General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Armrest for 08 Base automatic

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Armrest for 08 Base automatic

I was wondering if anyone had any links to an armrest for an 08 base model automatic. I really wanted to OEM import armrest console from college hills honda but was disappointed when I discovered is was not for base models. I would like something similar, as in a center console replacement, over the ones that screw into the cup holders. Thanks

Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Inferno18
I was wondering if anyone had any links to an armrest for an 08 base model automatic. I really wanted to OEM import armrest console from college hills honda but was disappointed when I discovered is was not for base models. I would like something similar, as in a center console replacement, over the ones that screw into the cup holders. Thanks
The jdm will work for base models. you will just have to deal with the lighter socket and aux input hole in the front drivers side. You can add your own lighter socket to the lighter hole. The JDM console comes with a lighter socket fliptop cover plug thing so you can either put your own socket in the fliptop thing (about 5 bucks from Autozone) or just leave it empty and keep the lid closed.

As for the Aux input hole... It is about 1 x .5 inches rectangle. Get creative. Put a fake nitrous switch in there. Or label the switch ejection seat. If you have an after market head unit run your MP# player aux cable out tof this hole and make a gromit out of some rubber like from an old tire. You will think of something. This is a minor issue. If you can't think of something, some one here will surely have an opinion or two or three...

The only recommendation I will make is to either get some carpet padding or that thin aluminum enclosed fiberglass insulation and line the inside with it to reduce road noise. Stick it in with a few dots of silicone. The stock one has insulation, the replacement for some reason does not.

The JDM console is much cleaner looking fit than the screw in types.
Just my opinion.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
the jdm ones wont work because the size of the opening is different from manual or sport auto. thats y they're not a direct fit. look into zetaproducts for their arm rest and see if you like what they have to offer

Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
That's a really good reply seeremlive

Old 07-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Banned
The hole for the base of the transmission shift lever, in the JDM console, does not fit the diameter of the Base AT lever.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
The hole for the base of the transmission shift lever, in the JDM console, does not fit the diameter of the Base AT lever.
I stand corrected.
I have never measured the opening for the base, but in passing it looked the same. Thsnks for the correction.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by seeremlive
I stand corrected.
I have never measured the opening for the base, but in passing it looked the same. Thsnks for the correction.
No prob. The Base AT lever base lacks the "S" position that we have on the Sport AT.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
No prob. The Base AT lever base lacks the "S" position that we have on the Sport AT.
This just gives another opportunity for another mod.