General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Where to find an orange AT sport in Minnesota?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Where to find an orange AT sport in Minnesota?

I'v finally decided on an orange AT, sport trim honda fit. I'v never purchased a new car and would like a reputable dealership somewhere in Minnesota. If anyone has a recommendation for a good MN honda dealership, let me know!

p.s. sorry if this post belongs in another section of the forums.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
You have 3 options for in the Twin Cities area that I can think of off the top of my head...
Luther Honda Brookdale
Luther Honda Hopkins
Buerkle Honda White Bear Lake

I got mine from Luther Brookdale straight up MSRP on the Sport Auto BBP

...and tell ya what... I have a $200 voucher from my purchase at their dealership that is suppose to be good for a family member or friend on a new or used car purchase.... wanna be my friend

I've heard good things about Buerkle too; just checking Brookdales online inventory shows a BOM Auto Sport, course online inventory is notoriously inaccurate...but it wasn't there yesterday.

Last edited by StreetUrchin; 07-03-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
I got my Fit from Richfied Bloomington Honda. I was pretty happy with them. It all realy depends at where your at in the city I guess. I think the best thing to do is go to the closes dealer and see what they can do for you.

PS always nice to see another FitFreak in MN

Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xander
I'v finally decided on an orange AT, sport trim honda fit. I'v never purchased a new car and would like a reputable dealership somewhere in Minnesota. If anyone has a recommendation for a good MN honda dealership, let me know!

p.s. sorry if this post belongs in another section of the forums.
First survey inventories to see who's got an orange Fit so you can go to a recommended dealer who can work a dealer trade if he's not it.
good luck.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Good luck in you searching. I am in NJ and my dealership has been looking all over the place for a BOM sport MT. I think they found mine about 100 miles away. Dont give up

Old 07-03-2008, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
The first one I test drove was BOM and was going to settle for that one when I went back... but grabbed the BBP that showed up on the lot that morning...

Old 07-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Luther Hopkins Honda I bought three fits there in 07 for my kids. They are very professional and are a quality operation

Old 07-04-2008, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
man.... our cars are so hard to find.. haha. i had to run around to find my car and almost had $3000 stolen from me from a dealership. i wish you luck. i really do. it seems as soon as they get a fit on the lot they sell it that evening or the next day.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
There are very few if any Fits sitting on any lot at a Twin City Honda dealership right now, and if you see any, that Fit is most likely spoken for. When the Inver Grove Heights Honda opened a couple of months ago, they actually had half a dozen Fits on the lot and one in the showroom. After a week, they were all gone, and I have not seen any on their lot since.

If you do want a Fit in a particular color but are not finding one, you can ask a dealer whether he would run a search for you. It's not easy finding a Fit of any color right now, so be prepared for a slow search if you must have a specific color, esp. if it's not Storm Silver Metallic.

I personally recommend Hopkins Honda as well as Inver Grove Heights Honda. We bought our Fit at the former, and service it at the latter. They are both good dealerships, in our opinion.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I'v been speaking to Walser Honda and they said they could do an "e-trade" for a BOM fit since their orders are already spoken for. (at MSRP also) Does anyone have any experience with an e-trade car? is this a standard/safe practice? I'v never heard of it myself.

anyone have experience with Walser also?

Thanks for all of the help thus far!
xander

Old 07-04-2008, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know about "e"-trade, but dealers trade or exchange cars among themselves all the time. They look available cars up on their computer and contact other dealerships about trading (exchanging vehicles).

Old 07-06-2008, 11:27 PM
We bought ours from Brookdale, and it was one of the nicest experiences I've ever had in buying a car. Compared to buying my wife's Subaru a month earlier, which felt like we were getting screwed at every turn.

Of course they have no Fits on the lot - we had to put a deposit down on one of the ones that was coming in.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:25 AM
I bought mine at Burkele (sp?) Honda in White Bear Lake, and had a very good experience. I've had most of the service done at Richfield Bloomington Honda because it's more convenient for me to access. Both are very good and I can reccomend highly.

I saw 8 (1) filts on the lot at RB honda a few weeks ago - they arrived the night before and were all sold.... side note - 5 out of 8 were MT !

I *think* the Luther dealerships do the highest volume though, so you may be able to have a better shot there. But you'll probably have to get on a list somewhere or be very lucky. They don't stay on the lot for long, and are usually pre sold. If you want a specific color/tranny/trim level, I think you'll need to be prepared to wait.... It's no fun , but the wait is worth it.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Bought my taf white at Hopkins Honda. Very professional place. Even they seemed excited at seeing a Fit! Rare cars to get a hold of.