General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

mugen authentic vs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Illusive
Mugen type are crap. Get the real thing.
That pretty much sums it up

Oh yea page 2 is mine

Old 07-15-2008, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Personally, I say go with the real deal. I tend to dislike replicas that are nothing but carbon copies of someone else's existing design. Oftentimes, their fitment, build quality, and reliability are worse, and like others have said, you get what you pay for. Replicas are getting better and better, though, so if you do go that route, do your research and don't get burned. You could end up spending even more than the genuine cost if you have problems w/ the item(s).

-Mike

Old 07-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I have the real ones on my car, everybody I have talked to about the "Mugen Type" knock offs basically says they don't quite fit right, the slope is usually off and looks pretty tacky and also flop around in the wind. Generally it sounds like they regret buying them.

Mine are stiff as a board and I like the air duct on them, they are of a very good design and really not that expensive.

I understand the whole buying knock off thing, people like to save some money. I am not a brand whore at all, if there was a knock off that was the same quality I would have gone for it. But in this case I would say that buying the real ones are going to make you a lot happier.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
well i bought my knock offs because at the time i wasnt sure if it would look good on my car.

i actually dont like the mugen ones now..but

the fitment was actually really good. it doesnt "flop" around in the wind.

i would recommend getting the real ones, because of the see through quality that the real on has. the fake one isnt so see though.which makes it harder to see around it.

i found that i actually dont like the style anymore. so im happy i didnt spend 140 for the visors.

it was my test run. now i know what to buy.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
My opinion but I would get the real Mugen ones. They are great quality and they are reinforced with clips which adds stability. Also if you order from Kings Motor Sport you will get them fast and in great shape. I ordered mine on a Saturday and had them in my living room by the next Wednesday! Kings has been great to deal with and will answer any questions you might e-mail them about their products. I've had mine for over a year and they are still doing great without any problems. The same goes for the Mugen door sills, Mugen racing pedals, rear view mirror cover and my dash plate - all look great and no issues with any of them.

I love the way the Mugen ones look and I think the smoked color brings a nice difference to the windows. I don't think I would paint them but I wish Mugen did offer the color Mugen logo as well as the imprinted one.

Cat

Old 07-15-2008, 10:24 PM
yea. for rich kids, real mugen stuff isnt bad... i dont have my window visors for brand or aerodynanaananamics... i use them cuz i smoke when it rains and i like to not get smacked in teh face by huge rain drops... so for my use and money, ill stick with mewgen lol

Old 07-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT

i would recommend getting the real ones, because of the see through quality that the real on has. the fake one isnt so see though.which makes it harder to see around it.
just an fyi... my mewgen knock offs are smoked... i can see thru them just fine... maybe i just got lucky iunno

Old 07-16-2008, 10:47 PM
great. these are the reviews i wanted to get. not the "your a pouser" (thats right, a pouser with a U) quality is in the mugen.

oh BTW
i seen a yaris with painted window visors and it looked sick. (i know, i know) the car seems even smaller because the windows look smaller. i think the rear garnish has the same effect. less "tall" smooth surfaces give it that illusion.

ok thanks again.
ricky h

Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Best places to buy the Mugen or JDM visors would be????? Thank you in advance for any help. Good prices would be???? Info appreciated.......

Old 07-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by Road Dawg
Best places to buy the Mugen or JDM visors would be????? Thank you in advance for any help. Good prices would be???? Info appreciated.......
i got mine at jdmland.com, took a lil long but maybe because im in hawaii