make the arrange ments, remember the insurence co. wants to spend as little as possible and will cut any corner to get your car "fixed" hoping you never find out, you have the legal right to take your car where you want and have the service done how you want, DO NOT let your insurence push you around! sorry to see that your car is being abused when it should be getting fixed... keep us posted of whats going on and good luck, also i cna see you have started to keep a photo log of all this, document EVERYTHING! if this ends up in court it will be to your advantage. good luck! you have my sympathy... if you need any help ask any one on here, i know we all hate to see crap like this happen...

Old 07-22-2008, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
wow i cant believe they didnt use a dollie.

yeah man, that towing company should pay for all the damages done. thats insane, i would be so pissed.

like my car is lowered as is, and one time i had to get it towed. they brought a flat bed out and tried to tow my car. i stopped them and said "hey buddy i have a lowered car...wanna bring another truck."

those guys just want to get your car in and out of where you are at asap.

but thats damage to your driveway.

yeah unless you have zero deductable, i would have suggested that you should not have claimed it on insurance. another set of tires and rims would have costed you around 500. thats how much my deductable is so i wouldnt have claimed it.

but now you may have other problems, since they dragged your car.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
The update on this is that the insurance adjuster called, insured me that it will be inspected by their people and any damage caused by the car that is not customary for the theft will be taken care of and written up differently than the theft damage. They will then go after the towing company etc for any scraping damage etc

They might very well have used a dolly and that is what caused the scrapes. The adjuster will call both the towing company to find out the tow method and the body shop to corroborate the condition the car arrived in.

The estimator is recommending OEM rims and wheels for a couple of reasons. First, he can't find aftermarkets with 4 lugs (I can't either but I'm going to post a request for rim help in the forum that belong in) and he thinks the cost is cheaper for OEM based on that. He also doesn't think the thieves took it for the tires as most of you have suggested but instead wanted the rims. So, I need some quick help on that front. Tire Rack.com does not have anything with 4 lugs either.

Thanks to everybody for continuing to comment on this. I'm certainly thankful for it and I hope it will be beneficial to other Fit owners also.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
This is where I posted my request for rim/tire help. If you've got any advice, I need to gain info to prove the estimator wrong or I'll end up with OEM rims and wheels.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post373496

Thanks for everything.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Thought wheels locks work great? I've never heard of anyone getting jacked with wheel locks on there..?? I just got my Fit last tuesday and people are telling to me watch out for my rims and tires....

Old 07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
BlkFit08, take my advice. Go out there and get wheel locks today and put them on. Don't screw around and don't question the need for them...go get them. I'm certainly going to do so...as soon as I get 4 tires, that is

Old 07-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I have the wheel locks already on them from the dealership, but a fews guys at my job are telling me i should get another set?? What do you think? Thanks for the advice by the way (mb)!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Performance & Racing Parts | Vivid Racing -

i just found that site, they have a lot of 4x100 bolt pattern wheels that would probably fit

Old 07-22-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlkFit08
I have the wheel locks already on them from the dealership, but a fews guys at my job are telling me i should get another set?? What do you think? Thanks for the advice by the way (mb)!
I'm planning on getting an entire set (all16) of Gorilla locks ($45-$65). I might even be crazy enough to add a random set to those also.

The point is that they are only $20/set whether you get McGarth, OEM or whatever if you just get four (one per wheel). Isn't it worth that vs. what your deductible (+ hassle) would be if they got stolen?

Although my thread is current, there are a LOT of similar stories and I'd hate for you to be the next thread. I do live in the city (Chicago) but its a good neighborhood and things like this generally don't happen. Don't assume it won't happen to you. Spend the small amount of $$ and get them.

There are people who say it will piss off the thieves and its only a deterrent but I'm going with it...

Last edited by mbfavreau; 07-22-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:08 PM
if it makes you feel better, my car was just straight broken into. That was about a 600 dollar night.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
You def got a damn good point (mb) so i think i might have to look into them soon than later ya know. My boy has a white integra that he fixed up and he told me on his forum that people are looking for the fit rims to put on there integra's???? I think it's def worth the money because i'll be damn pissed if i come outside and see my tires and rims missing especially if i only had the car for two weeks ya know.. Get back to me and let me know how those locks work for ya.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Sorry to read about your loss bro, good luck with getting everything resolved!

I have an 06 4Runner Limited that has 18" oem wheels and has a matching a full-size spare that is secured under the rear of the truck by a cable. You use an attachment to the jack inside the rear hatch to lower it down. A lot of guys on the T4R forums have been reporting that these scum bags are going up under the truck and cutting the cable or if they have the adaptor they are ripping up the bottom of the rear gate to get the into the hole. I have a seperate bar lock now for the spare, wish there was something like that for all 4 wheels of a vehicle..

Also, more and more guys with taller suvs and trucks are reporting these crack/meth heads are crawling underneath and sawing off the cat cons!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Sorry about your loss... I'm getting our '09 Fit Sport in about a month. Can anyone recommend a brand of wheel locks other than the overpriced dealer ones? What's the best bang for the buck?

Old 08-06-2008, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
I got a Gorilla set. The ENTIRE set (all 16 lugs) was only like $50 or so...

Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 PM
I am so sorry to read about this, Get the wheel locks, you can get a pack of 4 locks at a place like an Auto Zone, they are only about 10 dollars for a pack of 4 and the unlocking tool is included. That really sucks big time and not in a good way either ! With the price of gas I bought the Honda locking gas cap, maybe I should also get the wheel locks ?

Old 08-19-2008, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mbfavreau
I got a Gorilla set. The ENTIRE set (all 16 lugs) was only like $50 or so...
be sure they are all locks. Gorilla sells a set of lugs that are keyed on the outside of them, but they all use the same socket (some call it a key but its not in this case I am referring to). I only say this because I had 3 sets of wheels for different vehicles that all came with lugs, which i thought were all locks since you needed the special socket to get them all off, but then I realized all 3 sets used the exact same socket. Just throwing it out there as a word of caution. Right now I am using one of those sets, along with a different set of locks, so I need 2 different sockets to get my wheels off.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mbfavreau
Guys, I hate to keep adding to the drama of this case but attached are pictures taken after they "towed" the car away. What they were supposed to do is the towing company was supposed to bring four junk tires, put them on and then tow the car. Based on the scratches and gauges in the driveway, it looks like something was dragged.
I've had cars towed a few times in the past. Some tow trucks have adjustable ramps that they lower to the ground and then push towards the front of your car. The advancing edge of the ramp scrapes against the ground. Maybe this is responsible for some of the horrible scraping you see?

Since the Fit has a low front end, they may have had to make a few tries. I know the tow truck operator who had to tow my Fit had to do a lot of tinkering before he could pull my car onto his truck without gouging the front end.

Still, it does look pretty bad. I hope your car is okay and I'm sorry that some jerks stole your wheels.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Here is a decent set of OE 15" Sport wheels with tires if anyone is interested. Not my sale, just trying to help.